Re: Real Hoopties of NJ 2014 - Who's in?

Our tbird is in. Tons to do and too damn cold to do it. Gonna be a quick 2 months.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

squidrope wrote:

Car #396 Cheatee Cheatee Bang Bang is in for our second race. The car ran great at NHMS, so we are giving her a quick once over. The stick was moving all over the place so I'll try and re-bush the worn out linkage. We're also adding some niceties that we didn't have for our first race (Radio, cool suit, power to go-pro, etc.)   Fortunately we have a nice place with a lift to work on her until the end of the month!  We'll be in garage #120 so stop in and say hi.

Change you plate style linkage to newer one and you should be good.   I might have a spare late model E30 hanging in garage.  If not there are plenty of E30's at the yards in Billerica.

We are in again with our e36 running US Air Farce  logo's

WarpdSpazm wrote:
Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

I didn't get a note, but checked the entry page and we're in.

When's the englishtown thing?  We ran an enduro there a few years ago.  The dirt stock guys w/ the mad max exoskeletons on their cars were actually trying to hit the T bird.  I was run off on the straights trying to pass several times.  After the 30 minute break, we decided to go home.

I am going on March 23rd to take there class so I can get their license ($225 for 8 hour day class/track)... Using my wife's DD for that. Then I will have the Cortina there on April 6th.  11am-5pm for Open track. $125 for 6 hours.  I believe that's the car and 1 driver... I need to email and see if they will let a second (e-town licensed) driver run in the same car and if so, what's the extra fee... My 3 A&D's are all first timers so if I can get them a little more seat time on top of Friday practice it's worth it...

I would love to see another Lemon car there to get an idea of pace... What class are you guys?

It depends on the vehicle, 2 a's and a c.  We'd be bringing 1 of the a's if it's beginning of april.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

The Carbeque SAAB will be low n slowing it at Jersey!  In the middle of a takedown/reseal.  Engine out and back in this week hopefully.  Can't afford a new transmission so the very suspect grindy one will have to do.  Here's to changing the fluid and praying!

Dahlinboysracing is in. Should be picking up the Integra from Roll Cage Components by next week.

Fritz

Dahlinboysracing W/Frankenphil  '11 Crown Royal Vic SPWV 73 '12 Tom Sellecka Toyota NJMP 75 SPWV 43 NHMS 65, '13  Toylaren Monticello 120, Daytona 102, SPWV  83 HF! NJMP 41 NHMS 48th '14 Fireball  Integra NJMP 24th NJMP 18th NHMS 90th '15 NJMP 54th Daytona 33RD SPWV 4th Thompson  79th CMP 13th '16 NJMP 43 Thompson 21 CMP 32nd NHMS 24 '17 FB Integra NJMP 68 Cledus Snow Eldorado IGS 118, NCM 24

dahlinboysracing wrote:

Dahlinboysracing is in. Should be picking up the Integra from Roll Cage Components by next week.

Fritz

CHEETURZZZ!!!!!!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

What layout are they planning?  Has anyone heard yet?

We're on the Thunderbolt track. Is that what you mean?

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:

We're on the Thunderbolt track. Is that what you mean?

Yes that is what I was asking about.  I didn't see which layout it was,  Lightening/Thunderbolt.   Thanks for clarification.

35 (edited by RobL 2014-03-05 08:44 AM)

There are two optional corners listed on the trackmap - 2b and 3b.

I've never seen anyone use 2b and IMO it's too dangerous to use with people using pit in and out constantly.

If they don't use 3b, then the straights going into and out of 3 become faster and, again IMO, the track becomes much more boring.

edit: answered the wrong question.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Doesn't matter input helps

Turbo taxi is in. new ignition system (switching to coil on plug) and new head gaskets and a valve lapping. We also have to route the exhaust out from under the car, which is going to suck.

Flying Rat Motorsports- Turbo Taxi, RIP

According to the schedule on NJMP website both races are on Thunderbolt

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

RogueLeader wrote:

According to the schedule on NJMP website both races are on Thunderbolt

That's good. That's the better track...

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
FOR SALE! '68 Ford Cortina - BUY ME HERE!
'04 Mitsu in the works
BlackmavenMotorsports on Facebook

sinical racing is  in   we have now  grown to a  three  car  team . we   just  want  to  share  the  pain  with  more   friends . Not  one  car  out  of   three  has  a  engine  in  it  yet   . we  did  2  cages  over the  winter  and gathered   parts   cars  so  next   couple  weekends   should  be  busy    as  snow  melts .    we  are also gonna   bring  a   gift  for  the   judges  which  should  be   the  biggest    judgemobile  ever  and   scary . It  will also  serve  to  insure  some  proper    penalties  for  black  flags .

olaaf wrote:

Turbo taxi is in. new ignition system (switching to coil on plug) and new head gaskets and a valve lapping. We also have to route the exhaust out from under the car, which is going to suck.

WELP, GUESS I'M GOING TO JERSEY. Can't miss this.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

decafe wrote:

sinical racing is  in   we have now  grown to a  three  car  team . we   just  want  to  share  the  pain  with  more   friends . Not  one  car  out  of   three  has  a  engine  in  it  yet   . we  did  2  cages  over the  winter  and gathered   parts   cars  so  next   couple  weekends   should  be  busy    as  snow  melts .    we  are also gonna   bring  a   gift  for  the   judges  which  should  be   the  biggest    judgemobile  ever  and   scary . It  will also  serve  to  insure  some  proper    penalties  for  black  flags .

Bringing the Saaudi???

Elmo's Revenge will be there with hopefully two vehicles.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Rally Baby is in with 7 cars, but there's no way everything is going to be ready.  It's shit or get off the pot time this weekend, so we'll see  - probably 5 (boring BMWs and Audis).

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Dirty Penny will be back with the world's rustiest Datsun 210.

Black Gold/Sex Panther Racing: '79 Datsun 280ZX
Dirty Penny Racing: Rustyass Datsun 210.

Mike C. wrote:

Rally Baby is in with 7 cars, but there's no way everything is going to be ready.  It's shit or get off the pot time this weekend, so we'll see  - probably 5 (boring BMWs and Audis).

What, no Whorenet?

Are you guys at least going to ghettocharge something?

Keystone Kops are back in with both of our Volvo's. Nothing is done on either car but that seem's to be our normal each year.

#240 Keystone Kops 1984 Volvo 244 Sedan
#242 Jew-Wop-E 1979 Volvo V8 Coupe

chaase wrote:

Elmo's Revenge will be there with hopefully two vehicles.

Glad to hear you are back.  We are back with the "Bandit" BMW.  See you then.

49 (edited by skivittlerjimb 2014-03-12 05:22 PM)

Bert One will be re-taking the East Coast by storm after his winter out west and interstitial race at Gingerman in April.

NJMP was our best race last year (7th overall) so of course this year we'll likely try to do better and blow up in spectacular fashion of some sort. Man we burned through a lot of gas at Thunderbolt last year, too. Better make sure the gas rebate credit card is fully paid off before race weekend.

Great to see our buddies the Keystone Kops will be there. Will the Cheetah Volvo guys be spinning tunes Saturday night again like last August?

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

50 (edited by RogueLeader 2014-03-12 08:54 PM)

Quick questions for those who ran thunderbolt last year:

1. Pits: hot pit or pit in your parking spot?
2. Electrical hookups, are they plentiful or do you have to be far away like at Lightning?

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners