Topic: Houston true 24 to Road America Transportation assistance needed

Chances are high Super K will need some assistance getting to RA.  Who can help get the car from Houston to Dan quickly so he has time to change the oil and clean the windshield?

Sept 29 finish in Houston.
Must be in WI by Oct 12.

Thanks,
b

This space for rent.

Re: Houston true 24 to Road America Transportation assistance needed

What about NH?

If nobody else steps up I might bring it east....
But I think I'd want to run it at NH, then drive it to RA....

51 time Loser.

Work it out...  It's not my car.

This space for rent.

Why October 12th? The RA race is the first weekend in November.

My team is racing the K-car at MSR, and the car can stay at my place in Houston for as long as it needs to. It would obviously be easier if someone from up North who is coming down for MSR had some extra trailer space going home. I'm almost certain I won't be able to physically help deliver the car to its next destination, but I'll personally throw some gas money at whoever does.

Getting to NH for the last weekend in October is certainly possible, but getting it from NH to RA in 4 days will be tight if it blows up again.

Actually, you know what? I wouldn't mind driving at Road America. Maverick74, do you already have a team put together, or are you looking for drivers?

LeMonster, if you really want to take the car to NH and then drive it to RA, that's fine. If not, I'll babysit the damn thing for a month and then drive it to RA, then fly home after the race.

My wife would kill me if I volunteered to take it from MSR to Chicago.  That, and I'm out of vacation since I used most of it for the birth of my son.

Otherwise, I'd be all over it.

Next year? tongue

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

How's it getting from RA to Chuckwalla?

51 time Loser.

I don't think anyone has discussed that yet, either. I forgot it had to get to CA again. Yikes. I don't want to have to drive it all 20 hrs back down after RA, hoping that the engine hasn't already grenaded.

I wonder how much it costs to ship a car that far?

SpaceFrank wrote:

Actually, you know what? I wouldn't mind driving at Road America. Maverick74, do you already have a team put together, or are you looking for drivers?

LeMonster, if you really want to take the car to NH and then drive it to RA, that's fine. If not, I'll babysit the damn thing for a month and then drive it to RA, then fly home after the race.

I'm still piecing together a team, so you can probably have a spot if ya drive it up. Otherwise, I can talk to some friends I have down in Texas and Missouri about helping getting it north. That is if LeMonster doesn't take it east.

As far as getting it out to Cali, I talked to Spank and so far his plan is to fly out to RA and drive it back.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Maverick74 wrote:

As far as getting it out to Cali, I talked to Spank and so far his plan is to fly out to RA and drive it back.

This.

Well, that's awesome.

LeMonster, have you made up your mind about going to NH? If I end up taking it to RA, I'll need to buy my flight home before we get too close.

SpaceFrank wrote:

LeMonster, have you made up your mind about going to NH? If I end up taking it to RA, I'll need to buy my flight home before we get too close.

Let me see if I can get a team together....

51 time Loser.