Re: Long lost Tyrell-Corvette-Peterbuilt on ebay

Infiniti-you guys coming up north for any races next season?

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

We do not have the funds but  scheduled the Charlotte/Chump race anyway in hope to get on  track with some of those local NASCAR guys.

What about you?

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

5 races, maybe six.  We are planning Charlotte too but no clue which car.  See you there!

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Good gravy, you are one crazy sumbitch.  Looking forward to this!

Well please don't bring that sebring Taxi LOL

We will have our one trick shark with slightly bigger calipers.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

i'm not one for superstition or numerology, but did anyone else notice the number of bids it took to win?

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

WOW.    I'm glad speedy bought this as I would have been tempted...

I did notice a handful of minor and not so minor issues though which would make it either very interesting to try and race or require attention.

Most importantly, cooling.  The one radiator would be marginal for a single 13B and those computer fans couldn't possibly pull enough air through the oil cooler for even one engine.  Fans and radiators need to be upgraded.  Lincoln Mark VIII fans are the best production units for the radiators although I don't know where to put the second one.

I see that the 'builder' hadn't figured out how to get power to the rear diff yet

must fight the urge to fly there and help

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

porkchops22 wrote:

So I am assuming multiple waivers will be needed for this to compete or will this simple be a pace/judge mobile?

Jay loves this car. If it passes tech, it's racing.

134 (edited by Speedycop 2010-11-17 08:44 AM)

It will probably hit the track with a for sale sign, and orders to baby it and stay out of the way. It's not like I can order up replacement body parts...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Waite Speedycop bought this thing and is going to race it??? OMG

136 (edited by DaveH 2010-11-17 10:53 AM)

TheHeckler wrote:

I see that the 'builder' hadn't figured out how to get power to the rear diff yet

Nope, look.  The front diff has the pinion connected up under the firewall.  There is a second pinion coming out the rear of the front diff.  It just has to be connected to the pinion of the rear diff and all four wheels will be driven.

http://i.ebayimg.com/09/!B8Jk))QBGk~$(KGrHqR,!h4EzL(s1ibjBM2NZ6vDnw~~_12.JPG

Edit:  I just noticed the double spring/shock setup per wheel.  How much does this beast weigh?

Dave Heinig - Schumacher Taxi Service
coROLLa - 2 time loser, RWB MR2 - 5 time loser
The Craptation - IOE WINNER! Lemons South Spring 2010
Crown Vic - Please God Don't Ever Make Me Go Through That Again

Speedycop wrote:

It will probably hit the track with a for sale sign, and orders to baby it and stay out of the way. It's not like I can order up replacement body parts...

http://scoot.net/gallery/bbs/CASA-TONYS.jpg

I have created a beautiful machine that is going to encourage our fellow citizens to share my vision of the future!

Can you dig it? -- Casanova Frankenstein

http://www.fquick.com/images/articles/3471.jpg

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom

Speedycop wrote:

The center section appears to be a bradley GT, the rest of it....we can take molds just in case.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

DC Doug wrote:

Buzz, I'm with the group (TPB) that will be campaigning the Tyrellesque-thing. 

Regarding Whalemobile, OMG!  So, did someone Lemonized it or was it a Lemons white whale?  All puns intended.

ah...sorry; i thought you were acquainted with the seller.

although thinking about it, i am sorry for your lost sanity.  wink

i don't know what ever happened to the whalemobile.

Speedycop wrote:

I hate a screaming rotary.

i don't know if we can be friends any longer.  wink

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

rotaries scream? maybe when you run'em with NOS @ 700hp. my experience with an FD3S running a cherry bomb is that they have a very gut-induced snarl at idle, and wind upwards to a "pissed off chainsaw" sound up around 8-9k. This isn't so much a dual rotary setup as it's a cheap-way to make yourself a 26B 4-rotor. see clips on youtube of the Mazda 787B LeMans car for an idea how awesome thing thing may actually sound when running big_smile

Half-bridge it, put in hardened stationary gears, install a dual 2 1/2" exhaust, and rev it to 10k! My RX-7 DOES sound like a chainsaw. The police officer who pulled me over said so. Everybody at the autocross kept telling me my clutch was slipping on the straightaways - they couldn't hear the tires spinning over the engine revving (185/70R-13s don't make much smoke). F'n awesome. It's parked now because the rust in the wheelwells is threatening to let loose of the upper suspension links.

May I recommend that this be given its own topic under general topics as this looks to be more epic by a factor of eleventy than the wartburg challenge (no disrespect to those guys of course.)

Just my $.02

Winner Porsche Cup CMP Spring 09 (944), Winner class 2 CMP Spring 10 (Audi 100), Organizers Choice CMP Spring 10 (Merc S500), Grassroots Motorsports Most From the Least CMP spring 10 (audi 100), Overall Winner Capitol Offense 2010 (Merc S500), Winner on laps Capitol Offense 2011 (Merc S500), Organizers Choice Capitol Offense 12 (Mercillac).

I dunno, the Wartburg was a pretty intense build.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

Serj wrote:

rotaries scream? maybe when you run'em with NOS @ 700hp. my experience with an FD3S running a cherry bomb is that they have a very gut-induced snarl at idle, and wind upwards to a "pissed off chainsaw" sound up around 8-9k. This isn't so much a dual rotary setup as it's a cheap-way to make yourself a 26B 4-rotor. see clips on youtube of the Mazda 787B LeMans car for an idea how awesome thing thing may actually sound when running big_smile

Umm- you are aware that Rotaries were the main reason behind SCCA inducing a muffler rule of any sort?
The frequency and volume of a race tuned RX with no box - witnessed at a corner-workers station, was painful -and forbid you got lucky enough to be working near pit exit... The thought of bleeding at the ears comes to mind.

...on the other hand, muffled, yeah, your post is correct.

Turbochargers were invented solely for the purpose of muffling rotaries.

The rest of us are just thankful.

Amateur Welder, Professional Grinder

No seriously, what could go wrong?

If I blip the throttle on my RX-7 while you're standing behind it, it really is painful. I had people complain at autocrosses, but they were always grinning from ear to ear when they told me.

How about creating a new "WTF!" class - no money limits, but must sport more than 4 wheels...  This is my entry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick-Le … 7339#v4-37

can you say understeer????

WTF.

seems like a lot of work just to end up with that thing.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Hoping to have Project G.L.C.O.A.T. hope by Sunday. I'll keep you posted...