Re: Super K Chicago to Sonoma

NSF wrote:
Sparky Pete wrote:

Any wagers on who Judge Phil will eat first?!?

FTFY

My wager is that one of the Lemons car drivers will bury Phil in a snow bank somewhere and car jack his bitchin Merc.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

This has been fantastic to monitor.  Whenever the K stops I use the Google Street View to see where they are:  gas station, rest stop, etc.  Of course the images on Google Street View are taken in the summer.  You have to imagine the snow and cold.  But otherwise fascinating!

And what dedication it must take to climb back into the K while watching Phil get in the Merc (likely with a cold weather package consisting of heated steering wheel & heated seats.  Probably satellite radio and German engineered, sound dampened interior too)

10x loser (Arse-Freeze '11 - Vodden '15) 1x WINNER! Arse-Freeze '14 in the Watermelon Volvo Wagon
Swedish Knievel Skycycle('90 Volvo 740 Wagon)

Looks like they are stopped. Crud. Need live footage!

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

bLooks like an hour or so outside of SLC.

From Mike:

The alternator is in bad shape. We are borrowing a truck & trailer in SLC. Donner Pass is probably going to close tomorrow so the K on the trailer & the Checker are going to take the Southern Route via Las Vegas

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/907_10203106015639677_326298274_n.jpg

This space for rent.

Funny how if anything the alternator was working too good before someone decided to put on a new hood and retheme.  Not only that but the weather became worse  and they've had nothing but hardships.

The K Gods are angered by this travesty and the Kurse of the Kommunist K will continue until this is righted and the former theme has been restored.

Of course for the story I would prefer them to arrive Saturday struggle all day, only to repaint it Saturday night so Sunday it can reappear in the stars and stripes with its old hood back on to a chant of USA, USA, USA coming from the paddock, and someone can through that horrible monstrosity that was placed on it at Judge Phil.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Long long day.   The roads for the most part were either hard pack snow or ice.  Lot of wrecks. The K died & would not turn over sitting on I-80 while snaking around a big wreck. The Checker had to back up to jump the K as we became another road block. Limped it to an exit ramp and tried to install the new alternator but it had the wrong pulley. Found a truck repair place to swap  pulleys but could not get the old alternator off due to the belt being too short - we think. So we limped it to a rest stop where the Stick Figure guys met us with their truck trailer. We are loaded up for an early departure from SLC.  The plan is for the Trailered K and the Checker to take the southern route via Vegas as the Donner Pass is projected to close tomorrow. Still a long way to go.  We plan to swap drivers between the Checker & Truck every stop as the Checker does not have much heat....

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

Amazing stuff

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

I'm on the ground in SF and have a rental and not much to do tomorrow. Give me a buzz if additional manpower is needed.

Six seventy six
Fittyfive oh 1

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

My flight had to stop in Sacramento for fuel. This was not the update I wanted to see. Was hoping for better luck.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

autoxmike wrote:

Long long day.   The roads for the most part were either hard pack snow or ice.  Lot of wrecks. The K died & would not turn over sitting on I-80 while snaking around a big wreck. The Checker had to back up to jump the K as we became another road block. Limped it to an exit ramp and tried to install the new alternator but it had the wrong pulley. Found a truck repair place to swap  pulleys but could not get the old alternator off due to the belt being too short - we think. So we limped it to a rest stop where the Stick Figure guys met us with their truck trailer. We are loaded up for an early departure from SLC.  The plan is for the Trailered K and the Checker to take the southern route via Vegas as the Donner Pass is projected to close tomorrow. Still a long way to go.  We plan to swap drivers between the Checker & Truck every stop as the Checker does not have much heat....

I thought you were planning on leaving early today?

All kidding aside guys, please be careful. It's been an amazing trip so far from the warmth of my house. Can't wait to see how it ends.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

You guys have gone through hell. Good luck on the rest of your journey, hopefully all the bad stuff is behind you now.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

You guys do know the race is THIS weekend, right?

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

You guys do know the race is THIS weekend, right?

They don't need to be at the track until mid day tomorrow..

bs

They really, really need someone to help drive the Checker from Las Vegas to Sonoma.  It's just the two of them in the caravan and both are wiped out tired.  It sounds like Rich is afraid of falling asleep once it gets dark.  I'm willing to kick in some towards a plane ticket to Las Vegas.  Help the man out.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Just shy of $600 will get a ticket tonight to Vegas.  Doable for me if it's really important... I guess I'm saying I'll do it if it needs to be done.

If it ain't broken, fix it 'til it is.

Damn.. didn't look closely enough.. all the flights leave too soon.. no way I can make it to the airport that quickly.  Other ideas?

Man. She got one IOE win and is getting all uppity now. One more kick to everyone's collective crotch before she ends her journey.
C'mon K!

You guys are made of some of that good old American moxie that helped the West get won.

Update:  Just talked to Rich; someone is meeting them in Vegas to help with the final push.

This is what Mike put up on Facebook

Bill Caswell is meeting the Karavan in Vegas. With 3 drivers the plan is keep pounding through. Should arrive Sonoma 2-3am

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner

I live near Sonoma if anyone needs help. foe oh foe tree fiv seben tree fiv seben uno

I reiterate my opinion that the K should burn in  hell for this.  4 or 5  Magnesium engine cases, 15 tires, each stuffed with a gallon of used motor oil in a plastic milk jug and any remaining space packed with road flares. Bet it would make National news!
Also acceptable: One final return of the CURSE, One last CURSE to end them all (and the K Kar ) FOREVER!!!!1!

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Looks like you have to actually catch the chicken at Popeye's in Nevada.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1472857_10101901227871027_90477757_n.jpg
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1476627_10101901228090587_191365893_n.jpg

You passed a Del Taco for Popeye's?  For shame.  I'm guessing you were on the phone walking around and talking, or the madness of the k finally overtook you, and you were wandering and muttering to yourself.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

K and the Checker are in Vegas!

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

K and the Checker are in Vegas!

Take the K to the El Cortez and bet it on black. The El Cortez is one of the few places left in Vegas where you can do that I bet. If you lose, they keep the K. If you win you'll probably get, like, 50 bucks or something.