Topic: WTF is this?

We finally get an off-topic forum? God help us...

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Re: WTF is this?

Ah hell... NOW what are we supposed to do?

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

I like it, but would still like to see a section with the different regions having their own little forum.

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

Bonedriver wrote:

I like it, but would still like to see a section with the different regions having their own little forum.

What benefit does that provide for the community here in general?

TrackGeeks_Chris wrote:
Bonedriver wrote:

What benefit does that provide for the community here in general?

Parochialism never hurt anybody!

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

I don't support regional forums.  I like being forced to sift through posts from the coastal and southern idiots while looking for things that I really care about.  If there were regional forums, I'm afraid I'd only look at the Midwest idiots posts and lose touch.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD516OENN7s

K Car Stalker

http://ironwolf.dangerousgames.com/blog/wp-content/lolz/images/hurrithreadgy6.jpg

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

Bonedriver wrote:

Like one for Lemons, then the other lesser religions like Chump, SCCA, NASA , NASCAR, FIA ect...

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

10 (edited by EyeMWing 2012-12-13 10:01 PM)

MikeZilla wrote:
Bonedriver wrote:

Like one for Lemons, then the other lesser religions like Chump, SCCA, NASA , NASCAR, FIA ect...

I see what you've done there. It amuses me.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

11 (edited by Bonedriver 2012-12-14 02:48 AM)

I'm sure the west coast teams here on the board could care less about east coast carshows we ocaisionally drag out cars to or mom and pop shops/junkyards offering local Lemons teams help/deals, or even local teams wanting to help each other out with organized tech days... There are at least 5 Lemons teams (off the top of my head) in the Greater Charleston SC area and it's sometimes difficult to get ahold of each other here on the board. I have deliberately not posted on the forums due to the fact I felt like I would be upsetting people out of area with notices only benefiting local teams around here.

Please take the suggestion with the helpful tone it was offered with. It was not my intention to ruffle any feathers... geesh...

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

I disagree on the regional forums thing. I like the cross-pollination that happens when we wade through stuff from other areas. I find it entertaining.

As far as not clogging up the board with your regional/area stuff, I'd go ahead and post it. People can ignore it if they don't like it. But like I said, I'd find it interesting that Charleston is having a crapcan car show or that the pick n pull in West Weedsboro is having a half-off used brake rotor sale or whatever. I'm easily amused. smile

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

If you want to make your post regional why not use a prefix on the subject such as...

WEST:
SOUTHEAST:
NORTHEAST:
CENTRAL:
MARS:
URANUS:

Poor PLUTO.  No longer a planet. sad

2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

LowFlyin wrote:

The sonofabitch deserved it. Funky orbit and so small. Little punk barely qualifies as a moon!

Lorin Mueller
Scuderia Asino formerly Team Haulin' Ass - 83 Plymouth Scamp
Team Soccer Moms - 93 Dodge Caravan

16 (edited by Mulry 2012-12-14 09:50 AM)

Oh boy, is our first off-topic forum flame war going to break out over the esoteric topic of de-conferring planetary status on Pluto? I can't wait for this one!

http://dynastysportsempire.com/wp-content/uploads/terrell-owens-popcorn.jpg

Omnilith wrote:
LowFlyin wrote:

The sonofabitch deserved it. Funky orbit and so small. Little punk barely qualifies as a moon!

you remember back when pluto was a planet and we had twinkies? Those were the days!

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

18 (edited by LowFlyin 2012-12-14 10:04 AM)

9 Planets > 8 Planets

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8bi1ibjym1rrhg9uo1_500.jpg

everyone knows there are at least 13 planets.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Speaking of moons... this one looks just like a pig.

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/79/227602083_c503cb543b_o.jpg

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

21 (edited by Omnilith 2012-12-14 11:43 AM)

Oooh.. the business end.

The party end isn't much better, but at least there is bacon in the middle.

Lorin Mueller
Scuderia Asino formerly Team Haulin' Ass - 83 Plymouth Scamp
Team Soccer Moms - 93 Dodge Caravan