Re: Super K Chicago to Sonoma

Sparky Pete wrote:

Any wagers on who Judge Phil will eat first?!?

FTFY

This space for rent.

Phil reports that it is -21 and the work on K is almost finished.  That's kinda good.

This space for rent.

We are done for the night. A few things to button up in the morning. Trying for a 7AM departure. It's going to be another COLD day!

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

Go guys go! I'm sitting here at home wishing you guys the best. So wish I was there.

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

NOW I remember why I don't like to venture north of I-10 in the winter.

Fuck.

That .

Shit.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

SeldomSeen wrote:

Go guys go! I'm sitting here at home wishing you guys the best. So wish I was there.

You're not along on this? Probably a smart decision on your part.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

The K is back in motion!  Woot!

-jt
Unionized Physicist
Tetanus Racing
1986 Porsche 944, #986

Its moving?

I figured their dots froze off.  big_smile

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

jimthefirst wrote:

At High Desert Welding & Machine? Not a good sign.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

cabinboy wrote:
jimthefirst wrote:

Probably to fix the dragging exhaust issue.

Mark G. Davis - Hong Norrth Mazda MX3
https://www.facebook.com/#!/hongnorrth
www.e3storage.com

devomgd wrote:
cabinboy wrote:
jimthefirst wrote:

Probably to fix the dragging exhaust issue.

I'm hoping that's all it is. Can't wait for them to get rolling again and get to someplace warmer.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Uh oh doing the back and forth searching again, at least it appears to be in car rather then on foot.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

From Phil

Long Morning...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1488319_10152093516868578_199888939_n.jpg

This space for rent.

RichVS reports that it is so cold that the pain is peeling off of the checker.

Look like refugees fleeing a bad sitcom.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

It could be worse. I'm standing in the security line at JFK.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Spank wrote:

It looks like the K is maintaining all of it's pain. Can't shed it.

Shouldn't have re-themed the car in Denver, looks like it got pissed off!

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

69 (edited by jiggermyster 2013-12-05 02:26 PM)

yikes. Looks like they had an issue. Lines all over the highway and now they're limping along at 20 mph.

Wendell34 wrote:
Spank wrote:

It looks like the K is maintaining all of it's pain. Can't shed it.

Lol! That shoulda been "paint". But pain is more poetic.

jiggermyster wrote:

yikes. Looks like they had an issue. Lines all over the highway and now they're limping along at 20 mph.

The traffic overlay shows yellow, so It could just be a slow spot. they seem to be going about 35 to 40

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner

EyeMWing wrote:

It could be worse. I'm standing in the security line at JFK.

I was expecting a terrible time at Logan, was through in under 20 minutes.

Going to pass the time till my flight leaves watching a dot on a map.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

jduffy wrote:
jiggermyster wrote:

The traffic overlay shows yellow, so It could just be a slow spot. they seem to be going about 35 to 40

Go back a ways to Church Butte rd. Then follow them back a mile or so. They were all over the road, then limped to Church Butte and got off.

I'm guessing they're in a snow storm and stopped to chain up.

Hopefully they will send out an update as it looks like they are stopped for gas

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner

Looks like another fuel stop.  The 350 plus the truck rear end gearing plus tall and flat front in the Marathon equals much fuel drinkage.

-jt
Unionized Physicist
Tetanus Racing
1986 Porsche 944, #986