1 (edited by rodknox2 2014-03-24 03:43 PM)

Topic: I'm tired of working on my back

I'm coming up in the world.  My new lift...just in time to take care of Miss Piggy's pitched rod while in 3rd place at Sears.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2877/13390560663_0b2b462de1.jpg
P3240382

Re: I'm tired of working on my back

With that title, that was not the picture I was expecting. I thought you were using your body to fund your Lemons dreams wink

Bacon, oh bacon
Bacon, bacon, oh bacon
Love in five letters

mhrir wrote:

With that title, that was not the picture I was expecting. I thought you were using your body to fund your Lemons dreams wink

And you clicked on it anyway, you sick fvck.

I did too. smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

You should see the barn I work in.  We were scooting around on a dirt floor until I put down a bunch of plywood.  Now we can at least get a creeper underneath:(

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

I <3 this thread.

And I'm jealous of your lift.  At least I have some tall heavy duty jack stands and a concrete floor in my attached garage. :\

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

Im very much spoiled by a lift.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Racin_G73 wrote:

I <3 this thread.

And I'm jealous of your lift.  At least I have some tall heavy duty jack stands and a concrete floor in my attached garage. :\

Aren't you looking to move soon? Make sure there's room for a lift at the new place. Problem solved!

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Baron wrote:

Im very much spoiled by a lift.

Yep. A lift is the worst thing you'll ever do to your effectiveness as a shadetree mechanic. I'm to the "Meh, I'll do that next week once <other shitty car that's stuck on the lift because some part or another broke and needed to be ordered> is off the lift. Getting on the floor isn't comfortable" stage.

Best $4000 I ever spent.

How do you like the Bendpak? If I had a higher ceiling I'd likely have ended up with one. As it is, I have a Challenger 9000lb with the hydraulics in a floor plate instead of overhead, and the other guy on my team has a bigger Challenger with the traditional overhead setup.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

It's Chinese but pretty beefy.  I don't see any skimping.  I would have preferred American made but the price difference was significant.

It was easy enough to put up.  We had the use of a mini excavator which did the lifting.

This thread is timely.  My lift is going in this week.  But, my shop isn't quite as spacious.  That's a nice setup.

2012 North Dallas Hooptie Judge's Choice Winners
If life gives you Lemons, install racing brakes!
https://www.facebook.com/JoBoRacing

Want, currently working on the car outside on welded together wheels as jackstands, only recently moved it to a paved area.

I got a Lift  in a trade for around $600 best thing ever!

I charge $100 a day for people to use.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Our captain has a lift. It is the best thing ever. It's a four post so tires/brakes are a bit harder but we use the lift as a floor jack and can put 4 jackstands down in minutes. We just did engine mounts and I couldn't imagine doing them any other way.

Now we just need to mount it to the trailer and bring it to races with us.

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

My biggest concern was being able to drive my 20' enclosed race trailer between the posts.  I had to trust my tape measure and Bendpak's stated width.  I have about 2-3 inches on each side.  The trailer lives just outside the far door and serves as a shop extension.  That way I don't have to keep moving spare parts crap and race tools in and out of the shop.

The lift is on the flat bed and it's how the lift was packaged.

http://i.imgur.com/NZS8qKP.jpg

There's always doggystyle.

This space for rent.

16 (edited by Team Sensory Assault 2014-04-16 02:46 PM)

Eh, rookies.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/IMG_0675.jpg

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)