Topic: Got the Go-ahead from HQ for my IoE idea

Now I need teammates

Yes I have a terrible idea.
Yes it will win. Most likely I Got Screwed (by my team captain), but if it manages over half the time on track it would be hard pressed to beat for IoE.
No I do not have the money to pull this off until someone buys my Integra parts.
No I will not tell you what it is but I will tell you the motor will not come from a car, and it will have to pass safety with a different sanctioning race association before Lemons will even look at it.

Curiosity killing you yet? I'll let you know if you join the team.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Re: Got the Go-ahead from HQ for my IoE idea

This is perplexing.  What would be the most likely way the car would kill you.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

definitely refueling: that fuel cell will kill me. Maybe the brakes will fail from trying to stop x3 its origional weight.

Scratch all that. My HOA will skin me alive when the donor motor shows up.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

4 (edited by mike944 2011-03-14 12:34 PM)

Turbine engine?

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
New England Long Winter Build Award - 2015
IOE Winner, Loudon Annoying 2011, Judges Choice - Loudon Annoying 2012
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

6-row M503 diesel radial from Osa-class missile boat, or an aircooled tank motor?

I wish I was closer, this sounds like fun.

K Car Stalker

excellant guesses, but no where near correct.

I was hoping for nuclear, but radiation wasn't on the death list.  Steam would have been interesting but scalding water wasn't a likely death either.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

What races?

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

9 (edited by EyeMWing 2011-03-14 01:40 PM)

"and it will have to pass safety with a different sanctioning race association before Lemons will even look at it"

NTPA? ASA? MTRA? APBA? IHBA? Are any of those even the right sport?
Or is it just some exotic NHRA classification?

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

You have piqued my interest...  I am a fan of terrible ideas.

I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life there. When I stop coming here, I will be well...

The SPCCCC will have to Ok it...  Society for the Prevention Cruelty to Crap Can Cars.

Without their stamp of approval he cannot go forward...

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

probably the TMS race in December

EyeMWing wrote:

"and it will have to pass safety with a different sanctioning race association before Lemons will even look at it"

NBHA
I'll be putting the "horse" back in horsepower ;-)

Slant six in an Amish buggy?

2011 Organizers choice at Garrapatas Peligrosas GP as a Rookie team! 2011 Yee-Haw its Lemons Scruffy Nerf Herder 1991 Dodge Daytona IROC Shelby R/T Charger, 2012 Yee-Haw its Lemons 1972 RX2 IOE WINNERS!!!!, 2012 North Dallas Hooptie the arrival of JUDGE FRANK! 2012 Gator-rama in the 1977 Mustang II, 2012 Season Ender the HONORABLE JUDGE FRANK! 2013 BFE GP in the K-Car and an I Got Screwed Award

This build will certainly require Valtrex and the tears of red-headed step-children.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Yes to the Amish (think rumspringe Amish)
No to the /6 and hell no to the herps. Got that on the last build

No more hints unless you join the team

Hoonatic Racing wrote:
EyeMWing wrote:

NBHA
I'll be putting the "horse" back in horsepower ;-)

And I was going to say the PBR (Professional Bull Riders, not Pabst Blue Ribbon)!

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

racinrob wrote:

And I was going to say the PBR (Professional Bull Riders, not Pabst Blue Ribbon)!

Yes much bullshit

ADRA?  Amish Drag Racing Association?

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

ADRA?  Amish Drag Racing Association?

Screw Lemons. I found my new hobby!

Have you ever seen a horse on NOS?

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

Have you ever seen a horse on NOS?

This needs to be made into a T-shirt and sold at horse tracks.

A horse on NOS.  Amish /6.   

I miss the 60's.

This space for rent.

Spank, you get a free seat if you are ever at the same track as the car
same goes for Jeff

I'm definitely curious now. Not much that has popped up on here has made me this curious before. =P Or want to actually post until I could get a team going. Well done on the suspension building here.

What part of Texas is your team located? Are you just looking for help with funding, or actual full fledged team mates to help with wrenching and what-not?

25 (edited by Speedycop 2011-03-15 02:43 AM)

Hoonatic Racing wrote:

Spank, you get a free seat if you are ever at the same track as the car
same goes for Jeff

Deal.

Possibly an electric, given the added weight. I considered it, and realized I don't know enough about electric vehicles to bother.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT