Topic: The K Needs A FIERY Death! Or, how else to be rid of a bunch of tires.

Ok,,Ok, now I might just be trying to be a bit inflammatory here......But I got a whole mess of old tires I need to dispose of! Now what better way than stuffing them in the K along with some gallon jugs of used motor oil, mebbe a few mag wheels and a mess of road flares? Besides perhaps 3 cases of starting fluid! A good solid Viking funeral! Yah! Hmm....no? Cmon! It'll be fun!

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Re: The K Needs A FIERY Death! Or, how else to be rid of a bunch of tires.

It seems a little early on a Tuesday afternoon to pop the cork, buy what do I know about Colorado.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

NO NO NO!
I can't say "no!" enough to this plan.

Imagine if you will, a 3 year old whose favorite word is "NO!" throwing a tantrum.

this still isn't enough "no!" to describe how I am feeling about this.

Diesel/Kero will ignite in a closed environment (passenger compartment) when subjected to the concussive blast of high explosives ... allegedly.

also, the easiest way to shoot a car and have it explode... allegedly.

If you don't like guns, or high explosives, you can probably pick up some roman candles to shoot into the fuel soaked tires/oil/interior.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

I think it should be crushed into an itty bitty cube and used as a coffee table - at Lemons HQ.   Couldn't you see Jay and Nick doing the Wrap Up with their feet propped on it?

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

I think it should be crushed into an itty bitty cube and used as a coffee table - at Lemons HQ.   Couldn't you see Jay and Nick doing the Wrap Up with their feet propped on it?

A 2600 pound coffee table that leaks oil..  Perfect.
b

This space for rent.

Oh! A coffee table! Yes! Id totally go for that! I'd even spring for a nice new drip pan! This is Colorado! Nobody drinks here anymore....just sayin...

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

this is the best idea yet.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

/agree

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

http://www.sfaqonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Issue_10_web_Compressed2.jpg

10x loser (Arse-Freeze '11 - Vodden '15) 1x WINNER! Arse-Freeze '14 in the Watermelon Volvo Wagon
Swedish Knievel Skycycle('90 Volvo 740 Wagon)

I was given one of those car cubes one time but never picked it up.  Wish I had now.  Pancho Carter wrote off the Morales Brothers Indy car at Michigan in 81.  The crew chief had it crushed with the number on the sidepod facing up and gave it to the car owner as a joke.  It sat outside the shop for years and they offered it to me when I asked about it.  I didn't really have a place for it at the time and I think it's since been recycled into beer cans.  Very cool looking with all the stickers and stuff visible.

I'd kinda hate to see the K meet it's fate like that so soon.  Before that happens to it, it needs to be some sort of penalty.  Run the K till it breaks and then the tow trucks have a standing order to take it to the penalty box.  The next miscreant team's penalty is to fix it.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

People people, lets be civil.  There's a resolution that will satisfy everyone.

First we burn it (mmmmm, warmth), then we cube it.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Drive it back towards Fl, when it makes it here in 6 or so months it can be campaigned @ Sebring after stopping for a race or 2 on the way, no need to burn or crush it just yet.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

I'd love to see this old heap make another cross-country trip to Sebring.   The suffering is riveting.

This space for rent.

I'd love to see this old heap make another cross-country trip to Sebring.   The suffering is riveting.

This space for rent.

Such a horrible idea, you wrote it twice.

Apparently my name is really "Craigers".  Who knew?
We might be yellow, but at least we are slow
I'm a WINNER!

Look, you can't just burn the thing.

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LECR13/535-UG-North_Dallas_Hooptie_2013.jpg

Some dumbass will still end up racing it.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

I'll be at sears pointless and wanted something awesome to tow a simca back home..

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

NSF wrote:

Hahahahaha. If it comes to TX, I'll drive it. Why not?

Why does everyone keep talking about destroying the K? You guys act like it's unreliable or something. I've raced it twice and it's did just fine. tongue

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

You all may be speaking too soon. I don't think we have seen the last of the K.
McDaniel thinks he can make her a contender. For something.
You know, when she was running right, she actually ain't too bad. Autoxmike got a 2:15 at Sears Point. That is in the top half. That's only 10 seconds a lap slower than Eyesore Miata. I know 10 seconds a lap is a big deal, but we are talking K car.
I did a 2:18 and I'm not very good. I passed more cars in the 25 minutes I drove the K than I did all weekend in a 2000 Civic. I was smiling and laughing during my short little stint.

I've said it before, the K gives you just enough hope. And that is the rope she hangs you with.

Maybe if she isn't getting flogged across the country all year….
Maybe if the things that get fixed by one person don't get unfixed by the next…
Maybe if she isn't getting passed from one band of chimps to the next….
Maybe if she wasn't a K-car….

I do think Sebring is an awesome idea. I kinda wanted to take her to the Chump race at Laguna Seca last weekend. That has a certain unholiness about it that I like. Just couldn't risk the entry fee if she had asploded at Sears Point. How about putting her in the Chump race at Daytona? That I also like.

here we go again...

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

There is a K friendly shop with a lift and storage yard between Daytona and Sebring. Just tossing that out there..

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

So where is this awful festering pile of misery hiding anyhow.......Can't hide forever!!!!!! For all the suffering this miserable pile has caused my friends, I feel Ill -will toward it....and I LIKE bastard cars.... Ok, Ok, so maybe burning it is a bit much.....perhaps instead, we attach it to two big Cummins powered trucks and see who gets the biggest piece....wishbone style....the winner gets...well.... the bigger piece....I volunteer my truck, the big green pile of sensible transportation mentioned in this article....http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013092 … /130929839