Re: K-it Fwd: NHMS Edition (again)

Hey guys, I'm trying to get some tires/rims lined up for Road America, can anyone tell me if the super duper k has the later 5x100 bolt pattern, or the earlier reliant 4 bolt pattern.

She has a five lug wheel.  Spoil her all you want.  She'll break your heart if you let her.

This space for rent.

It has eight wheels, four of which are super-wide.  The tire size that seems to work in all combinations of mounting are 205/50/15.  All eight tires the K presently has mounted are completely trashed.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Thank you, I just want to make sure we have round tires this weekend.  Did the brakes get fixed?  Maverick told me they were locking up, and I forgot to ask him if they are ok now.

I'm starting a new thread on repairs and diagnostics.  Subscribe for updates.

'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

NSF wrote:

Not too sure what will become of K.  Odds are it will be chained and welded to some jack-stands at 24HLHQ so that passerby's for generations to come can stop and enjoy all thing K.

What should happen to it is that we build a pylon in the parking lot of Lemons HQ and put the K up on it for permanent static display like a retired fighter jet at an air force base. With a memorial at the base that says "K It Forward!" on one side and lists the names of the teams & drivers on the back, like a war memorial.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:
NSF wrote:

Not too sure what will become of K.  Odds are it will be chained and welded to some jack-stands at 24HLHQ so that passerby's for generations to come can stop and enjoy all thing K.

What should happen to it is that we build a pylon in the parking lot of Lemons HQ and put the K up on it for permanent static display like a retired fighter jet at an air force base. With a memorial at the base that says "K It Forward!" on one side and lists the names of the teams & drivers on the back, like a war memorial.

I just mentioned this to Nick and Jay.  Their response: all involved: banned for life.

33 (edited by Mulry 2013-10-29 04:27 PM)

DC Doug wrote:
Mulry wrote:
NSF wrote:

I just mentioned this to Nick and Jay.  Their response: all involved: banned for life.

LOL. How about it just shows up on a display pylon in Phil's front yard one day?

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

My front yard is smaller than the footprint of the K. How about someone just feeds the K straight into the crusher while we all stand around cheering?

I'll second Phils idea. Although I think to be sure it doesn't pull some kinda Christine kinda shit, I say the shredder... Just makin sure!

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Mulry wrote:

Hey, all the ones on sticks around my side of the base are still flyin'.  'Tis a museum you'll be wanting!

(Ya shoulda been here for the B-1B "plane on a stick" dedication.  Dude did a flyover at a few hundred feet and hit the afterburners right on top of us.  Set off car alarms all over the area!)

Ex-USAF civilian, still a wench

USAF wench wrote:
Mulry wrote:

Hey, all the ones on sticks around my side of the base are still flyin'.  'Tis a museum you'll be wanting!

(Ya shoulda been here for the B-1B "plane on a stick" dedication.  Dude did a flyover at a few hundred feet and hit the afterburners right on top of us.  Set off car alarms all over the area!)

I was at the air show at Wright-Patterson AFB in the summer of 1994 when the B-2 made its first public airshow flyover. That was crazy. It was maybe 5,000 feet off the deck but you couldn't hear it at all as it approached, and you really didn't believe your eyes either, because it just looked like a hyphen in the sky. It was awesome.

Mulry wrote:

I was at the air show at Wright-Patterson AFB in the summer of 1994 when the B-2 made its first public airshow flyover. That was crazy. It was maybe 5,000 feet off the deck but you couldn't hear it at all as it approached, and you really didn't believe your eyes either, because it just looked like a hyphen in the sky. It was awesome.

When they do the flyover at the start of the Rose Parade every New Year's day, they make their final turn at the intersection of the CA-2 and CA-134 freeways, then follow Colorado Boulevard east to Pasadena.   I live on top of the hill overlooking that intersection, so I get a fantastic view of the plane only a few hundred feet above me.   By the time they get to Pasadena, just a few miles away, they are below me.   I wonder what they will do this year, what with sequestration.   A couple of CAP guys in Cessna 150s?

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

USAF wench wrote:

...(Ya shoulda been here for the B-1B "plane on a stick" dedication.  Dude did a flyover at a few hundred feet and hit the afterburners right on top of us.  Set off car alarms all over the area!)

We were racing out at Vegas first weekend of October. Saw  two B-1B's take off from Nellis. Serious decibels there...

while testing our  super sonett  our driver was stopped and given a ticket for  unsafe vehicle which was a gift since  there are no documents for  car and  we have a speedo  i would  guess he was  more than double posted limit . Our  cage  builder wanted to fight ticket .    $50  ticket   pucker factor  1000