Topic: So I'm driving...

... probably the soon-to-be most prolific Lemons car EVAR (4th gen Tore-ass) and I started thinking to myself:
"How in the hell is anyone ever gonna get a roll cage to fit in here?"

Anyone else think how to go about making a car they're currently driving into a Lemons Racer???

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

Re: So I'm driving...

I've been thinking about turning my car, a '97 Oldsmobile Silhouette, into a Lemon. It's the nicest car I've ever had, so that's just not going to happen right now.

I picked up the factory repair manual cheap on eBay, and I keep thinking about the perfect mods for the car. Fortunately, they seem to be lots of them available with blown head gaskets, cheap. If I can find one and convince my wife, it might happen.

There's a lot to be said for working on a car that you know well.

LOL I have a 98 silo GLS - maybe we should compare notes!  I've had my head under the thing more than a few times....  replaced hubs, waterpump, etc but it keeps running and running...nearly 200k now and good fuel mileage, holds a ton of crap (last week moved an engine hoist and a lot of tools), paid for long ago - what's not to like....we besides being slow and a huge van....

FYI, I have thought of doing a minivan as a Lemons, considered putting a second powerplant in the back for dual, or backup power - couldn't make it handle worse could it?  I'd definitely be IOE contender

----------
Scott
Speed Racer Mach5 Mustang
Houston TX

LOL...  My daily driver IS ALSO the same year/make/model as my Lemons car...  This isn't a stretch.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Our weekend car (VW Cabriolet w/GTI engine) is 10 years older than our Lemon. Doctawife saw that gleam in my eye and made a preemptive statement this weekend: "You are NOT going to put a cage in that thing. Even with a cage it's an eggshell."

All the rest of the fleet is new enough and computerized enough to scare me away from the idea of lemonizing one of them.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

The only car I own is my Lemons car...

Uberbird!

7 (edited by doctawife 2009-10-19 07:38 PM)

cpchampion wrote:

Our weekend car (VW Cabriolet w/GTI engine) is 10 years older than our Lemon. Doctawife saw that gleam in my eye and made a preemptive statement this weekend: "You are NOT going to put a cage in that thing. Even with a cage it's an eggshell."

All the rest of the fleet is new enough and computerized enough to scare me away from the idea of lemonizing one of them.

Yes.  He's not lying.

And ECU's are evil.

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

It just scares me how the "cockpit" on these newer cars are so "cage unfriendly"

that being said... have you ever seen the inside of a MkVIII!!! Come and check out our MkVIII at CMP in Feb and you'll see ANYTHING is possible...

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

RobL wrote:

LOL...  My daily driver IS ALSO the same year/make/model as my Lemons car...  This isn't a stretch.

This is too dangerous on race day. I once saw Lyle take the motor out of the car he drove to the race in and swap it into his Lemons car. Sunday afternoon rolls around, and....

Even though my teams wants me to bring my Street Alfetta to the track I'm smarter then that. Besides who'll tow one of the Lemons car?

Wes Conklin
Team California Mille
2007 Eyetalian Class Champions
20+ races and still going strong, Finally won one. Pacific Northworst Winner 2012.

Sort of; i'm a big fan of '63-'64 Chryslers, own a '63 New Yorker, and spend a lot of time daydreaming about how i'd LeMonaid a manual-tranny 63-64 Newport if i found one on the cheap... have a theme and spare parts all ready to go *le sigh*