Topic: What to do?

I am flying up to Augusta, Maine on Jan. 2nd.  I am going to have almost an 4 hour layover in Boston.  Are there any frequent flyers here that can suggest anything to do or see while at the airport?  Granted, I don't expect much to do at an airport, but I thought somebody might know of something there that I might not see if I don't know about it.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Re: What to do?

The airport is right on the T (T=subway in Boston).  There are several great museums accessable from the T.  I moved away from Boston 10 years ago so I can't remember all the sights to see but I'm sure one of the tourist webpages will get you headed in the right direction.

Nick
Focke Ewe racing -> Muttonheads! Racing -> Torque Junkies
86ish VW GTI...now with TDI Powah!

Four hours is enough time to leave the airport and return. The highway system is really great around the airport so either by Train or Cab, you can get into the city in 15-30 minutes easy.

What kind of stuff would you enjoy? Food? Historical Sights? I'd say you'd have two solid hours in the city to do anything you wanted.

I lived just outside of Boston for 23 years so I'm somewhat familiar.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

But a four hour layover becomes a 2.5 hour layover when you have to go through security again. Half hour to the city, half hour back...sorry to pee in your cornflakes.

I think you can DRIVE to Augusta in less than 4 hours from Boston....

fiasco wrote:

Yup, you can, and it is a reasonably nice drive, too.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Airport Bar. - drink soda if you dont want booze.

There are always people in the same situation .. i have had some interesting conversations at airport bars while on work trips.

5x loser - and just all around not very good
My Crappy Blog
Former Sex Pistons Craptain
And it feels so funny, like bathing in honey...

fiasco wrote:

But a four hour layover becomes a 2.5 hour layover when you have to go through security again. Half hour to the city, half hour back...sorry to pee in your cornflakes.

That is the way I was looking at it too.  Just not enough time to go into the city, especially a city that I would be totally lost in.

I looked into driving from Boston to Augusta, as Google shows it to be a 2:30 drive, until I got the quote on the rental car.  One way from Boston to Augusta was over $200/day, plus mileage from Enterprise.  My total flight from BWI didn't cost as much.  One way rentals are outrageous.

This will be my first flight since 9/11.  I am curious to see if they hassle me about having a license plate in my carry-on.

PS - I am glad I don't eat corn flakes!

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013