Topic: Who wants to drive a Wartburg?

We currently have an opening.  Please see the website for details. 
Openings for non-driving mechanics as well.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com/recruiting.html

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

2 (edited by Serj 2009-11-09 09:02 PM)

Re: Who wants to drive a Wartburg?

hi Jim, I posted this over in HR, but i figure I'd post here as well:

I'd love to run the Wartburg with you guys. I have 5 Prior Lemons races under my belt, including the Detroit-ish (Toledo & Flatrock) races, as well as Nelson Ledges and CMP. I've only gotten one driver-related black flag during this time, due to the front tires worn down to cord separation (I went 4 off). I am good-natured, drive clean, and if push comes to shove I can get under a car too (Not saying I'm great at it but at least I'm creative!)

I can temper my driving style to whatever is needed of the car, but I only have rudimentary abilities with a stick-shift(i think i heel-toed a 7.3L turbodiesel once, that was cool)

I also plan to enter Capitol Offence @ Summit Point so I'm not sure how this will play out. More than likely I'll be bringing back the Buick I ran at Nelson Ledges, so If you're interested in some fun seat time in a ride that WILL pass cars, maybe we can trade some stints?

JThw8 wrote:

When my husband saw that I saw this, his response was "I didn't enter, promise!"  He so wants to pony up, deep in the cockles of his heart.  He also thinks, and I agree, that the "for the love of Steve McQueen, let me have this car" guy should have a shot at driving the Wartburg.

Just sayin'

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Serj wrote:

I'd love to run the Wartburg with you guys. I have 5 Prior Lemons races under my belt, including the Detroit-ish (Toledo & Flatrock) races, as well as Nelson Ledges and CMP. I've only gotten one driver-related black flag during this time, due to the front tires worn down to cord separation (I went 4 off). I am good-natured, drive clean, and if push comes to shove I can get under a car too (Not saying I'm great at it but at least I'm creative!)

I can temper my driving style to whatever is needed of the car, but I only have rudimentary abilities with a stick-shift(i think i heel-toed a 7.3L turbodiesel once, that was cool)

I also plan to enter Capitol Offence @ Summit Point so I'm not sure how this will play out. More than likely I'll be bringing back the Buick I ran at Nelson Ledges, so If you're interested in some fun seat time in a ride that WILL pass cars, maybe we can trade some stints?

I did see it there too Serj, could you do me a favor and go to the link to our site and then fill out the survey (another link sorry).  The rest of the team doesnt seem to have all the free websurfing time I do so I have been emailing them the survey results, any additional information (such as you have posted) I attach to the surveys but it gives us a consistent reference point for all the candidates.

As stated on the site a final decision probably wont be made immediately as we have alot of balls in the air as the moment but should be made no later than the 1st of the year.

I should mention we are a democracy so no amount of kissing my butt overrules the 3 other team principals but I do my best to campaign for folks who "get it" smile

OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."

doctawife wrote:
JThw8 wrote:

When my husband saw that I saw this, his response was "I didn't enter, promise!"  He so wants to pony up, deep in the cockles of his heart.  He also thinks, and I agree, that the "for the love of Steve McQueen, let me have this car" guy should have a shot at driving the Wartburg.

Just sayin'

Hmm...I have his entry form right here....someone's got some 'splainin to do.

Nahh, J/K smile

JThw8 wrote:
Serj wrote:

I did see it there too Serj, could you do me a favor and go to the link to our site and then fill out the survey (another link sorry).  The rest of the team doesnt seem to have all the free websurfing time I do so I have been emailing them the survey results, any additional information (such as you have posted) I attach to the surveys but it gives us a consistent reference point for all the candidates.

As stated on the site a final decision probably wont be made immediately as we have alot of balls in the air as the moment but should be made no later than the 1st of the year.

I should mention we are a democracy so no amount of kissing my butt overrules the 3 other team principals but I do my best to campaign for folks who "get it" smile

np Jim. I'll just get to it when I'm not at work, it's bad enough i post here on the clock but what should be more interesting is masking the extra chunk of change disappearing LOL

you can call me either, but "Hi, I'm Chris!"