Topic: STARTING AN AWESOME CD COLLECTION FOR THE K

So I deliver cars to the auction and happen to get that extra perk of getting the leftover crap in peoples cars. 4 sets of jumper cables 15 CDs that will be for the K .

Judge Phil left a CD for the transcontinental travels of this classy crap car
In this collection so far is

Wayne's World 1&2 soundtrack
EnYa
Madonna
Thompson Twins
AlLannis Morisette
Dead MMilkmen
Phil's road mix
Assortment of  SKA and Punk burned CD

Please bring the CD s to the race coming  close to you.

We really need some ABBA ,journey,and other awesome 80's CDs of bands from the 80's when Iococca built this car. Even though CD were just sold to public.

Whoever reads this throw in what CD would be

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Re: STARTING AN AWESOME CD COLLECTION FOR THE K

my personal favorites from when I would buy music back in the 80s, which was rare, were soundtracks. Find the iconic 80s movies and get them in cd. (mine, if I had them and could find them still, would be in cassette).

Pretty in Pink, Some Kind of Wonderful, Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ghostbusters, etc.

I've put together an all-1987 compilation disc. I was 21 that year and had the idea that most music really sucked around that time (maybe all 21-year-olds think that, regardless of era), but it turns out that the Butthole Surfers, Public Enemy, Tom Waits, Negativland, and others all had good albums in 1987. Spoiler: there's no goddamn Wang Chung or Whitney Houston on this disc.

You want 80's?

You want good driving music?

You want Wall Of Voodoo's Call Of The West.

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

Wall of Voodoo is indeed great driving music, but it's more early 1980s than late 1980s. The Reliant is a super-futuristic 1987 car, nothing like the primitive K-cars that preceded it. Owners of early Ks stood in awe of the perfection reached by the 1987 models.

Judge Phil wrote:

Spoiler: there's no goddamn Wang Chung or Whitney Houston on this disc.

Hey, you should have said something. I know Mosaic technically came out in '86, but I totally would have sent you my copy if you needed it.

I have some cassettes from the 80's I could donate. That's the same as cds, right?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Maverick74 wrote:

I have some cassettes from the 80's I could donate. That's the same as cds, right?

No cassette in the Super K.  Just CD player with aux in cable.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Well, add a cassette deck! New 8-track tapes were available in the US until 1988, so you might as well add an 8-track player as well.

According to this site, the last mainstream-available 8-track tape was Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits, in November of 1988.

I'm not sure if it is mainstream but I know Cheap tricks last album (a few years ago not from the 70s) was topping the 8 track charts for over a year, probalby has something to do with the fact that they had the only new 8 track available.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

You know what the K really needs? One of those super-old-man, illuminated, oversized compasses!

BoB wrote:

I'm not sure if it is mainstream but I know Cheap tricks last album (a few years ago not from the 70s) was topping the 8 track charts for over a year, probalby has something to do with the fact that they had the only new 8 track available.

There are 8-track charts?

Former chief proprietor and lead bad idea generator of Binford "More Power" Racing, 2010-2013: humbly self-proclaimed the best Chevy Beretta in Lemons history.

Judge Phil wrote:

I've put together an all-1987 compilation disc. I was 21 that year and had the idea that most music really sucked around that time (maybe all 21-year-olds think that, regardless of era), but it turns out that the Butthole Surfers, Public Enemy, Tom Waits, Negativland, and others all had good albums in 1987. Spoiler: there's no goddamn Wang Chung or Whitney Houston on this disc.

Thanks for that mix, it was ... interesting. wink

Hella Shitty Racing -- Premium Crapcan Racing since 2010!
- VOTE FORD
- Ferdinand the Bug (2x class C, 1x class B, IoE)
- Ferkel the Nein-11 (Org Choice, class C, Heroic Fix)

Don't forget that Appetite came out that year, and whatever kind of crazy Axl turned into hadn't happened yet. Half that album might be played out, but the rest is still full of awesomsauce.