Topic: Looking for safety and radio gear for New Jersey njmp lemons race

Racing real Hoopties of New Jersey this year Looking locally for:

a seat. (we have a cage and seat frame made out of roll cage tubing can modify tubing and stays to make any seat work)

Harness. approved for njmp. I believe SFI 2 years or newer or FIA 5 years or newer or something like that

Communication: some kind of driver to pit communication. Our car currently has nothing and I don't think it's a good idea for our drivers to text people in the garage/pits while driving LOL

A complete race suit. Need everything. Helmet, suit, undergarments, shoes, socks, all that crap that lemons  requires I need. The head and neck support stuff also.

Located in west Chester Pennsylvania. I would love to hook up for the stuff ASAP but worst-case and Ariel if somebody has some things I can buy them off of them at and JMP the day before tech and hurry up and install them overnight.

My phone number is 610-312-4269 if anyone he wants to text me with what they have and how much

Also looking for a big fuel-cell if anybody local has one also. Our fuel cell is in the trunk divided by a bulkhead so I believe I can use one of the cheap crap fuel cells  because it is divided by the bulkhead from the cock pits correct me if I'm wrong on anything please

Re: Looking for safety and radio gear for New Jersey njmp lemons race

Racing real Hoopties of New Jersey this year Looking locally for:

a seat. (we have a cage and seat frame made out of roll cage tubing can modify tubing and stays to make any seat work)

Harness. approved for njmp. I believe SFI 2 years or newer or FIA 5 years or newer or something like that

Communication: some kind of driver to pit communication. Our car currently has nothing and I don't think it's a good idea for our drivers to text people in the garage/pits while driving LOL

A complete race suit. Need everything. Helmet, suit, undergarments, shoes, socks, all that crap that lemons  requires I need. The head and neck support stuff also.

15" tires. The wider the better

Located in west Chester Pennsylvania. I would love to hook up for the stuff ASAP but worst-case and Ariel if somebody has some things I can buy them off of them at and JMP the day before tech and hurry up and install them overnight.

My phone number is 610-312-4269 if anyone he wants to text me with what they have and how much

Also looking for a big fuel-cell if anybody local has one also. Our fuel cell is in the trunk divided by a bulkhead so I believe I can use one of the cheap crap fuel cells  because it is divided by the bulkhead from the cock pits correct me if I'm wrong on anything please

As far as the race suit, try www.racesuitrental.com  If all your drivers need gear, they have a LeMons package.  Check them out.

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod

No offense, but you are asking for about $2K in stuff.  I might have a contact but this is really irregular.

You still need all that 2 weeks before the race?????  You are really cutting it down to the wire....

My suggestion: whip out the credit card and start ordering online....
Don't forget the neck restraint....you can just buy one and share it.
Don't bother with the communication radios...just plan ahead with the drivers...and mount a clock in the car.
And if you already have a fuel cell...leave it alone....hopefully it is mounted correctly to pass tech

and if you score some used equipment, you can always return stuff that you purchased later...

Renting gear is also a good option.  Expect to receive it like on the Wednesday before the race.    And err on the larger size when ordering.

Best of luck and see you at the races!!

z

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Opus #28  (still can't win anything...)

Very good idea. Gonna check out the pricing for the three of us. Thanks much

Yeah there's already a cell installed. It's just small (like 10 or 12 gal)  and there's no gauge and we have no clue how long it's gonna last until empty  because this is a new build for us and it's a pig v8. Hence why I wanted a driver to pick communication and a larger fuel-cell to try and plan fuel up  with driver changes. Hopefully on the testing day before the race we can get an idea of how quickly we consume fuel.  With two weeks until the race I guess I can deal with the cell I have unless I find someone who has a larger one locally cheap. Things I don't have yet  that are absolutely mandatory  is a harness and suits. My one buddy is buying his own soup because he is the size of Sasquatch. I'm probably going to buy mine instead of renting one also because I plan on doing more lemons and Chumps. We have a seat now. But it is just straight aluminum with no padding and the angle of it sucks they put our knees on the steering wheel

The races in two weeks. I already have a cell but it is small. So if I can find a large one locally for cheap I have some time to swap it out. I think I can use the really cheap cells because I have the bulkhead divider. The radio communication of any sort I wanted to try and line up fueling up with driver changing.already have a seat but it is just aluminum with no padding and the angle of it sucks it puts our knees on the steering well. The only mandatory things I think I need to race it's just the harness and the sou already have a seat but it is just aluminum with no padding and the angle of it sucks it puts our knees on the steering well. The only mandatory things I think I need to race it's just the harness and the suit. But if I can find the other items reasonably priced locally I would love to add them in quick before the race

