Re: Your Bucket List Car

Mitsubishi Galant VR4.  I've always loved these.

Porsche GT3 RS

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/cromec/IMG_0481_zpsbv5irvuf.jpeg

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

M Coupe

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

squidrope wrote:

M Coupe

I'm going to list my Z4M coupe for sale in the next two weeks, once I get good pictures of it, if you're interested...

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

30 (edited by zanzabar88 2017-06-23 12:52 PM)

moose72 wrote:

I would have to say the Lancia Stratos.

I like your thinking, aim high!

I'm going to go for Ferrari. ANY Ferrari. Or Audi R8 maybe. And we're talking like 15 years from now.

Captain of AFART Racing - 1987 and 1988 Toyota Supras
Captain of McDads/AFART Racing -1977 Lancia Scorpion (IOE Winner Sears Pointless 2021... wait, really?? YES, REALLY!!).
Captain of 42 Hours of MeLons (2013-14) - Vattenmelon Vagn 1984 Volvo 240, B-Class Winner: Arse-Freeze 2014

I guess at some point I wouldn't mind owning a used FR-S or similar-generation Miata that was already trashed enough that I didn't mind gutting the interior to fit my head and shoulders in it.

Just picked up one of mine. It's the car that started me down this car obsession: A Fiat Cinquecento. This one happens to be a 1969.

I've got to, as promised, ditch some other projects before I start playing with it. But it was me searching for an affordable one of these back in 1997 after moving to San Diego that led me to a 1970 Honda AN600 and then countless classic minis, then Lemons. Now I've got one.

Spank wrote:

Just picked up one of mine. It's the car that started me down this car obsession: A Fiat Cinquecento. This one happens to be a 1969.

I've got to, as promised, ditch some other projects before I start playing with it. But it was me searching for an affordable one of these back in 1997 after moving to San Diego that led me to a 1970 Honda AN600 and then countless classic minis, then Lemons. Now I've got one.

Nice! Congrats!

Silversleeves Racing
Austin Mini #42 | John Lemmons Wolseley Hornet
Austin 1800 #49  V6 Landcrab - Organizer's Choice PNW2013 | Class C Winner 2015
Barbie's Corvette #44 - Organizer's Choice PNW2014

Sonic wrote:

Aston Martin DB9. Once my BMW is sold I will be actively shopping for a manual trans volante in not black or gray. They are quite rare.

Most disappointing press car I have ever had* - Vanquish Volante. Gave it back a day early. Such expectations, such disappointment.

http://www.motorpunk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/aston-martin-vanquish-volante-at-chatham-historic-dockyard-2.jpg

*Worse than a Chinese built MG3.

A car I will own some day? This, but with silver rims, please. Best car I ever blagged.

http://www.motorpunk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Lotus-Evora-S-oh-baby.jpg

I also have a throbbing for an IKA Torino, but finding one for sale outside Argentina is impossible...

Someday: the metalforming skills to build my own Delahaye/Bugatti/Cord kind of thing.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Some day I will sell my minivan and get a 1991-1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon, which I will drive until I die.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

I've wanted a lotus 7 for a long long time. I got a ride in a catrham a while back and it just completely sealed the deal. I think the best way to go is the Birkin kit. Not as astronomical in price as caterham, and you won't piss off the purists if you mod it like would happen with a legit old Lotus. Someday, I will have to buy a kit and build one.

Other realistic cars, I would like another 944 someday. One without a ton of rust. I still kinda miss my 924S in a truly masochistic way. I'd really like to find a turbo variant. I also know there will come a day when my dad will want to sell his Elise, and I would love to be able to buy it off him.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

38 (edited by ninjacoco 2017-07-22 11:24 AM)

I will have my aircooled Guards Red 911 someday. SOMEDAY!

I'd also rather like a Trabant, too.

ninjacoco wrote:

I just got back from working in Slovakia and Hungary for a couple of weeks. There are a surprising number of Trabants still running around over there. My co-workers didn't understand why I was pointing them out.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

there are 3 cars I must own in my life time:

An M3, really any of them, but if I had to pick it would be an e90 with the V8 and a six speed.

and I'm going to have to own a 911 one day. Probably water cooled, the earlier ones are getting ridiculous in price.

And a 'vette, at least a z51, preferably a GS.

The Roto-Racer '89 Merkur:  If it ain't rusting, It ain't racing.

'14 Real Hoopties of NJ: Judges Choice

Just got my "bucket-list" car.  17 years ago I was planning on a new car purchase when I found out that I had a kiddo on the way.  Well my now 16 y.o. daughter has her drivers license and I can get that 2 seater I had my eye on many moons ago.  Picked up a 2000 M Coupe 2 months ago and can't stop smiling.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

Well I think I would like to drive Mazeratti for a while. Also I would definitely like to have in my garage one of these driveless cars not to be stressed in the morning and be able to drink beers more often smile. They say that soon people will even live in these driveless cars https://tranio.com/world/spotlight/self … rket_5354/
That I wouldn’t want though smile

After driving a DB9 I was a little disappointed in the experience.  It looked and sounds amazing, but left me a little cold in the driving experience.  I then looked at another bucket list car and after a few months of lookingX I just put a deposit on this, pickup in about a week.

http://nsx.ceguides.com/data/images/nsx/S000161-01.jpg

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Nice. As good as the DB9 looks and sounds, you made a better choice.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Well....I kinda have one of them, my 84 Monte Carlo Super Sport.

But its not done yet, I have a 400 SBC that I'm building to drop into it, should pair very nice with the overdrive trans, the holley EFI and so forth....but I'm building a new Lemons car so it has to wait.   Also I promised my boyfriend I would put bigger brakes on the car before I added even more power...so I don't kill myself yaknow.

The other car on the list is a Buick Grand National....because I love my G bodies and always have.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

rmcdaniels wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:

I just got back from working in Slovakia and Hungary for a couple of weeks. There are a surprising number of Trabants still running around over there. My co-workers didn't understand why I was pointing them out.

They're so CUTE!!!!

So on Jalopnik the other day, there was that story about the guy in michigan, I think, who was being forced by the courts to liquidate his 200 strong car collection, and I saw the car of my dreams- in terrible kit, of course, but I saw it.

Bronco convertible.

If you’re gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

70 Buick GS big block or clean country squire big block in tan or brown

I couldn't pick just one older car.
I love vintage automobiles!
I've owned quite a few.
But I WILL have a Tesla Model S one of these days!!!

Lotus Exige or Elise

urQuattro (or happy to have an imported RS2 Wagon as a substitute)

Also still have an odd lust for the last couple models years of the 944, the S2. No turbo, 200 ponies in a competent chassis and good looking car... you 911 lusters can have them.

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX