Re: Kurrent "K" Kar Komitments

My Son and I own a building in the ghetto in Racine Wi (20 miles from Mitchel international) I would have to clear it with him that he doesn't mind it to be stored here for a bit, but I doubt he would care.  It would be outside in a fenced lot, where we have had relatively low instances of mischief. (Not saying its safe but I store my race trailer there, and have only had minor shenanigans happen , read little bastards throwing rocks from the railroad tracks)  I am most likely towing the SAAB to RA with team car b que  so my driving the car, or trailering it is not an option.  Possibly Adam or His Dad would be willing to drive it back to my shop on their way home from the race (I think I read its street legal????)  If whom ever needed a ride from MKE to my shop, I could most likely help out with that as well.

Your Miata Parts Pimp

Id love to take it from Road America to Racine for storage if you guys need it!

Does the K-car some with a stash of roadside repair tools?  I'm planning to fly to MKE or MSP and wondering if I need to pack tools for the small probability that the K-car will not run perfectly from Cheeseland to at least Denver....

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

autoxmike wrote:

Does the K-car some with a stash of roadside repair tools?  I'm planning to fly to MKE or MSP and wondering if I need to pack tools for the small probability that the K-car will not run perfectly from Cheeseland to at least Denver....

I have no idea if it comes with tools, but if its at my shop there is any tool you prolly could need there. and you can use them, once you leave, hehe you are on your own out to about 100 miles...  I could prolly fetch you on a trailer to about that limit

Your Miata Parts Pimp

Packing tools might be wise, Mike, I don't recall any kind of traveling toolkit residing in the K. LeMonster packed up his own batch of tools for the TX->CA trip, for example.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

31 (edited by DC Doug 2013-09-04 06:15 PM)

A future K-it Fwd owner might visit a Harbor Freight and make a donation to the cause.  I bet for <$100 and some coupons you could buy a fairly substantial kit of poorly made tools.  I think it's all metric on this car.  A set of 3/8ths sockets 8mm-22mm, a set of open metric wrenches, vise grips, big hammer, assorted screwdriver set, a set of wire cutters/crimpers, cheap voltmeter, electrical tape, breaker bar, and, most importantly... a set of ratchet straps.

$29.99 on sale and gets you more than halfway to a semi-craptastic emergency tool kit...

http://www.harborfreight.com/130-Piece- … MSJ9%0D%0A

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

If I drive this thing to Sears, I'm going to bring as many tools as I can fit under the Southwest checked-baggage 50-pound limit, so I can bring them back home on my return flight. Oh, wait, you can check two bags for free on Southwest-- make that 100 pounds (minus bribe weight).

I daily-drove an MGB-GT for years, so I'm used to carrying enough tools to do an engine swap or complete wiring harness reconstruction at the side of the road.

Oh yeah, I hope someone installs a heater before it gets to me. If not, I'm going to rig up the world's hooptiest heater-core-and-trucker-fan setup imaginable.

Phil, I got you covered on the heater/fan stuff. Have a old bluebird bus heater....BIG. Might even draw off a slight amount of overheat for the race.! (Secret Weapon)!

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Does anyone in Wisconsin have a heater core?  I plan to fly into Milwaukee Thanksgiving day and could do a quick heater core "install" if one is handy..  IF not then I'll dress warmly for the Wisconsin to Denver leg

Mike
Hong Norrth

I can pick one up and leave it with the car after the race if ya want. That way you'll at least have a window defroster.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

I have a pair of Ford EXP heater cores I can bring to Road America if you want.

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

I don't think the Super K is going to make it to Road America.  We need a ride from Houston to San Francisco for the year-ender.

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I have a Volvo 240 heater core in good shape (pulled it out of the car that became the Black Metal V8olvo/Mustard Yellow Volvo/Death Cab/etc.), and I can bring it to Road America if it looks like the K is coming there. My plan was to install it in the car if I ended up driving it from Denver to Sears.

DC Doug wrote:

I don't think the Super K is going to make it to Road America.  We need a ride from Houston to San Francisco for the year-ender.

What? I thought it was going to Loudon after Houston and then Road America. Are you knocking TWO races off this epic journey? Say it ain't so Doug!

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

DC Doug wrote:

What?! This is news to me. Why is that?

I emailed LeMonster about Loudon, since he hasn't posted in a while, and I haven't heard back yet. If Loudon drops, I'm still down for bringing the car to RA in November.

Well there you go.  Never listen to me - I mean, scotch.

I talked to Mike from Rally Baby, and he said they're still interested in racing Hooptiefest, but they don't have any means of getting the car to or from the track.

i can get as many drivers as we need, and the entry paid for, but yeah, no truck, trailer or halfway across the country drivers...

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Get it into your hands, or at least into the MD/DC/PA region, and I'll get it the rest of the way to you and to the track. I just don't have the time to bobtail down to Houston and back.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Transport it.  Cheaper than cheap.  The shame of it

This space for rent.

DC Doug wrote:

If Super-K can't make it to Road America, I can probably fly/drive to Houston instead of Milwaukee & get it to Sears.  Bummer though as I was planning to fly to Milwaukee for Thanksgiving and spend it with my family then head out in the K

Mike
Hong Norrth

autoxmike wrote:

Does anyone in Wisconsin have a heater core?  I plan to fly into Milwaukee Thanksgiving day and could do a quick heater core "install" if one is handy..  IF not then I'll dress warmly for the Wisconsin to Denver leg

I have MANY miata heater cores if you end up needing one, and if that will work for you

Your Miata Parts Pimp

It's going to make it back to Rally Baby for NHMS.

The new question is how to get it to Road American or, more importantly, to Sonoma for the year-ender.... WITH ENOUGH TIME FOR A TEAM TO PROPERLY SET IT UP FOR WORLD DOMINATION AT SONOMA.

That is all.

I am still willing to drive it to Sears from Denver with (Hong Norrth) Mike, if it gets here in time (RichVS will be driving the Checker out, so we can have a very memorable caravan). I even have a Volvo 240 heater core and fan to rig up a heater.