Topic: Green as Grass With a Car Question

Hi guys. My name is Dan, and I am a newbie to these forums.  I have been pondering fielding a car for a year or two, and I think I might have found a car. It is a 1976 AMC Pacer that I bought for $400.  I originally bought it to fix up for my youngest daughter, but the body and interior are really rough. So, I have been using it for parts for my other two pacers. Engine and tranny were "supposedly" rebuilt about 20K ago. The car is almost all there (except for the exhaust manifold and a few trim parts I have glommed off of it) and actually has disk brakes!

I searched the forum to see if anyone had raced a Pacer yet, and I did not find one. So, hopefully I would bring something new to the table. Which leads me to my first (of many questions): Seeing how slow this car would be on the track, would I be more of a hazard to the other drivers? I think it would be fun, but I do not want to be cursed!

Thanks!
Dan

Oh, here is a picture of it taken during our snow day today! I do have the bumper for it.

http://www.aquateenshungerforce.com/Lemons/pacer.jpg

Re: Green as Grass With a Car Question

That car can not get cursed, bring it on and dont worry about being in the way, wave the others by.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

I'd recommend reading the following:
http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=7652

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

That's freaking awesome!

Regarding being slow.......we're running an '85 Chevette, and we're not concerned.   Yeah, we'll probably spend more time watching the rearview mirror that we will watching out the windshield, but we're going to have a blast doing it.

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
New England Long Winter Build Award - 2015
IOE Winner, Loudon Annoying 2011, Judges Choice - Loudon Annoying 2012
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

Pretty sure you will get a free pass at tech no matter what you do in that car.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Absolutely bring it!  You will be accepted, and only really bad/nasty drivers get the curse now.

That car would be reasonably peppy with a healthy 258 and a stickshift.
Don't forget youre gonna take out several hundred pounds of glass and carpet and sound deadening and door guts and dashboard and seats and...   

Where are you located?

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Thanks for the feedback gang. I am located in Arlington Texas...home of the Dallas Cowboys! So much for naming rights! :^)

You all have encouraged me!

Dan

They make a t-shirt based on that car

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

The theme writes itself...

http://onscreencars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/waynes_world_pacer.jpg

Dan- bring the Pacer. What could possibly go wrong?

"Hello. Can I have you step out of the car please?"

trekkor wrote:

Pretty sure you will get a free pass at tech no matter what you do in that car.

KT

He will get a pass at BS, not Tech. they are 2 different things. Make sure it has all the safety requirments met to pass tech. As for BS, just bring something that says you payed $400 for it even if it is a bill of sale scribbled in crayon on a coctail napkin... with the wrong name on it.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

I am sure you will have no problem at bs at all.  john is right, a crayon bill of sale in the wrong name will work for the judges, even if it had a p&m built motor in it.  Love it!

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

DrNoose wrote:

Thanks for the feedback gang. I am located in Arlington Texas...home of the Dallas Cowboys! So much for naming rights! :^)

You all have encouraged me!

Dan

Hell, you're close to seveal of us. There are a couple of teams out of Mansfield including myself. If you need a hand, give us a shout. Ive got a shop in Venus with a lift if you need some help.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

This is a more than worthy car for Lemons.  The time has come!  Pacers, unite!

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Come on out to the race at MSR at the end of this month and see what goes on. smile

Nice!!!  More AMC's!!  Now I have someone to swap 258 stories with at Texas races.  A pacer was in our plans to bring one day, but that was a year off or so.  Glad someone's doing it.  Welcome!

El Capitan de Substandard Racing -  Houston, Tx
2009 Yee Haw! It's Lemons Texas: 1973 Gremlin - Gremwow!
2010 Gator-O-Rama: 1973 Gremlin - Gremlin Express, Lassiez le Crapheaps Roulette - Gremlin - Most Heroic Fix
http://substandardracing.blogspot.com/

Doug I wrote:

Come on out to the race at MSR at the end of this month and see what goes on. smile

+1

You can see how tech is and the BS inpection. Plus the racing and penalties are a bonus.

I was a fan till he piped up about the Cowboys...

2011 Organizers choice at Garrapatas Peligrosas GP as a Rookie team! 2011 Yee-Haw its Lemons Scruffy Nerf Herder 1991 Dodge Daytona IROC Shelby R/T Charger, 2012 Yee-Haw its Lemons 1972 RX2 IOE WINNERS!!!!, 2012 North Dallas Hooptie the arrival of JUDGE FRANK! 2012 Gator-rama in the 1977 Mustang II, 2012 Season Ender the HONORABLE JUDGE FRANK! 2013 BFE GP in the K-Car and an I Got Screwed Award