Topic: acceptance for Thill sweat your arsa palooza

anyone get them yet ?

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

2 (edited by Spank 2010-06-06 09:18 PM)

Re: acceptance for Thill sweat your arsa palooza

nope. My guess is they are a little busy with the race that's happening this weekend.

Update:

Team Bean
Air Prance Oui We Can-can
Apollo 18

are in.

Anyone need a seat?

Filthy Tron is in!

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

4 (edited by stu3 2010-06-06 06:10 PM)

I cannot believe we are going to miss this years race, work, team members moving, back surgery, bad engine. etc...
I hope it as good of a race and turnout as last year.
Thanks to everyone who helped out at T-hill at "Broken" this year.

Drive safe.

Stu3
Rockers in Dockers #69

The Gone in 60 Laps Eleanor Mustang will be back for more 5.0 action!!

It is 60 days, 11 hours, 50 minutes and 9 seconds until Friday, August 6, 2010 at 7:00:00 AM San Francisco time.  Time to get crackin!!

Import Alloy's "Little Red Poorvette" is in big_smile

Import Alloy Racing
The Little Red Poorvette

There is no freaking way that Arse-Sweat is going to be hotter than North Dallas Hooptie was.

Saturday, June 5:
High Temp: 96.9
Dew Point: 70.5
Heat Index: 104

Sunday, June 6:
High Temp: 95.7
Dew Point: 76.1
Heat Index: 109

Start working on your ghetto cool suit system NOW. Complete life saver for us. Our next-door neighbor didn't have one and looked like a lobster after 35 minutes in the car.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Thunderhill high temp could easily be 102-105F.

Team Tinyvette is in.

Team Underground is in and will be there defending the Z cup!

The wanker Jag is in and hoping the 928 shows so we can finally have our race,,

Pendejo

Doubtful the 928 will show, but there will be another Jag, (Fraidy Cat Racing) new entry, for you to contend with.

12 (edited by magnusracing 2010-06-07 08:30 AM)

m610 wrote:

Doubtful the 928 will show, but there will be another Jag, (Fraidy Cat Racing) new entry, for you to contend with.

ohhh... V12 Jag???

Edit:

Saw their forum... an XJ12 Sedan. Nice! Those are rare and I think they all had the 6.0 liter V12. I want their motor! Best of luck to them! We V12 types need it.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

Mulry wrote:

There is no freaking way that Arse-Sweat is going to be hotter than North Dallas Hooptie was.

Saturday, June 5:
High Temp: 96.9
Dew Point: 70.5
Heat Index: 104

Sunday, June 6:
High Temp: 95.7
Dew Point: 76.1
Heat Index: 109

It will likely be ~110 out, 130+ on the track.  We have to do something about a cool suit system.

LEMON DEMOLITION

PIT CREW REVENGE 2.0 Hummer Honda

MAXIMUS FORGIVENESS

ate all in now gotta get drivers

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

There's something extra miserable about the way weather extremes feel at Thunderhill, and you can't quantify it by just looking at the numbers. For example, 39 degrees F at Thunderhill makes you feel way more cold than, say, 15 degrees F anywhere else. Likewise, I'm pretty sure that 90 degrees at T-hill will cause a much higher Butt Sweat Index (BSI) than the 98 degrees/100 percent humidity we experienced at the Laissez Les Crapheaps Roulez in Louisiana last year.

In fact, everyone might as well apply the Thunderhill Sucky Weather Correction formula to actual temperatures. Sort of like wind chill or heat index. If it's hot, add 20 degrees. If it's cold, subtract 25 degrees.

Those of you who have spent time in nearby Chico (which actually has slightly nicer weather than Willows) can vouch for this effect. Why do you think they have to drink so goddamn much at Chico State?

That said, however, the weather at the Goin' For Broken was the nicest we've ever had at any Lemons race in the history of the series. May in Willows is nice!

Eyesore will be there, but we're ditching the warp drives.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

Are you upgrading to an infinity drive? Or swapping sci-fi universes and mounting the Millenium Falcon on the roof? Talk about easy costumes to put together. Although I'd hate to be the guy in the Chewy suit at Arse-Sweat. He (or she) would have to have a serious case of martyrdom going.

BTW, thank Dave for the 615K writeup. Our experience on the old compound versus the new compound at ECR this weekend correlates perfectly with y'alls. Except that we're crappier drivers in a slower car...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Judge Phil wrote:

Why do you think they have to drink so goddamn much at Chico State?

Because they are trying to keep up with Team Underground when we come to town!

It will be plenty hot at Arse Sweat.......

Sure the "average" day is a lowly 92F....but the record is 114F.....  The hottest I have driven Thunderhill is about 102F....and it SUCKED....it sucked with onyl 20 minutes in the car NOT TWO HOURS....the next day it dropped to downright pleasant 95F and everyone was VERY happy.... 

And the 928 will NOT be there :>(

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Judge Phil wrote:

...The weather at the Goin' For Broken was the nicest we've ever had at any Lemons race in the history of the series. May in Willows is nice!

It's USUALLY nice.  In May of '07, I went up to Thunderhill to watch a CSRG vintage race weekend.

It was a hunnert-an'-fuckin'-four degrees.  In the middle of May.  Something like a third of the cars had heat-related mechanical problems.

In a strange way, I'm looking forward to Arse-Sweat-A-Palooza.  When a vintage race XK120 starts to overheat, it gets parked in the pits while anxious onlookers hope nothing expensive happened.  At Lemons, people are going to be shouting with glee every time a radiator boils over, and teams will be ghetto-rigging extra cooling devices.  Should be interesting.

Sadly the Angry Hamsters won't be at the Arse-Sweat. Given our track record with the Honda V4 engines we have decided that we need to upgrade our power plant. Can't say exactly what just yet but the conversion is going to take a little while and we won't be ready in time. Hope to make the Arse-Freeze in December.

Edward

Edward
Angry Hamster Racing
Angry Hamster Racing on Facebook

icemang17 wrote:

It will be plenty hot at Arse Sweat.......

Sure the "average" day is a lowly 92F....but the record is 114F.....  The hottest I have driven Thunderhill is about 102F....and it SUCKED....it sucked with onyl 20 minutes in the car NOT TWO HOURS....the next day it dropped to downright pleasant 95F and everyone was VERY happy.... 

And the 928 will NOT be there :>(

Well Richard is all i gotta say is the British toaster really does make the best toast so you missed out. Bummer you wont be there.

Pendejo Maximo

The Bavarian Ranchero is going to be there.  With a Coolsuit system!  I figure it will be cooler and more comfortable in the car than out of the car.  I want a 5-hour stint in the afternoon.

BuFord

Paul, aka BuFord Hogswaller:  Team Captain, Team Bavarian Ranchero and Team Pink Lloyd

Team Dai Hard's Charade will be there, now with 16.2mm stroke increase from a SUV engine and a lot of weight cut out!

Team Dai Hard Home Page

1989 Daihatsu Charade

The Jeep SuperCherokeeBird will be back for another round at T-Hill. 

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.