Topic: Super K Chicago to Sonoma

Trip starts at about 6 am Sunday. Track the location of the K on Google Maps:

Please view my location at http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker … =ktosonoma

First time using this app so Ihave it active today as I spend a day in Chicago...

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

Re: Super K Chicago to Sonoma

Love it

This space for rent.

Looks like you've been around my neighborhood. Currently showing you west of my place. Are you already driving the K?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

cabinboy wrote:

Looks like you've been around my neighborhood. Currently showing you west of my place. Are you already driving the K?

Not yet.  Was "test driving" the tracking app today.  My daughter is in Chicago for Thanksgiving so we went to downtown Chicago for the day. Just getting some sleep and will be heading down to Adam's place in South Holland for an anticipated 6AM blastoff

Mike
Hong Norrth

Have fun and good luck

http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker … =ktosonoma

Folllow this link to keep tabs on the Chicago to Denver leg of the Super K's DOMINATION NATION 2013 Tour.

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

Folllow this link to keep tabs on the Chicago to Denver leg of the Super K's DOMINATION NATION 2013 Tour.

And if you click on the position indicator you can send a message!

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Being able to track the location of the K is pretty cool.  I spent three minutes watching the dot move across the map of Iowa.  Unfortunately for Mike actually driving the car, I had the more exciting stuff to look at.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Mike is a pedestrian.  DOOH!

This space for rent.

Never had to follow someone like this before, did he drive or walk back and forth to the next overpass and building before just wandering around the car? Lost or in  panic with a limping car?

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

May have run out of gas and the fuel pump died - or the fuel pump just died and stranded him  He is a man alone and cold with just his thoughts to keep him happy.

This space for rent.

Did he backtrack to the "bug splat?"  He's making random 50 ft swings in direction.

Ex-USAF civilian, still a wench

Back on the road.  His Alt had a loose wire.

This space for rent.

I was watching this earlier.

Worst.   Show.   Ever.

Back and forth U-turns in Iowa?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/3CF57677-1C85-4A74-84AB-5D085996669F_zpslh1r8v1q.png

Suxors.  hmm

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1482854_10200306535984958_1818006833_n.jpg

You mean this?  Drama, Drama, Drama.

This space for rent.

Like a moth to the flame, I can't stop checking in. Hind sight says this should have been the standard all year long.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Best guess is a flakey fuel pump relay.  I robbed the power wire from the stereo & got the pump running by holding the wire on the battery (other end connected to the pump). Got it to the gas station then took what I think is the fuel pump relay out & cleaned & "adjusted" it.  Not sure if that was the cause but after that it ran like a champ.

Mike
Hong Norrth

autoxmike wrote:

Not sure if that was the cause but after that it ran like a champ.

This is the story of the K, all year long.

Getting ready to hit the road for the final push of the Denver leg. Mike Burg from Schumacher's Taxi Service is passing by in 30 minutes on his way to Denver so we will be carvaning. It will be GREAT to have company!!!

Mike
Hong Norrth

Watching him walk around the hotel is kinda entertaining.

I always preach to my daughters that apps like this are silly, because it lets people know exactly where you are.  Mike is advertising all over the interweb that a priceless race car sat in a hotel parking lot all night long...unattended!  I can't believe it wasn't stolen.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

yukadas wrote:

I always preach to my daughters that apps like this are silly, because it lets people know exactly where you are.  Mike is advertising all over the interweb that a priceless race car sat in a hotel parking lot all night long...unattended!  I can't believe it wasn't stolen.

Very true.  Maybe the criminal element in Denver will be more alert..

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:
yukadas wrote:

Very true.  Maybe the criminal element in Denver will be more alert..

Isn't that who Mike is dropping the car off to?

Looks like he's getting ready to roll.

Ever since it was mentioned that the K was caravanning with Schumacher's Taxi Service, I can't get the theme music from Smokey and the Bandit out of my head.