Re: JUDGES PLEASE PENALTY THE E30 AND MIATAS FOR CRAPPY THEMES

Gimp Pimp wrote:

I'm happy say we'll finally be sporting an Overzet-approved level of themery for Thunderhill.  This is a formal invite to everyone to come enjoy an evening at the Bushwood Country Club on Friday (and most likely Saturday) night.  I don't see how you'll be able to miss it.  We all have our outfits picked out, sound effects downloaded, etc.

You know anyone with a Northstar engine laying around?

hoboy.   Did you miss this thread???

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=3659

Better get crackin on plan B.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Good lord!  Thanks for the heads up, Jer!  Plan B it is.  Fuck.

Gimp Pimp wrote:

Good lord!  Thanks for the heads up, Jer!  Plan B it is.  Fuck.

Sorry, man.  But at least you won't have to re-theme it on the spot!

1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

icemang17 wrote:

I think there should be a "no spec racers" clause in the rules......meaning any type of car that has its OWN spec racer series is NOT allowed....i.e spec E30, spec miata, spec 944, RX7 etc.... 

This would guarantee a more diverse field of cars and more inventive engineering...

In all Lemons races since 2009 (14) 7 wins have been "spec" racers....or 1/2 the wins....  the last thing Lemons wants to be is a washed up spec series....

What are you smoking?  In what world could a 'spec' miata or e30 ever beat a Citroen in the 24HoL?  Those 'spec' cars are far too easy to do laps in to win.  If you want to ban 'guaranteed winners' or 'unbeatable' cars, start looking at the french...

Judge Jonny wrote:

Sure, they might complete the most laps from time to time, but who fucking cares?

Last time I checked, a Citoren ID19 won.

The Dude Abides...

"Don't mess with Lexas!"
Former Captain, Team Lebowski

Properly prepared, driven, and crewed, nearly any car could do the most laps.  Not any car can win the race though.  To win the race you need to be creative, find a real pile of unique car, get it running against all odds, and keep it on the track without it dumping what's left of it's parts out the bottom of the engine.  Banning other cars won't help you there.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

GnomeFabTech wrote:

Properly prepared, driven, and crewed, nearly any car could do the most laps.  Not any car can win the race though.  To win the race you need to be creative, find a real pile of unique car, get it running against all odds, and keep it on the track without it dumping what's left of it's parts out the bottom of the engine.  Banning other cars won't help you there.

I keep sayin it, and Jay sorta listened with this years adjustments, but until you completely STOP giving out prizes and attention for first place, it will always be about the win.. its racing after all, not a parade float... Flip those two around, and more theme diversity is bound to show up.. Me? I'm in it for the racing. I don't have much talent for the theme.

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

58 (edited by Jer 2010-03-23 11:13 AM)

You could go 2K for the IOE and 1K for the winner on laps.  That would help, because 2K would encourage more people to dump money in hopeless piles of crap.

If we win the IOE in May, the nickels will certainly encourage us to try something even more stupid next winter!

Spinnetti wrote:

I'm in it for the racing. I don't have much talent for the theme.

I'm in it for the BBQ.

gregtivo wrote:
Spinnetti wrote:

I'm in it for the BBQ.

i'm just in it for the titties & beer.  but the nickels were nice.  smile

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

soldmystang wrote:
gregtivo wrote:
Spinnetti wrote:

I'm in it for the BBQ.

i'm just in it for the titties & beer.  but the nickels were nice.  smile

Apparently you haven't seen the titties here

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Jer wrote:

You could go 2K for the IOE and 1K for the winner on laps.  That would help, because 2K would encourage more people to dump money in hopeless piles of crap.

If we win the IOE in May, the nickels will certainly encourage us to try something even more stupid next winter!

This is a great idea.................. 2010 is a step in the right direction at $1500 for the win and $1501 for IOE...... so why not go even bigger.....$2500 for IOE and $500 for most laps.... 

In the true spirit of Lemons, this would encourage far more IOE style cars than "fast" cars going for the "win".....

As cool as the Citroen was....I still think Nascar Mayer should have got IOE....those guys but a mountain of work into the car & still managed to have a fast car!!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Speaking about themes ,icemang17  what are you going to do to the estate next ?

I think that the theme is hyped up on the application then the team  lag after they get accepted.  Maybe the Judges should grade the theme and look at the application then give penalty laps for how well they followed thru on the theme!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER

64 (edited by magnusracing 2010-03-23 11:13 PM)

icemang17 wrote:

As cool as the Citroen was....I still think Nascar Mayer should have got IOE....those guys but a mountain of work into the car & still managed to have a fast car!!

yeah... but it was a TOYOTA... I'm not saying the Weiner Mobile wasn't super cool... but it just is not even on CLOSE to the same IOE level as a Citroen DS. The Citroen owner and I live in the same city and the Great Pendejo and I provided some minor assistance in the preparation of his vehicle. I saw how truly awful and hopeless that car was.  The fact that it went around and around the track all day Sunday is among one of the greatest automotive miracles of all time.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

Agreed, theming up a car to the max might get you an organizer's choice, bt the IOE should be for doing the most with the least (and I'm talking about cars, not themes).

The IOE was for the Citreon at Pointless and My Buddies in the Limp Gimp (hand controlled cadi sts ) got award for doing the most with the least. I see what your saying IOE sometimes has to do with the story of the car and how team and it got there.

70% of Lemons is doing the most with the least the other 30% is the miatas and e30s

I'm just thinking that there is too many serious racers now and aren't getting the jist of Lemons or just doing the minimum to get there .

JER look you started with a Craptation and now you got a miata.

I started with a 88 4dr civic I built in a week before AMP#2 that has got a 6th 13th  and a couple 20 th places now it is dead  so I bought a grand ma towncar with vinyl roof and whitewalls  .Not going to win with that

I enjoy the crazy things people do to there cars and then end up placing really good or not even finishing.Like the Citreon it was never driven til the race except 50' to his driveway.

Big Sausage Pizza crew was rolling around the pits til 1am with a cooler of beer that said "trouble" on it asking if anyone would like some trouble.

67 (edited by Jer 2010-03-25 08:34 AM)

We have a ton of cars in the Schumacher Taxi Service.  We have an MR2, a Crown Vic, an Audi, the coROLLa, the Craptation and the Miata.  I wouldn't feel right bringing the Miata every race, but hopefully the goodwill generated with the true crapheaps offsets the illwill generated by the occasion race we use the Miata in.  smile  The Miata ran at Nelson Ledges last fall and finished 108th.  I gave the coROLLa to a teammate and we run it again at Summit Point (hopefully). 

Personally, I'm not fond of the Miata and might sell it after a couple more races.  I'd prefer to surprise people or fail completely with true crapheaps.

WOW I thought the fleet ! CRX,GIMP cadi,88 honda RIP,new Toen car and Team underground pits with us