Topic: Lemons Home Page - "Japanese Language" link

I you aren't curious like I am and haven't clicked on the Japanese flag on the front page yet, you are missing out on some good humor....

William
Team SOB

Re: Lemons Home Page - "Japanese Language" link

???  It isn't a clickable link.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

zigm wrote:

I you aren't curious like I am and haven't clicked on the Japanese flag on the front page yet, you are missing out on some good humor....

the French translation is no less hilarious

Jeff G 78 wrote:

???  It isn't a clickable link.

Our high-end programming makes the links only clickable from the home page--you can't get to Japanese from French and vice versa.

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/fr/
http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/ja/

One of me and Jay's early projects was a coffee table book on the Toyota 2000GT, written by renowned illustrator Shin Yoshikawa. This project gave us firsthand experience with the Japanese's occasionally unique use of the English language. Highlights from the book project included a second-place Nissan race team that was "chagrined at losing the winning," and wet-weather testing of the 2000GT resulting in "happening of spring-a-leak." This provided the inspiration for the Lemons translation page....

http://www.kaiartintl.com/toyota_2000gt_book

Just for the Hell of it, I ran the Japanese page through Babel Fish from English to Japanese, and then back again.  You are enjoying this please, happiness rainbow!

IDEA NOT BRILLIANCE. AND LASTING MUCH!
With violet of gasburning and hot clutchdisk, no racing Earth place is more for breaking to Honda parts and consuming of cow's oils such as 24-Hours of Sour-Fruits Race!

Be noticed: This longing race not for cars with conspicuous expense! But instead is happening of cheap-purchase cars, with all fixed up and all readiness in total to 500 dollar not more (and okay for less)! And not before, also, we are holding of Suing Mans Runovered and Uncle Jo Stalin Car-Taker Trial. And also of Push Pedal Down Boom! Challenge. Prepare you for happenings of spring-a-leak, certainly! In 12 hours, car entry voting to happiest of all track people is award taking to good feelings; also, in that time car entry voting to least happiest of track people is chagrined at the losing of winning. At the 24 hours clock, much party of happiness says to still going teams Here, and having awarded of topiarys, and tooth coats, and holders to 5-cents! Where can you not the loving?

The shining which does not have thought.

And it makes many continue! gasburning and with the violet of hot clutchdisk, as for place of earth of competition being broken and cow' to HONDA part; For consuming is not mainly; s sourly points to the oil like 24 hours of competition of the fruit! Become aware: There is no competition of this yearning for the car of remarkable cost! But occurrence reaches completely purchases cheaply and is the car and the substituting which all preparations of total is more locked to 500 dollars are used, (and being better because a little,)! And it is not before, in addition, we are Runovered and the uncle Jo Stalin car destination Trial which arrange the possession thing person of accusation. And the pedal of pushing become enlivened! Challenge. Because of occurrence of spring leaking out, prepare certainly! In 12 hours, as for entry item of the car where all track/truck people vote most happily it is the prize which is taken in good impression; In addition, the entry item which minimum of the track/truck people most votes most happily by that time car is vexatious in the loss of victory and others the [se] and others [re] [ru]. It records time in 24 hours, it calls many parties of happiness to the quiet team which goes, here and topiarys gives, as for the tooth in 5 cents, holder coating! It is not where and loving it is not possible?

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching