Topic: Camping at No Problem?

Who all is camping at the Track this weekend?  We have called the track to see if we can camp Thursday night but haven't gotten a response or a human to talk too. Anyone know already? I figure it is going to be miserable but us truly poor Arkansas racers can save a bunch by sweating and feeding the mosquitoes.

Re: Camping at No Problem?

dvot wrote:

Who all is camping at the Track this weekend?  We have called the track to see if we can camp Thursday night but haven't gotten a response or a human to talk too. Anyone know already? I figure it is going to be miserable but us truly poor Arkansas racers can save a bunch by sweating and feeding the mosquitoes.

Most of our team will be camping. Swing by, I am thinking about grabbing a mess of tiki torches to keep the bugs away, along with running the smoker. We will be the manly guys with the pink barbie car

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Baron wrote:
dvot wrote:

Most of our team will be camping. Swing by, I am thinking about grabbing a mess of tiki torches to keep the bugs away, along with running the smoker. We will be the manly guys with the pink barbie car

I saw a sig earlier with someone with a barbie bmw... i also saw on another forum the barbie miata... hmmmm

E30's should all go up in flames...

Don't you guys have, like, jobs? We aren't officially open until Friday morning for check-in, which is important because we need to make sure everyone signs our waiver. If you go inside Thursday, we can't police you, and that's bad for us (and our insurance). So you're welcome to park the RV outside the gate, in the swamp, whatever, but if you come in the gates early you won't get wristbanded properly and will run the risk of getting the boot after the fact.

And, c'mon people, 7:30 am on Friday is totally early enough. Thursday is just obsessive-compulsive.

Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

Don't you guys have, like, jobs? We aren't officially open until Friday morning for check-in, which is important because we need to make sure everyone signs our waiver. If you go inside Thursday, we can't police you, and that's bad for us (and our insurance). So you're welcome to park the RV outside the gate, in the swamp, whatever, but if you come in the gates early you won't get wristbanded properly and will run the risk of getting the boot after the fact.

And, c'mon people, 7:30 am on Friday is totally early enough. Thursday is just obsessive-compulsive.

Its the 9 hour drive we want to knock out during daylight hours Thursday that we wanted to do and be ready bright and early for the 7:30am Friday stuff.  And yeah we're OCD.  Maybe we can find a camp-ground relatively close or get a hold of the track to see if they have a policy.

SRSBSNS wrote:
Baron wrote:
dvot wrote:

I saw a sig earlier with someone with a barbie bmw... i also saw on another forum the barbie miata... hmmmm

We will be the Miata. I guess we are getting e-famous!

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

Baron wrote:
SRSBSNS wrote:
Baron wrote:

it's DFWS... not TOO famous wink

E30's should all go up in flames...

SRSBSNS wrote:
Baron wrote:
SRSBSNS wrote:

it's DFWS... not TOO famous wink

Dream crusher!

Team Lost in the Dark
2012 Gulf region champs

There is a big campground on HWY 70 just off of HWY 90 in Morgan City, if you are coming that way. It is on Lake Palourd (spelling). It is 35 minutes from the track, straight through Pierre Part. I know it is kinda late but I know the area well. Send me an email, I think that can be done here, and I will try to help. Hell if you want leave your number and I will call

dvot wrote:
Nick_LeMonsHQ wrote:

Its the 9 hour drive we want to knock out during daylight hours Thursday that we wanted to do and be ready bright and early for the 7:30am Friday stuff.  And yeah we're OCD.  Maybe we can find a camp-ground relatively close or get a hold of the track to see if they have a policy.