Re: Bat-sChIT(ROËN)-Crazy?

Spank is back on the road with a backup pump some bananas a 24 oz coffee,bag of Doritos,water,bars leak,a coke and hoping to get to Houston by tonight.  I told him the only thing he was missing was a 8 ball and a hooker and he could probably make Florida in one run but he said it was not his style

77 (edited by Doug I 2010-12-27 02:08 PM)

Good luck Spank !!

Google puts it at 12 hours El Paso to Houston, so he could be rolling in at 4am

Just got off the phone with Spank. I offered to overnight my Mezeire electric pump to him tomorrow (he'd get it Wednesday). That would be the very same pump that Ronman drove 8 hours each way to get from Summit Racing in Ohio during the Capitol Offense race last summer, after the unobtanium BMW V12 pump crapped out during Friday night tuning. He says he should be okay, with the holes blocked off, and about 3 psi of pressure, it's not leaking. At 60-62 mph, he told me it will take him about 14 hours, so he probably won't get to Houston tonight. He's (wisely) gonna stop when he's tired.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

79 (edited by Doug I 2010-12-27 03:50 PM)

I'm gonna guess he's about at Van Horn right ........ now

80 (edited by ronman 2010-12-27 03:53 PM)

You must have called him just after I got off the phone with him, Jeff. I told him if he needs recovery pretty much anywhere east of New Orleans I'd be happy to bring him back down and see that the car makes it to the track.
He was stopped at a border patrol check when I first called... I would have liked to have seen the agents' faces. big_smile

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Another source for a Bosch pump just in case his current fix doesn't last is the intercooler pump from a '03-'04 SVT Mustang Cobra or '99 - '04 SVT Lightning F150.  A Ford dealer might have one in stock and the dealers are plentiful.

Am I the only one picturing the scene from Smokey and the Bandit just before they reach the finish where the roads are lined with cheerleaders and banners?  Lemons racers need to pepper his route with signs and banners.  Also, the final mile before his destination in Florida should look like the Boston College - Stanford game with Spank driving through a marching band!  big_smile

Good luck Spank!

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Spank is 87 miles out from Fort Stockton right now and still going.

Seems like San Antonio might be the more realistic stop.

Good luck Spank! The entire Lemons world is pulling for you!

"Hello. Can I have you step out of the car please?"

TexanIdiot25 wrote:

Seems like San Antonio might be the more realistic stop.

That's about right at 60mph. He'll be there about midnight.

hopefully when he stops we get some pics of his adventures today. I won't expect them but It'd be awesome all the same. We're rootin' for ya you crazy MadMan!

So if he zonks out for about 6 hours of sleep somewhere between Junction and San Antonio, that gives us Houstonians roughly until lunch to try to locate a water pump. As I mentioned I've left a message for Newhouse to see if he has one but I doubt I'll get a reply before 10am.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Spank turned his phone off to conserve battery but last he sent me was San Antonio was the half way mark to Kissimmee so i think he is shooting for San Antonio.

The good news is at the last stop he had only used half a gallon of gas between tank full' which is a vast improvement over 60 miles per water fill up. Still need a pump though.

I'm in Austin 70 miles off his route, but willing to help, called FrenchREV to see if he could get a pump and have not heard back

1985 BMW 535i... one of the slowest builds ever!!!

91 (edited by TexanIdiot25 2010-12-27 08:57 PM)

jagerbombracing wrote:

I'm in Austin 70 miles off his route, but willing to help, called FrenchREV to see if he could get a pump and have not heard back

I left one too... Wonder how many messages he has by now!

Champion, Serjio, should we at least sit on I10 and cheer him past?

I've called all the part houses and junkyards that I know (admittedly not that far reaching, I drive a Chevy, parts can be found in a storm drain), but none have any french connections. There's a part number for the pump with advanced auto (the only major supplier with even a number), but it would have to be sent to the from a warehouse if anything, it would take a day or two.

TexanIdiot25 wrote:
jagerbombracing wrote:

I left one too... Wonder how many messages he has by now!

I've called all the part houses and junkyards that I know (admittedly not that far reaching, I drive a Chevy, parts can be found in the storm drain), but none have any french connections. There's a part number for the pump with advanced auto, but it would have to be sent to the from a warehouse, it would take a day or two.

That would be cool. I wonder what time he would be coming thru? San Antonio is about 3 hours at 60. I'm close to I-10 and Beltway 8 on the west side. My work is at the Beltway and 290 so it's 10 minutes to I-10. Traffic was really light this morning. Spank should be able to breeze thru if he gets here after 9am.

I live just south of 45 and 1960, it would take me maaaaaaaybe 45 minutes to hit I10 and the belt way.

Hell, if we could get a heads up when he's about an hour or so out, just about anyone in Houston would have time to get to I10.

sergio wrote:
TexanIdiot25 wrote:

That would be cool. I wonder what time he would be coming thru? San Antonio is about 3 hours at 60. I'm close to I-10 and Beltway 8 on the west side. My work is at the Beltway and 290 so it's 10 minutes to I-10. Traffic was really light this morning. Spank should be able to breeze thru if he gets here after 9am.

Sacrifice an old bedsheet and a can of spray paint and hang a banner from the overpass!

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

http://murileemartin.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/citroenhelldriveday2-11.jpg

Here's the daily Citroën Hell Road Trip Update, complete with many photos from Spank's phone.

Also, if anyone hangs banners from overpasses on I-10, I want photos!

97 (edited by TexanIdiot25 2010-12-27 09:51 PM)

CowDriver wrote:
sergio wrote:
TexanIdiot25 wrote:

Sacrifice an old bedsheet and a can of spray paint and hang a banner from the overpass!

I have a sheet I use for overspray when painting, and some cans. If anyone is serious, give me a call or text at 8323350239, and lets figure something out. I'll be up late, but call/text anytime really.

This thread is beautiful, I'm so proud of you guys! *tear*

Do we have a part # for the water pump?  Maybe it's shared with another car that's somewhat less uncommon?

priapism wrote:

This thread is beautiful, I'm so proud of you guys! *tear*

Do we have a part # for the water pump?  Maybe it's shared with another car that's somewhat less uncommon?

TexanIdiot25 wrote:

Advanced Auto has a part # for it

Gardner-Westcott WATER PUMP
Part No. 56468-H
Part No. 56467-H
Part No. 10-56467-H
Part No. 10-56468-H

I have no idea which one of those is the right one.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

100 (edited by TexanIdiot25 2010-12-27 10:30 PM)

It's basically only two part numbers, the 56467-H or 56468-H. The 10- part is the same part, just slightly different number based on how they catalog it at the store.

So, the 10-56467-H and 56467-H are the same part for example. I think the 10- is thrown in if something just happens to share a part number with something else.

Ran into this discretion once before, the part didn't show up in the computer until the 10- was added onto the online part number.