Re: What is your favorite coffee to drink while prepping your crapcan?

LowFlyin wrote:

With the beer instead of coffee posts...I think I'm beginning to figure out why some of our cars give us opportunities to work on them further during the race (fail!)

Drinking beer and wrenching on cars is one of life's simplest pleasures!

Lorin Mueller
Scuderia Asino formerly Team Haulin' Ass - 83 Plymouth Scamp
Team Soccer Moms - 93 Dodge Caravan

I don't need a heightened sense of pain than I already get working on my crapcan (s).

I need to mellow out, take it easy, be at peace.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Omnilith wrote:
LowFlyin wrote:

With the beer instead of coffee posts...I think I'm beginning to figure out why some of our cars give us opportunities to work on them further during the race (fail!)

Drinking beer and wrenching on cars is one of life's simplest pleasures!

Not to mention that if it weren't for the beer, I would never get anyone to show up and work on the car.

Earlier this year I went on an Air Force exercise with my unit, and some @$$hole forgot to pack the coffee pot. Luckily one of my coworkers had some Starbuck's instant coffee packets. I was surprised how good it was. I'm going to keep some in my pro-bag along side the safety gear and Ibuprofen.

They sell this brand in the commissary. I kept some on the coffee pot at MSR, and I'll probably have it hot-and-ready at ECR as well.

I've been drinking Wicked Joe, Big House Blend (local Brunswick, Maine roaster) at 0630 on every race day. Has to be brewed on the fender of the hauler, steeped in a french press and enjoyed from a ceramic mug. It was dang dark at NHMS in October.

For prepping, we're all about cheap, hot rodder beer from our younger days: Schlitz, PBR, Old Style. I'd drink Hamm's if I could find it. One sip and I'm 17, invincible, and dumb as a post, again.

Hammerheads Racing
Race, wrench and repeat.
Thompson, CT 2016 - "I got screwed" award; Loudon Annoying 2013 - 36th first finish for the Probelem; Monticello 2013 - Dead Last but we saved on fuel, so.... ; Halloween Hooptiefest 2012 - blowed up the Probelem

Sparky Pete wrote:

ChocolatecoveredespressobeansarereallynicealthoughtheyleavealottofchewygritinyourmouthOMGIthinkI'mhavingastroke...

I made the mistake of eating about 1/2 lb of these recently.  Damn near had a stroke.  But I washed, folded and put away 19 loads of laundry, so I consider it a win.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

More

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Coffee?  Coffee has never been consumed at NSFIRHQ. 

Fact.

This space for rent.

Black

2011: Gator-o-Rama, North Dallas Hooptie, Garrapatas Peligrosas GP
2012: Yee-Haw it's Lemons Texas!, North Dallas Hooptie
2013: North Dallas Hooptie

I tried the chocolate covered coffe bean- once.

It confirmed my suspicion, tastes like chocolate and coffee grounds.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

I tried the chocolate covered coffe bean- once.

It confirmed my suspicion, tastes like chocolate and coffee grounds.

they need to be chilled. When they are room temp (or worse in the summer) the beans get all gritty and stick in your mouth. If you leave them in the fridge they are much more enjoyable.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

tSoG wrote:

I like my coffee like I like my women.

Tall with room for cream

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

tSoG wrote:

I like my coffee like I like my women.

Grande?

Hammerheads Racing
Race, wrench and repeat.
Thompson, CT 2016 - "I got screwed" award; Loudon Annoying 2013 - 36th first finish for the Probelem; Monticello 2013 - Dead Last but we saved on fuel, so.... ; Halloween Hooptiefest 2012 - blowed up the Probelem

Sledge wrote:

Black

+1

Plain, black, nothing flavored, no sugar, no cream and strong.

5x loser - and just all around not very good
My Crappy Blog
Former Sex Pistons Craptain
And it feels so funny, like bathing in honey...

One more thing:

If you go to Dunkin Donuts and asked for a regular coffee, to them that means "Cream and Sugar".  You have to specifically ask for black.

Very infuriating

2011: Gator-o-Rama, North Dallas Hooptie, Garrapatas Peligrosas GP
2012: Yee-Haw it's Lemons Texas!, North Dallas Hooptie
2013: North Dallas Hooptie

Sledge wrote:

One more thing:

If you go to Dunkin Donuts and asked for a regular coffee, to them that means "Cream and Sugar".  You have to specifically ask for black.

Very infuriating

Racists!

Sledge wrote:

One more thing:

Very infuriating

entirely depends where you are. In new england regular means cream and sugar. around VA it means black.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

My Home brew BEER! coffee in the morning, beer for the evening.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

Sledge wrote:

One more thing:

Very infuriating

Well duh.  That is how coffee is supposed to be drunk; lots of cream, lots of sugar.  And ideally, from Dunkin Donuts.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11