Re: WHO WANTS THE K ITS FOR NEW OWNER SPANK WORTHINGTON DEAL FREE!

I'm just sayin... JDM DOHC 6G72s aren't that expensive... and even if you get lucky and find a Stealth/3000GT in a junkyard, you can go up to like 1999...

SpaceFrank wrote:

Did any FWD cars come with a rotary?

I'll just put this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9KhEy58J2o

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom

http://www.citroenet.org.uk/passenger-cars/michelin/birotor/images/cutaway-small.jpg

The front-wheel-drive Citroën GS Birotor had a rotary engine. 872 were built.

As a 3x/week visitor of the immense Stockton Pick and Pull, let me know if you want me to check on a stupid mill for you.  I do know they got a 3000GT recently.

http://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/JA3XD64B1NY015339

(there's also a '94 and '95 but they are in the more 'spensive Premier yard down the street)

Proudly pissing off Pick 'n Pull employees since 1991
Team The Homer

1981 Ford Fairmont Durango

SpaceFrank wrote:

Just say NO to Front Wheel Fail.   

It sucks.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

I only suggest keeping it FWD because Jay specifically said no to a RWD swap.

SpaceFrank wrote:

I think Jay specifically said no to an RWD swap involving (A) Russians, (B) anyone affiliated with NSF, (C) anyone affiliated with Rally Baby, or (D) anyone affiliated with Sensory Assault. If you have a plan to do such a conversion, you could try to talk Jay into letting you do it.

Rob Stercraw wrote:

As a 3x/week visitor of the immense Stockton Pick and Pull, let me know if you want me to check on a stupid mill for you.  I do know they got a 3000GT recently.

http://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/JA3XD64B1NY015339

(there's also a '94 and '95 but they are in the more 'spensive Premier yard down the street)

Im actually headed there after work today to do some scouting.  I'm sticking with the sohc though.  The 6g72 is worth it's weight in gold around here.  Only one I can find on a wrecking yard shelf is $500... F that.  What does pick n pull charge for engines?

84 (edited by pennintj 2014-04-10 02:44 PM)

Judge Phil wrote:
SpaceFrank wrote:

I think Jay specifically said no to an RWD swap involving (A) Russians, (B) anyone affiliated with NSF, (C) anyone affiliated with Rally Baby, or (D) anyone affiliated with Sensory Assault. If you have a plan to do such a conversion, you could try to talk Jay into letting you do it.

Operation Triple-Engine is a GO. Repeat, Operation Triple Engine is A GO!

Three times the FAIL!

-=Tom

-=HFC Tom

On behalf of teams A,B,C & D -  Thank you.

For
Understanding
Certain
Knowledge
Offers
Frequent
Failures

This space for rent.

Judge Phil wrote:
SpaceFrank wrote:

Haha, oh no. I barely have enough give-a-shit between races to keep one car operational. And it only stays running at the races because slant six.

MasterShake wrote:

Im actually headed there after work today to do some scouting.  I'm sticking with the sohc though.  The 6g72 is worth it's weight in gold around here.  Only one I can find on a wrecking yard shelf is $500... F that.  What does pick n pull charge for engines?

The "Premier" yard gets about $350 for engines (they don't post prices and the last time I asked was a few months back)

The regular yard charges:

Engine Diesel Long Block Car
$219.99 , $49.99 core

Engine Diesel W/Access Car
$239.99, $49.99 core

Engine F-Inj W/Access, Car
$169.99, $49.99 core

Engine Long Block, Car
$149.99, $29.99 core

Engine Short Block, Car
$119.99, $19.99 core

Proudly pissing off Pick 'n Pull employees since 1991
Team The Homer

1981 Ford Fairmont Durango

I'd be tempted to do a RWD swap on this car...And..Just MIGHT MAYBE have enough pull to do it. But overcoming my desire to make the car the single most newsworthy bonfire in the last 25 years still consumes my soul.

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Team Sensory Assault wrote:
SpaceFrank wrote:

Just say NO to Front Wheel Fail.   

It sucks.

Won't the early 323 transmissions bolt to a rotary?

At one point there was a RWD conversion kit sold for the daytona. If some info could be found it may help in doing a safe conversion on the K.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

If we do get it, it'll stay fwd for a while at least.  A rwd conversion would be a massive undertaking.  And I think there's a decent racecar in there somewhere in fwd form.

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14

So, if I commit to making this thing twin engined, is that allowable smile  I mean, thats not RWD.

Thats what it needs, another 3.0 in the back. That was my plan before i decided to pawn it off on Chris O.

51 time Loser.

Anyone who wants to convert this to a rear-drive or multi-engined setup just has to get the OK from Jay. Convince him that you fear death more than you love zipties as structural components and he might say it's OK.

So just need Jays ok to build this.

http://www.dragracingonline.com/features/images/88-ACDelco-Olds-Ciera-GT.jpg

Honestly I feel a fwd to rwd conversion would be easier to make safe than sticking an engine in the back of a car or cutting 2 cars in half and welding them into one car.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

So just need Jays ok to build this.

http://www.dragracingonline.com/features/images/88-ACDelco-Olds-Ciera-GT.jpg

Honestly I feel a fwd to rwd conversion would be easier to make safe than sticking an engine in the back of a car or cutting 2 cars in half and welding them into one car.

a twin engine K car has the potential to drive back to the paddock after it blows up an engine the first time in a weekend.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

I'm still up for filling it full of bald tires filled with gallon jugs of used motor oil, magnesium wheel pieces/shavings,10 cases of road flares and a good 4or5 cases full of 12 oz. cans  of ether starting fluid, all spread about evenly thru the inside of the car. Perhaps a gallon of diesel fuel just to get it goin half decent. Man, I just wish I was a bit closer. Now THAT is the kind of viking funeral I'm talkin about!

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Judge Phil wrote:
SpaceFrank wrote:

RWD, rear-engine, Type 4 swap that mofo. PROBLEMS SOLVED. big_smile

SeldomSeen wrote:

I'm still up for filling it full of bald tires filled with gallon jugs of used motor oil, magnesium wheel pieces/shavings,10 cases of road flares and a good 4or5 cases full of 12 oz. cans  of ether starting fluid, all spread about evenly thru the inside of the car. Perhaps a gallon of diesel fuel just to get it goin half decent. Man, I just wish I was a bit closer. Now THAT is the kind of viking funeral I'm talkin about!

You, sir, understand what makes a good explosion. Fire extinguishers? Safety glasses? Pshaw. ain't a real fire until you need hearing protection...

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

After the miller race I might be convinced to part with the flathead in the grumpy cats dodge....assuming it survives....