Topic: Want to be a Lemons Legend In Your Own Time?

Then buy this 1972 Citroën DS and LeMons-ize it! You will have no competition whatsoever for the Index Of Effluency, and imagine that comfy suspension hydropneumatique ride on the track!
http://i.ebayimg.com/10/!BRm6LVg!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjoEjlLm(,tvBJ-5+bR+zQ~~_1.JPG

Re: Want to be a Lemons Legend In Your Own Time?

MurileeMartin wrote:

imagine that comfy suspension hydropneumatique ride on the track!

no driver changes necessary

97,527 miles and located in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.  Holy impossible batman!

It really doesn't look like it needs extra Lemons-izing to me...?

rguyton wrote:

It really doesn't look like it needs extra Lemons-izing to me...?

Other than a roll cage, no.

The car is from Punxsutawney, that just yells Groundhogs Day to me.  The car needs stuff to tie it to the movie.  I'm thinking ice sculpture, Jeopardy questions, Ned the Head mannequin in the passenger seat, and a groundhog for a hood ornamment.

Aaron

1999 Astro (Green the Daily Driver) - 2WD, 4.3L, 3.23, 200k+ miles, FE2 steering
1997 Astro (Grumpy the $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 330k+ miles on the orig eng and trans, $30 eBay fuel pump

C'mon, I know where there are three DS derelicts parked in the mud right here in CA! (Murilee, check the Snowball rally pix). And yes, you'd probably win the Index of Effluency.

Punxsutawney Phil Rides Again!

I think I'd get an old stuffed groundhog from a taxidermist and mount it on the roof maybe?  gotta cover that thing with fur for sure!

hmmmm  I'd feel better about it if it didn't read "running when parked in 1982" 27 years ago!!!  gulp.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

And I thought we were crazy for running a Peugeot! That's just too crazy! Now if anyone finds a running CX for $500 let me know... :-)

Pujo! wrote:

And I thought we were crazy for running a Peugeot! That's just too crazy! Now if anyone finds a running CX for $500 let me know... :-)

There is a diesel CX running about 2 blocks from my house in Portland.. for 2k

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/1159348120.html

no affiliation

I WISH! That is my ultimate dream. Coming from a family of Cit owners my whole life, these were Lemons when NEW much less in the current state! I don't think it would be possible without putting a spring suspension in it and an engine/steering rack swap..

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Spinnetti wrote:

I WISH! That is my ultimate dream. Coming from a family of Cit owners my whole life, these were Lemons when NEW much less in the current state! I don't think it would be possible without putting a spring suspension in it and an engine/steering rack swap..

Insulting a DS?

You'd better believe that's a paddling

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:
Spinnetti wrote:

Insulting a DS?

You'd better believe that's a paddling

Well, kinda yah. We got our last new one in 1971, Paris delivery. Even then the Delivery guy said it was a lemon... it had a leak of one kind or another for the rest of its life until 81 when my mom sold it. I wasn't old enough to take it on, or I would have! Didn't handle rust too well either sad

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

My God that would be an epic Lemons ride!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

No body roll...Maybe body roll over

And no jack needed! Just flip the switch, she lifts up and you slip in the axle stand...think of the time saved changing tires...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....