Oh yeah and in the two weeks it also needs countless upon countless hours of mechanical work and wiring work. Also has to go get tuned, and go get an alignment

- You can pad the seat with memory foam pad from Walmart, and such....or just grab a pillow off you wife' couch and shove it under your ass....
- Being your first race, I suggest just going out for one hour shifts.  That way you can maximize the chances that everyone will get seat time.  And then just top off the tank every time you do a driver change.  We don't have a fuel gauge either.  Our car is economical and burns approx. 5 gallons per hour...4 cylinder Honda...yours will burn more.
- NJ kinda sucks ....some gas stations will not let you fuel up any jugs unless they are RED.  You can always bring a can of red paint.
- Mount a big clock in your car, and every time a driver goes out, just agree on a time to meet in pit for refueling and driver change.  Radios are really not that necessary.....for a first race...
- Try to get a FIA harness.  They are good for 5 years.  SFI are only good for 2 years.  They are minimally more expensive.  I got mine at SafeRacer....but I see that they only have the 6 point ones...I got the 5 point
- Make sure your helmet is legit....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Opus #28  (still can't win anything...)

OnkelUdo wrote:

No offense, but you are asking for about $2K in stuff.  I might have a contact but this is really irregular.

"Highly irregular"?  or "Just plain nuts"?....no offense, but maybe just plain stupid?.....he's even looking for tires/wheels now!!
----this guy is going to fit right in with the rest of us idiots....!
Love it....

That's exactly the kind of Inpit I need! Thanks MZA!

I have 3 sets of wheels. Just looking for some local  cheap tires to put on before I run the super cheats improperly marked 190 tires

Isn't this whole thing all about stupidity?! I'll fit right in!

I have a new Simpson 5-point harness that we never installed. Under the new Lemons rules it is good through the 2017 season. Send me an address and I'll mail it out to you on Monday.

15 (edited by SloppyJalopy 2017-04-29 05:21 PM)

A very

16 (edited by SloppyJalopy 2017-04-29 05:23 PM)

Damn edits

17 (edited by SloppyJalopy 2017-04-29 05:24 PM)

A very kind gentleman by the name of Scott is sending me a harness so I'm good there! Bless your heart Scott thanks!! Come find team knotfurlong and we'll make sure you eat well and drink plenty. If I can find a third trailer I want to bring a half assed mobile machine shop and a mobile hardware store. So I will do what I can to help keep you running

What size tires are you looking for?

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Not too picky on the exact size.

Our rims are 15"  and they are probably 8 inches wide. So anything that is somewhat wide and has a somewhat lower profile would work perfect. 245 and up ish. And less than 75.  LOL that looking for a truck tires and not looking for 315/35/15's either

255/45/15 maybe. I don't know.  We have room for anything In that vacinity to fit.  I think I can for anything from a 235 up to a 275 maybe and anything from a 35 up to a 75

Actually, after looking. I can totally fit a 295

I had some old 16's I could let you use.  If you can come up w/ 16" rims, let me know.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

22 (edited by TheEngineer 2017-05-01 12:30 PM)

Yea, asking for that much stuff donated is a bit unusual. I've seen people lend things before though.

- seat: You really should have a seat before the cage is done. I hope your harness bar is in the right place for whatever seat you get.
- Harness. approved for njmp - sounds like someone is lending/giving. But there are cheap enough options out there for FIA
-Communication: You have enough else to do. Just mount a clock and agree on times to come in. Cheap off the shelf radios don't work well at NJMP, not enough range (yes I know they say 15 miles on the package, it's not true unless you're on open water). You need some good radios setup and a lot of time to learn the annoyances that come with them.
- race suit: At this point rental is a good option. If you plan on doing many races it's better to buy however.
- fuel-cell: use what you've got, seriously. You're not going to win, so if the current setup works, just roll with it. The exception is if your current one does not meet lemons rules. Bulkhead or no, you need a cell that is 3 parts. An outer shell, a bladder, and then foam filled. If you don't have those three parts, you're going to fail tech. Bulkhead only means you don't need FIA certs.

14 Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

I'm right over the Commodore Barry Bridge from you in Woolwich Twp.  I'd have to talk to my team but may have a used Corbeau seat and possibly some communication stuff we'd be willing to sell.  I also have a couple cars you can check out if you need ideas for your build.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, NX200, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive

I'm not looking for donations, cash in hand

SloppyJalopy wrote:

I'm not looking for donations, cash in hand

---that is, has money, but no brains....!

just bustin' your chops.....no offense

and put your location into your profile under the SloppyJalopy so that it comes up when you post in the left hand column