1 (edited by shamwow 2017-06-01 08:25 AM)

Topic: Race the MetSHO! Autobahn July 22-23

July 22-23, $750/seat, Autobahn Raceway in the TWIN TURBO MetSHO for 24hrs of Lemons

About the race
The race will be July 22-23 at Autobahn Raceway in Joliet IL,. We will arrive Thursday night, July 21 and setup. Friday will be tech inspection, optional practice, and drinking. The race runs 10-6:30 on Saturday, then 12-5:30 on Sunday.

Costs
The cost will be $750 plus the gas you use during YOUR stint (plan on 15gal/stint and two stints). We will be camping at the track so bring a tent or lmk what you need. We all chip in for food and drinks. For the price, I guarantee the car will be ready to race and pass tech. If everything goes well you should get 2 stints at about 1.5hrs each.

The car
We race a 93 geo metro with a taurus SHO drivetrain in the back. Last summer we twin turbocharged it! Wooot!

We had some cooling issues at the last two races, but that appears to be fixed now! At the practice day the car ran a cool 160F all day.. Cool enough that we need to add a thermostat i think!

Other than replacing the busted clutch, the car is ready to race. Suspension, brakes, and engine all feel pretty phenomenal. We are holding another test day July 8/9 as well, so that should shake loose any other bugs.

You can reach me at CharnalHouse@gmail.com

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/Mike_Gruizinga/4B2AF61C-5949-4F3F-8398-F5F7FD62663A_zpsawgcbk6c.jpg

Charnal House Inc.
Like us on Facebook!
Or send us a message at CharnalHouse@gmail.com

Re: Race the MetSHO! Autobahn July 22-23

Two open seats!

Its super reliable*

*as compared to other ghettocharged mid-engined Lemons cars

Charnal House Inc.
Like us on Facebook!
Or send us a message at CharnalHouse@gmail.com

Just saw this.... I'm already in... can't believe this wasn't 20 pages of "I want in!!!"

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

4 (edited by diiaa366 2017-06-21 02:03 PM)

You guys still looking? I'm running with another team for the weekend, but would consider taking stints with your team as well if there are spots still avail.

evangoetzman wrote:

You guys still looking? I'm running with another team for the weekend, but would consider taking stints with your team as well if there are spots still avail.

Since Mike hasn't answered, I will: I believe the roster is full.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Nothing's for certain, it could always go wrong. Come in when it's raining, go on out when it's gone.