Re: Still plugging away

JThw8 wrote:

Only a 1/4 keg?....I need copious amounts of alcohol at this point.

1/4 keg for me.  You're on your own.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

docrice wrote:

This is a fantastic build and proves that with enough time and MONEY you can build something truly epic from what would otherwise be considered a lost cause. Kudos to you guys, and I'm looking forward to seeing it at Capitol Offense.

Fixed again.  Fuel cells alone, if done correctly, can be $1000 alone.  sad

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Jer wrote:
docrice wrote:

This is a fantastic build and proves that with enough time and MONEY you can build something truly epic from what would otherwise be considered a lost cause. Kudos to you guys, and I'm looking forward to seeing it at Capitol Offense.

Fixed again.  Fuel cells alone, if done correctly, can be $1000 alone.  sad

Ours is not an FIA cell so it didnt cost that, we had hoped to use one to appease the tech guys but no dice once we saw the cost.

The car, including safety should still be coming in under the GRM $2010 budget cap so its not alot of money, this is not an uber cheaty build, just alot of scrap parts cobbled together.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Jim you gotta air that baby out and get it running long enough to go up and down the block. Love the build man, I may have to ask you to start making fenders with that neato bead roller when I get one of my dream projects going.

I'm really hoping we at least get our traditional "one trip around the block" before we go.  Still lot's to do though.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

I'm coming up short here - 21 to drink, -7 years = 14 years old.  16 years old to drive...  Unless you were in some legal trouble...

Nope, no legal trouble. Yup, I'm fourteen. I don't drive, just instigate and organize the team. I'm not sure if I'll ever be any good at driving, but I really like the mechanical work. Though it's illegal for me to make money off it until I'm 18, unfortunately.

Nick
Instigator of Naked Guy Racing, formerly The Knights Who Say Ni-ssan

Particle_Man wrote:

Nope, no legal trouble. Yup, I'm fourteen... Though it's illegal for me to make money off it until I'm 18, unfortunately.

Huh?  I had a job at 14.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.