51 (edited by DC Doug 2013-07-28 11:14 PM)

Re: Cross Country Drive or Restraining Order Expired - Sputnik

apparently avoided Scranton, PA.  Now near Bedford, PA and close to the MD border.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Rock … =m&z=7

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

If anyone is wondering, we made it to DC under our own power - parked the tired K at about 4am, drove Mike home, and went to sleep. Details later. Win!

K Car Stalker

Glad to hear you make it okay. Can't wait for the write-up.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

firegremlin wrote:

Details later. Win!

So?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Sorry, I've been busy catching up on sleep, work, and beer.

A bit of good news in rather sad times: I fixed the shake, for the most part. Axle bind had nothing to do with it, it was a blown ring in the axle coupled with rather soft side engine mounts. Soo, after the car flat-out refused to drive without a mad shake (now at all speeds) tonight, I went to some dumpy Advance Auto in the middle of DC, bought one of the only two Daytona driver-side axles in the area, and put it in. Poltergeist-style shaking gone, wobble is now down to a minimum and is fixed with more RPM's. A bit of window-weld in mount cavities and this won't be a problem, either.

So, handoff delayed till tomorrow, I'll go catch up on some more sleep, and then get cracking on uploading remaining pictures and writing my story.

K Car Stalker

You just keep making excuses to retain possession of that silly car.

This space for rent.

Pretty sure I've been to that Advance Auto.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

NSF wrote:

You just keep making excuses to retain possession of that silly car.

Sooooo its only obvious who gets the car after the season ender.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Kim Harmon and Katie Mitchell are going to bid on it.

This space for rent.

Is it wrong that no one in their right mind would want this, but I suspect bidding will reach tens of dollars.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Maybe even as much as $20.  (If we supply a full tank of gas).

This space for rent.

I'm sort of hoping that the K ends up as someone's daily driver after 2013 is over.

i think I would rather hit my self in the fruit stand with a large hammer.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

If someone can convince a pa inspection station to slap a sticker on it, I'd drive it.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

I've been looking for a wagon for daily driver duties, and SC has no inspection or emissions requirements...
I was thinking about something a bit more German though.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

tSoG wrote:

If someone can convince a pa inspection station to slap a sticker on it, I'd drive it.

we might be able to arrange that.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF