Re: Bat-sChIT(ROËN)-Crazy?

Anyone know the story of John the Beloved from the Bible....? He was told that he would not taste of death, the implication being that he is still walking around the Earth somewhere today...  I hope that the sChITROEN will, like John the Beloved (or Stephen King's Christine), not taste of death or suffer at the hands of scrap merchants, but instead re-appear mysteriously at motor sports events for decades to come....  but just in case, tell Jalopnik the car is missing.  And I call dibs on a "John the Beloved" theme.

Don't forget about Elvis. He pops up now and then. Maybe he'll show up at the Concours d'Lemons with the car. I'd love to see the at the Concours.

It has dawned on me that somebody on here may know where it is and who may be planning on its re-emergence at a later race. If this is the case, please be sure to get word to them that I need to talk to them about some known issues that need to be addressed. I will promise to keep "mum" and otherwise clueless as to its whereabouts if that's what they want.

I've also got some parts they may want for it (ie weber manifold and power steering rack among others).

And I wouldn't mind the mini radiators back if they have no plans on using them.

329 (edited by Timing Guy 2011-01-05 01:37 PM)

HI all, We have the car!!!  We just had to get a uhaul trailer as it wouldn't fit in the transporter with all the othe stuff. Spank , Thank you for the gift it will return to the track!  Email me and I will get all your info and send you the release and other stuff you wanted from the  car. It is here in Cleveland in a nice warmish garage...it will be back!!!!!!

Roland

hahn.8@osu.edu

YAY!!!!!!!!

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Timing Guy wrote:

HI all, We have the car!!!  We just had to get a uhaul trailer as it wouldn't fit in the transporter with all the othe stuff. Spank , Thank you for the gift it will return to the track!  Email me and I will get all your info and send you the release and other stuff you wanted from the  car. It is here in Cleveland in a nice warmish garage...it will be back!!!!!!

Roland

hahn.8@osu.edu

oh thank God!

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

OSU..? Hey, if you end up with it closer to Columbus, let me know.  I'm willing to help work on it and would at least love to see it in person.  Hopefully it'll make it on track at an event I'm participating in some time in 2011!  What are your event plans??

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

OSU...I work at OSU....over on Kenny rd!  I'll be back to work on Monday...we can talk.  Just to let everyone know, I did not leave the title on the windshield, the track was informed and we checked on her twice a day.  I would have gotten it sooner but uhaul didn't have a trailer until Monday morning. She was happy to see us, fired right up and drove right up on the trailer.  I cant wait to start working on her ( once my cold goes away) and hope to have her out to some of tthe midwest events in 2011. Sorry to all for the excitement including Spank, rest assured she is in good hands.

I actually yelled "YEAYYY!!!! out loud!!!

(wipes away tear, sniffs, then farts)

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Jeff G 78 wrote:

YAY!!!!!!!!

And there was much rejoicing.  smile

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

wow, glad its home safe and sound, that car has been through so much for it to disappear now!  congrats again to you and Stephanie!

Now happily part of Speedycop.

formerly:
Ziegel Scheißhaus Racing & ReVolvolution Racing

Damn. I was sick to my stomach over this, and lo and behold! Our prayers are answered!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

338 (edited by Mr. Unruly 2011-01-05 03:56 PM)

A miracle has happened! We can all sleep peacefully tonight. Fantastic ending/beginning to the sChIT(ROËN) saga.

Dirty Duck Racing, #83 VW Rabbit GTI
'10,'11,12,'13 -Thunderhill, '10,'11,'12,'13,'14 - Buttonwillow, '11,'12,'13,'14 Sears Pointless, '11-Fernley, '13 Sears Even More Pointless-Class B Winner,  '11,'13 Arse-Freeze Sears Point, Return of the LeMonites Miller Motorsports-Class B Winner, '13 A&D Northworst GT-Overall Winner in MT-GT

All the way from Ohio?

This car is all over the USA this past week.

WooHoo!

So all IS as it was supposed to be. Whew. Certainly glad to read that.

Phil and Johnny both said you were the right guy (er-couple-- Stephanie too) to get the car. Sorry I had my doubts after reading of its delayed departure but very very happy for them to be proven right.

[HUGE sigh of relief]

YAY from me too. Now I don't have to hide my eyes every time I drive by Spank's house and answer the question "What the ???? is that thing" from each of my passengers.

Oh well, I am sure it will happen again with something slightly weirder, it just keeps getting better every day.  I can't get Spank to even think about Vintage racing his Mini Pinkle.  He is so LeMonIZED.

RIGHT ON ROLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Best news ever....

Pen

Great news I was starting to ask the local car scrappers if they had seen it.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Timing Guy wrote:

OSU...I work at OSU....over on Kenny rd!

Jesus!!  I live near Kenny and North Broadway, so you're just a few blocks from me.  My wife works at OSU, but I work downtown.  Small world.  Drop me an email if you want, my user name at gmail.com.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

All is right with the world!  YAAAAAY!  Great to hear, now get it on track!

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Awesome. pretty monumental it wound up in Ohio of all places! us Track Pillagerz! are based in Toledo/Cincinnati, and I know a ton of other teams are in the state. we need to slap together a little meet n' drink sometime.

Awesome...it's in my neighborhood!

Emailing now for a meet and greet.  Actually I believe we met at Chicago.  You were hanging out in our pits with us enjoying some beverages.

Pendejo - There is no such thing as a racing budget and if you can't afford to set it on fire and watch it burn while drinking a beer then don't race it.

Someone has to write a screenplay ... this MUST be made into the next great car movie.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

Lemons the musical !

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

350 (edited by YesIFit 2011-01-06 07:22 AM)

Team Infinniti wrote:

Lemons the musical !

Haha ... Lemons for Hitler?

Seriously though, this is a great story with an even better ending. I hope the sChitroen makes it down to TX someday.

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama