Topic: Looking for 14LF/1 (DO51) Endurance brake pads

OK, we're finally out of our supply of NOS Ferodo DS11 pads for the Marina.  Yes, the Marina.  I can get 14LF pads, which will fit but don't have as much swept area, fairly easily but we need all the swept area we can get.  Consequently, I'm looking for a supplier of race pads for the 14LF/1 size.

If you're trying to cross-reference, look up a 72-76 Jensen Healey since no one, and I mean no one, will even bother to look up race pads for an Austin Marina.  Pads are the same.

Any help appreciated.  We're down to our last set of race pads, and the stock pads I have as backups won't last long under racing conditions.

Thanks!

You can contact me at tr6driver at yahoo dot com. 

Jamie

Jamie Palmer  tr6driver@yahoo.com
Austin Powerless Racing  '75 Austin Marina, 44th/IOE Summit Point '13, 35th/1st Class C CMP Fall '13, 23rd/3rd Class C CMP Spring '14, 83rd/14th Class C CMP Fall '14 (blown engine/swapped mid-race to finish), 3rd Class C CMP Spring '15, 2nd Class C CMP Fall '15
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Austin-Po … 3187341573

Re: Looking for 14LF/1 (DO51) Endurance brake pads

I think Carbotech, http://www.ctbrakes.com/, might be able to help if you send them your backing plates.  877-899-5024  Ask for Mike Jr.

How much braking do you really need when you have like 75hp?

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

tr6driver wrote:

OK, we're finally out of our supply of NOS Ferodo DS11 pads for the Marina.  Yes, the Marina.  I can get 14LF pads, which will fit but don't have as much swept area, fairly easily but we need all the swept area we can get.  Consequently, I'm looking for a supplier of race pads for the 14LF/1 size.

If you're trying to cross-reference, look up a 72-76 Jensen Healey since no one, and I mean no one, will even bother to look up race pads for an Austin Marina.  Pads are the same.

Any help appreciated.  We're down to our last set of race pads, and the stock pads I have as backups won't last long under racing conditions.

Thanks!

You can contact me at tr6driver at yahoo dot com. 

Jamie

Yup, rodknox is right.  Call Carbotech first.  They'll want you to send them either brand new pads or pads with all the friction material removed from the backing plate.  (There's some regulation that makes it illegal to ship used pads with friction material still on them.)

Give 'em a couple of weeks and they'll ship you your backing plates with new friction material on them according to the compound you agreed on with Mike Jr. over the phone.

I only had 70 hp in my EXP.  And the Carbotech's that I got worked great.  Not too grippy, no fade.  Just right.

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

I just don't want to have to change pads mid-race.  75 hp...I wish!  Junkyard 1978 MGB engine totally unopened with undetermined mileage.  I'm guessing 65 hp tops, maybe 60!

Thanks for the carbotech tip, will try.

Jamie Palmer  tr6driver@yahoo.com
Austin Powerless Racing  '75 Austin Marina, 44th/IOE Summit Point '13, 35th/1st Class C CMP Fall '13, 23rd/3rd Class C CMP Spring '14, 83rd/14th Class C CMP Fall '14 (blown engine/swapped mid-race to finish), 3rd Class C CMP Spring '15, 2nd Class C CMP Fall '15
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Austin-Po … 3187341573

All I know is that our 2500lb+ American land barge took something like 6 full races to burn through the Wagner Severe Duty pads we use. And don't think we're easy on them. Grip great, good initial bite, no fade, surprise smaller faster cars in the breaking zones all the time.

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

+1 on Carbotech. They custom made a set of XP10s for our Jag XJ6 because, for some weird reason, people don't often road race XJ6s on this side of the ocean.