Topic: New hood/roof number clarifications

Are the numbers on the roof/hood to be oriented as to be read from the front, l/r side, or rear?  How large (tall/wide) do they need to be?  We have very, very limited space on our roof and no hood, so meeting this requirement will be a little tricky.

Re: New hood/roof number clarifications

this what Jay told me about the #'s..." the numbers, if you need to choose, make them passenger-side biased, but we don't really care that much either way."  I would bet that he wants them 12" high

sawinatthewheel...sometimes too much, sometimes not enough...just like life

This is actually a real issue for 2 of the teams, mine included, because 80 becomes 08 and visa versa.  Guess I'll just put a line under the bottom?

Well, I guess we lucked out with "111" then!

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

Same here with #0!   Didn't even think of that when I selected it

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

I've been wondering who the roof numbers are for?  Unless someone is in a helicopter, only one other person could see them..,the guy working the flagstand at start finish.

Our numbers are 20" tall so there won't be a problem reading them. smile

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:

I've been wondering who the roof numbers are for?  Unless someone is in a helicopter, only one other person could see them..,the guy working the flagstand at start finish.

Probably to help with black flags. At Reno most cars would pass directly under the flagger at the start/finish in such a way that I am sure that it was difficult for them to read the car number.

VKZ24 wrote:

I'm surprised that they haven't required us to put numbers on the bottom yet so that they don't have to waste time flipping us over before they call in the penalty...

VKZ24 wrote:

Our numbers are 20" tall so there won't be a problem reading them. smile

The guy working the flagstand and the folks in the timing/scoring tower at some races.

We missed the winner at MSR in February due to lack of top numbers. Don't let that happen to you!!! (As if you were going to win, hahahaha!!!!)

I think all team members should wear numbers on their clothing at all times. That way we can see who's helping out the other teams in the pits and who's being jerks... and reward/punish appropriately.

http://homepage.mac.com/fidelitarean/oddments/covers/mediafiles/l17.jpg

Also, E30 team members should be forced to dress exactly like Heino, including hairstyle and glasses. Unless they're the Piranhas/Shrimp Boots from Louisiana, of course, because those guys can't wear shirts.

MurileeMartin wrote:

http://homepage.mac.com/fidelitarean/od … es/l17.jpg

Also, E30 team members should be forced to dress exactly like Heino, including hairstyle and glasses. Unless they're the Piranhas/Shrimp Boots from Louisiana, of course, because those guys can't wear shirts.

Quoted for truth.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs