Re: Spank leaves on epic CA-to-FL Citroën road trip, doing fine so far

He is at some podunk gas station right now and all the water vanished out of the engine.

Pen

27 (edited by crazymike 2010-12-26 09:48 PM)

D'oh.
I've been stuck at that Podunk station before - closed after midnight, the only one in town and the next one well over what my remaining range was...

I assume he's waiting for the thermo-nuclear to unmelt so he can add water - to see where it went?

... I'm betting on a leak from the Joe-the-plumber radiator update and will it be easily solved at first light.

Last report is that the water pump is venting water and steam from "3 cast in pin holes" when he adds water; Spank wonders if this indicates a bad pump seal.

We just texted him to remember to run the cap at no-pressure.
There are a plethora of Automotive machine shops on Texas Ave in El Paso. If it's a seal he might be able to chat one up to do a press-out/in patch-up on the fly... anyone in El Paso with machine shop connections?

Update on MurileeMartin.com, with photos from Spank.

I just texted him this info (street, # etc) - their storyline in their ad sounds like they might be amused enough to give a hand.. who knows??
http://carpartsmachineshop.com/Performa … fault.aspx

COME ON Bars leak! Work baby work!

Pen

This from Citroen Quarterly - under Service!

Texas (French Connection, of course, but they're in Austin)

so - does anyone know this one? in El Paso!!!
N.E.I.
Laurence Gibson
3120 Red Sails
El Paso, TX 79936
915-594-7342

10:38 PST - he's underway again

I've heard that biscuit mix will sometimes seal leaks that Bar's won't. However, I've also heard that there's money waiting for me in a Nigerian bank.

Commercial Water Pump Rebuilders
1151 West 22nd Street
Houston, TX 77008-1805
E-Mail: waterpump01@yahoo.com
(713) 864-5199

We  have specialized in water pump repair and new water pump sales for the past 35 years.  We rebuild water pumps for cars, trucks, tractors, boats, heavy equipment, and industrial stationary engines.  Located in Houston,Texas, we offer fast turn-around and fair prices. We can ship any where in the United States or in the world.  We sell to businesses, farmers, truckers, or to just the average consumer. So, if its a '57 Cadillac water pump,  Caterpillar water pumps,  John Deere water pumps,  Continental water pumps,  Komatsu water pumps, an Onan, a Cummins,  or a Waukesha engine, give us a try.

We also offer water pump rebuild kits and new water pumps. If you do not see what you want, let us know so that we may assist you. You may contact us for information or for a quote by phone, fax, or email.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

This is the best thread I have ever read on the internet.  I am amazed to see how such a community effort has been formed to help him make it.  Wow.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

Judge Phil wrote:

I've heard that biscuit mix will sometimes seal leaks that Bar's won't. However, I've also heard that there's money waiting for me in a Nigerian bank.

Hey, that's my money in that Nigerian bank!   I've already hired a representative in Nigeria to help me recover it.

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

glad to see John got a good title under his name. maybe more people will pay attention now when he says "dont do that"

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Evil Genius wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Hey, that's my money in that Nigerian bank!   I've already hired a representative in Nigeria to help me recover it.

Sir or Madam:  For modest consideration I am prepare to assist with the resolvsion of this dispute and the rightful reunion of your current moneys so wrongfully claimed.  Contact by private posting.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally