Topic: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

We have this silly K car.  Ron is rebuilding the engine.  We are racing it at CMP for the season opener -an all girl team.  I have a vision of the K car getting passed around for the season.  It's free.  Come get it.

Race it and give it to someone for the next race.   It must be passed on to another team after you race it.   

It has a title if you're into that sort of thing.. 

First come, first screwed.

b

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/05-2012-Heaps-In-The-Heart-of-Texas-24-Hours-of-LeMons-Winners-Photo-courtesy-of-Ron-Vickers-626x426.jpg

This space for rent.

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

How cool would it be if the K Car showed up at every race or nearly every race across the country. Passed from one team to the next, one race to the next. I'd be more than honored to receive it at a California race and then get it to the next destination. I would say it seems impossible but, c'mon, this is Lemons. When it comes to bad ideas...NEVER GIVE UP!

Cool Idea!
Rule Idea  #1:
You have to pass it on to the next team in "Equal to" or Better than" condition than you received it.
Meaning, you blow up the engine, you fix the engine, wrinked a body panel, pound it out, before you "pay it forward"

Rule Idea #2:
Some part of all previous owners stays on the car, part of the paint job, some knick-knack glued to the car, etc

Rule Idea #3:
If possible, the car should go to a new team.

'ported, relieved, with bored-out arm rests, and oversize seat covers.

stupid_but_tough wrote:

Rule Idea #3:
If possible, the car should go to a new team.

You, my friend, are evil.

I love the idea.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

hmm, a friend was telling me about a turbo new yorker or something of the K family with a bad trans.

If It gets to DFW, Ill see what I can do about making it way worse...

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Awesome idea.

I fully endorse this plan.

Shouldn't we call it:  "'K' it forward"?

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Rule #4  Has to be entered at all events under the same team name.

It's only fitting that the car that saved Chrysler is the one that wins the Lemons championship.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

9 (edited by NSF 2013-02-25 11:30 AM)

I'm sure that we could meet up with another team to hand it off somewhere between FL and TX on a weekend.  We are 500 Miles from the Alabama/Florida state line.

I suspect we'll pull our seat and 5 point harness out for our next project.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/72834_10151254011499495_877942554_n.jpg

This space for rent.

This is the best idea I have ever heard!

Who is first?

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

11 (edited by stupid_but_tough 2013-02-25 12:54 PM)

Potential race team must submit a brief essay (with pictures) as to why they are deserving of such a fine race car

I second the team name "K it Forward"

stupid_but_tough wrote:

Potential race team must submit a brief essay (with pictures) as to why they are deserving of such a fine race car

I second the team name "K it Forward"

How about just a bottle of mid-grade scotch.

This space for rent.

How about the most creative and awsome bribe gets the car.

I'd hoped this was what the sChITROEN was going to fall victim to. I'm hoping the K car will succeed. Make the hand-off location be the track of its previous race and the next team agrees to take it in as-is condition. I'd be willing to chip in some $ to help give it a trailer that goes with it.

But why oh why wasn't it themed like so? Maybe NSF's Special K

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server5200/fnghfdg/products/112/images/293/Special_K_Cereal_Original__74922.1344460317.1280.1280.jpg

NSF guys, you might be able to get Jay to give a free car entry (drivers must still pay their freight) for this idea. It sounds like something he might go for.

K it forward!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

What an awesome idea but there are some serious scheduling issues. How are you going to get from CMP to Sonoma CA  and be ready to race in 4 days?  Towing to the next race will be hard for some teams. Monticello to Gingerman might not be too bad but then it has to get to Eagle's Canyon. This thing will need a full time travel agent. I whole heartedly endorse this plan.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Someone with more time should map out a route that will get it to the west coast and return it to the season ender.  We can make plans from there and present Jay with all the details.  Maybe we can get a couple of his money cougars to ease up on fees for those who dare take a ride in the super K.

b

This space for rent.

Here is a Google map with all of the races in the order of the schedule

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Caro … ls&z=5

it is a 29,500 mile trip

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner

Sick idea.  Love it.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

jduffy wrote:

it is a 29,500 mile trip

And the problem is?

Seeing how we won't be getting our car ready for the Gingerman race this interests me very much. Getting the car to Texas might be an issue but who knows? Tag team anyone?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/482694_10151329143733811_1829299916_n.jpg

Somehow Ron decided pressure cleaning the engine compartment while the engine is out was a good idea. 

Add your own captions...

This space for rent.

cabinboy wrote:
jduffy wrote:

it is a 29,500 mile trip

And the problem is?

Seeing how we won't be getting our car ready for the Gingerman race this interests me very much. Getting the car to Texas might be an issue but who knows? Tag team anyone?

I can get it from monticello to gingermann. Hell, I could probably be talked into getting it from SC to monticello for seat time. I'll bring bacon.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG wrote:
cabinboy wrote:
jduffy wrote:

it is a 29,500 mile trip

And the problem is?

I can get it from monticello to gingermann. Hell, I could probably be talked into getting it from SC to monticello for seat time. I'll bring bacon.

Of course you will, you seem to use bacon like currency.  And don't ever stop.

I think that this is one of the best ideas I have heard in a long time.  I love the essay idea, and to be quite honest, the teams that are going to get it should be worried about transport.  It is, after all, a free race car.  Pass this thing around like halloween candy, and if for some reason it is near me, and needs some love, I would gladly take it in for a while and work on it.  And for gas money(and bacon) I could probably be persuaded to deliver it somewhere, if needed.  K-car relay, ftw

People ask me why I love the Lemons community, and why I choose to spend my time doing this stuff.  It's stuff like this.  I'm sorry, I just can't imagine any other racing community not only tolerating stuff like this, but madly encouraging it.  I love this asylum.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

24 (edited by racerxr 2013-02-25 06:16 PM)

NSF wrote:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/482694_10151329143733811_1829299916_n.jpg

Somehow Ron decided pressure cleaning the engine compartment while the engine is out was a good idea. 

Add your own captions...

Now I am feeling under equipped to field a Lemons racer.  I got no tractor.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/860454_534280843259300_1464408363_o.jpg

2012 North Dallas Hooptie Judge's Choice Winners
If life gives you Lemons, install racing brakes!
https://www.facebook.com/JoBoRacing

OK, down to business...
First hop Kershaw Sc to Sonoma, CA, only 2,800 miles, Google maps says ~40 hours drive time.
I can get the car to Memphis in 10 hrs, that 1/4 the distance.
Who is going to scoop up the football and run with it.
Memphis to Amarillo approx 10 hrs drive, halfway home
Amarillo to Phoenix next leg ~10 hrs
The race team drives out from Sonoma to Phoenix to pick up the car ~10 hours