Topic: Who's in for Buttonwillow?

We are in & I believe besides our fast back Miata we will have some friends with an early Rabbit , who else will be braving a repeat of last years 110' sweat fest?

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

Re: Who's in for Buttonwillow?

Team Tinworm (me and whoever I can scrounge up) will be there with the NEW IMPROVED Humber Super Snipe!

The original Super Snipe was damaged beyond reasonable repair at Chuckwalla, so I found another one.
This one is a 1964 wagon which (aside from the quad headlights) looks very much like the first.

The engine and transmission was salvaged from the wrecked car, and I expect the car to move under
its own power in the next week or two.   Stopping is a separate issue.

As before, the Super Snipe will not set any speed records, but will simply proceed stately around
the track in a dignified fashion.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

CowDriver wrote:

Team Tinworm (me and whoever I can scrounge up) will be there with the NEW IMPROVED Humber Super Snipe!

As before, the Super Snipe will not set any speed records, but will simply proceed stately around
the track in a dignified fashion.

We all know that Lemons is not a lot of things , but thank god it is Dignified!

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

Hella Shitty Racing will be there!

http://rdoherty.smugmug.com/Cars/24hoursoflemons/Sears-Pointless-2014/i-DLn6Zr2/0/XL/JHF_1155-2-XL.jpg

Hella Shitty Racing Goin' for Broken '10, Arse-Sweat '10, Arse-Freeze '10, Sears Pointless '11, Skankaway '11, Arse-Freeze '11, Arse-Sweat '12, Sears Pointless '13, Arse-Sweat '13, Northworst '13, Vodden '13, Pointless '14, Button Turrible '14, Arse-Freeze 2014,  Sears Pointless 2015, Arse Sweat 2015

http://i62.tinypic.com/2cg09qg.jpg

The Skyhawk will be there.  The front will be fixed and we'll insulate the bottom of the seat.  All of our left butt cheeks got cooked at Buttonwillow last year, which is really odd since the exhaust runs out the right side of the car.

The Tinyvette is in, and expecting to complete more than 5 laps this time.

ARSE/Scuderia Limoni is in, hoping that the rash of failures we suffered at Sonoma is the extent of our annual problems.  Yeah right.

See y'all there!

bs

Us Olds Crows are in.  It's on or bucket list to finish this race.  Two tries so far... three transmissions later...third time is a charm?  Somebody bring ice!  CW