Topic: Ok I feel ridiculous asking this

But one group im trying to get a sponsorship from is asking for demographic information. Does such info exist?

Holton St Eurotrash
84ish porsche 924s
- ct 10 ate bolt, heroic fix.
- nh 11 1st to cover track in oil.

Re: Ok I feel ridiculous asking this

If it exists, you probably don't want to know what it is smile

LOL I'm not sure they really want to know the answer.

You can at least tell them that the race has been featured in many magazines (Car and Driver, Road and Track, Popular Science, Grassroots Motorsports, etc) and several newspapers (NY Times).

This worked to get my team some sponsors.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

yhea, im definitely going to drop some names in my letter. gotta mention the blogs too man, their the newspaper of the new millennium.

Holton St Eurotrash
84ish porsche 924s
- ct 10 ate bolt, heroic fix.
- nh 11 1st to cover track in oil.

The closest thing we've got are the insights for the Facebook group. Suffice it to say there are dudes. A lot of dudes.

I had to laugh at this question. I contacted Barcadi  and Captain Rum about being a sponsor for our team (We are Team Rumrunner), I thought they would be a perfect fit. So I jump through all their corporate Hoops and finally get the Round File form letter telling us Lemons Racing doesnt fit their Core target group. I was like what? Have they seen The Lemons racers? I bet over half of them have drank a Rum & Coke before....oh well

1980 Chevy Malibu Classic

The Lemons Demographic: a bunch of even more intellectually challenged would be NASCAR fans if NASCAR was entertaining enough to keep our hyperactive ADD syndrome at bay. 

Lemons does primarily attract men but it does entertain women.  It has to be the most entertaining form of Motorsports.

To Rumrunner, Bacardi or any alcohol related company should realize how much their products fuel the engineering spirit and productivity of most teams.  They should be lined up to sponsor us.

Unfortunately, we aren't televised or we might get some interesting sponsorships.  I'd sure like some.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

8 (edited by Ottobon 2009-05-08 08:41 PM)

Troy wrote:

The Lemons Demographic: a bunch of even more intellectually challenged would be NASCAR fans if NASCAR was entertaining enough to keep our hyperactive ADD syndrome at bay. 

Lemons does primarily attract men but it does entertain women.  It has to be the most entertaining form of Motorsports.

To Rumrunner, Bacardi or any alcohol related company should realize how much their products fuel the engineering spirit and productivity of most teams.  They should be lined up to sponsor us.

Unfortunately, we aren't televised or we might get some interesting sponsorships.  I'd sure like some.

Of course it does, Beer makes me all soggy on the inside, but rum makes me want to build stuff.  The Captain's own loss i suppose.

OMG sounds like fodder for Jay's next book.  I'd be willing to fill out a survey just to find out what our demographic looks like!

Try Redbull.  When I was an engineering student at UCSB in 2003-2004 we raced in the Arcata Kinetic Sculpture race (http://kineticgrandchampionship.com/events.php?id=1) with a four person vehicle with a dragon figurehead and a viking ships sail.  We were the UCSB Santa Barbarians.  Anyways, a convincing letter and conversation later we ended up with all the redbull we could drink during or design, build and race phases.  I am a redbull whore for life.  And this all came to the proper local person after I had just emailed it to the big corporate USA email address.  They have their ish together to funnel it to the right folks and to make it happen for us impressionable young consumers.  As the Rumrunners you may not want to highlight the booze thing too much as Redbull likes to keep their drink away from others.  They frown upon referencing them in mixed drink fashion (or so I was told from the Redbull rep after she realized she was giving a thousand cases to rabid college engineers).

PS.  If you want to become, as I have termed it "Redbull Drunk", try one redbull an hour for 15 hours the day before you have to drive to Arcata while finishing a project.  It's all the fun of being drunk from beer without the BAC to haul you off to jail!  My confidence is boosted, I am more entertaining, people like me better and my blood sugar has the consistency of 5W20! WIN WIN