Topic: Drive it on the street!

When are 'em tags coming in? It's a historic vehicle, 25+ years old, no inspection required even if you do it as a street rod.

Need pictures of the plane picking up McNuggets meal at drive-through, plane hammering through an autocross course, and the driver next to the plane getting a sobriety test, christmas lights and all.

K Car Stalker

Re: Drive it on the street!

What we _really_ need is a car done up as a locomotive and tender, and then have John Candy and Steve Martin doubles driving both of them.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

3 (edited by Speedycop 2013-04-03 08:48 AM)

If I had those lookalikes, I'd just run a burned-out Town & Country 'vert.

A proper locomotive has been on my list for a while, but there's several builds ahead of it. If no on does it this year, maybe I'll do one.

As far as tagging it, windshield should be here next week, and Alex is dropping off marker lights tonight.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/12/13-56-UPAP_Crushing-Picture-courtesy-of-Phil-Murilee-Martin-Greden-550x412.jpg

I still want to see a Lemons car that appears to be in The Crusher as it drives around the track. It wouldn't be too hard (by Gang of Outlaws standards) to build a high-speed-capable replica of E-Z Crusher hardware (including big faux hydraulic cylinders front and rear) for a race car.

I like it. We can make that happen.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

locomotive?

hopefully you can source a big diesel to get the sound right. smile

I'd love to see the plane on the street. not sure what MD laws are regarding homebuilt vehicles.

Just an update:
The plane is now tagged and insured, and being driven on the street. I still need to add headlights, and wire up the marker lights I added, but that will happen tomorrow.

too friggin' cool.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

Speedycop wrote:

Just an update:
The plane is now tagged and insured, and being driven on the street. I still need to add headlights, and wire up the marker lights I added, but that will happen tomorrow.

Do you give yourself a fix-it-ticket?!?

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

No, because I didn't drive it at night, and hand signals are still perfectly legal in MD. big_smile

It now has working turn signals, and headlights are installed. I'll be wiring them up tomorrow. Last Saturday I took it through the Checkers drive-thru. It was every bit as awesome as I'd hoped (freak-out reactions, incredulousness, two people trying to fit through the drive-thru window at once). Video in a week or so...