1 (edited by Will_it_Make_it 2017-05-03 04:58 PM)

Topic: 2K SVT Contour, Santa Rosa, CA $500

I have a 2000 Ford Countour SVT.  The car was fun commuter until a deer decided to end it all be ruining into the side of it as I was driving down the road at 60 MPH.  The insurance company totaled it and I bought it back and continued driving it for a another year until it developed a pretty bad oil leak.  I then handed it off to my son to drive.  One thing to note about teenage boys and leaky cars.  Unless you explicitly tell them to put oil in the car and check with them on a regular basis that they have, they will not.   So it now has a seized motor.

I've decided not to build a LeMons race car right now.  I am considering a LeMons Rally car though and this just isn't what I want to spend time on for that event..  It is still a nice car with great racing potential.  It handles and brakes great.  You can swap in a 3.0 or another 2.5 out of any ford of that era and be up and running in no time.  Or rebuild what's there.  It has good wheels and tires.

Open to all offers and even possible trades.  This is it's last chance for a continued existence.  It will be going to the wrecking yard soon.  Can you save this car from that doom?  It is a rare SVT if that makes any difference.

Thanks and pics are available on SFBAY Craigslist.  This is my first post so I can't submit links yet.

Re: 2K SVT Contour, Santa Rosa, CA $500

I would buy it but it will cost me more to get it to South Carolina.

While not what you were looking for, I'd be interested in the camshafts out of it.  Assuming they're not junk.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita" 
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)
1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless)
1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites) (Sold -> Houston.  Gone and forgotten)

Just sent you an email Cheseroo.

How would you feel about donating it to my HS Auto Shop in Petaluma?
I can pick it up. You get a tax deduction, and my students get a project.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
TRUMPACO XR4Ti (We've arrived!! Now if I could make it go faster than 65 mph.)
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31, w/Improved Smokiness (now in rehab)
2008 AMP Survivor, 2008 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

. . . hoping to see the SVT hit the LeMons track as a followup to the (in)famous flambe'd Skunk!

(I gotta say that my mother-in-laws regular 4 banger automatic, squishy seats and all, had great driving feel in the twisties.  Front wheel drive and all, it seemed to rotate around the middle of the car rather than take a set then turn like the usual FWD deal.  Race it!!)

Will_it_Make_it wrote:

Just sent you an email Cheseroo.

Didn't get it.  Try cheseroo <at> hotmail

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita" 
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)
1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless)
1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites) (Sold -> Houston.  Gone and forgotten)

New Craigslist Link.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6129178774.html