Topic: K car curse strikes again

ok.  Chris Overzet has been great and very patient. I have hired a company to ship it to me....they appear to have gone out of business.  Call goes straight to voicemail, its full.  email is shut down. I cant 100% confirm they are under, but i cant wait forever.  anybody have any idea how ironclad this contract is?  They were supposed to pick it up on the first, but have kept putting us off.  now no communication at all.....any ideas?  thanks

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14

Re: K car curse strikes again

chevette wrote:

ok.  Chris Overzet has been great and very patient. I have hired a company to ship it to me....they appear to have gone out of business.  Call goes straight to voicemail, its full.  email is shut down. I cant 100% confirm they are under, but i cant wait forever.  anybody have any idea how ironclad this contract is?  They were supposed to pick it up on the first, but have kept putting us off.  now no communication at all.....any ideas?  thanks

Have you paid them?

Have they picked it up?

If the answer to both is 'no', then forget about them and start looking for something else.

If the answer to either is 'yes', then you are screwed.

If somebody can't be bothered to answer the phone before they've gotten you're business, it's a pretty good indication that they might be a little difficult once they've got your money in hand.

bs

Most likely a broker and out of business is out of business

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Yes, its a broker.  Put in touch with them through s friend.  He's not very happy either.  I did pay a small deposit.  But I'm prepared to walk away from it.  I read all the fine print in the contract because I figured it couldn't be an open ended contract.  They had 10 days from first pickup day, that was the first, today is the twelfth.  So I guess I find someone else.

K put a shipper out of business.  It's like a bad episode of "Fright Night".

This space for rent.

Weird, one would think the K could keep a shipper in business, who knew?

The K needs that Sebring to donate its driveline...

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Team Infinniti wrote:

Weird, one would think the K could keep a shipper in business, who knew?

Oh that's just a terrible idea.....just....so.....dammit

chevette wrote:
Team Infinniti wrote:

Aside from the obvious (possibly transplanting the entire subframe) one would have to de-wire the sebring and transfer every bit of its electrical system over, all computers, fuseboxes inside and out, dash cluster, etc.

Team Infinniti wrote:
chevette wrote:
Team Infinniti wrote:

Aside from the obvious (possibly transplanting the entire subframe) one would have to de-wire the sebring and transfer every bit of its electrical system over, all computers, fuseboxes inside and out, dash cluster, etc.

Oh I know.  But it sounds like to get the K right, much of that needs done anyways.

It would only be fitting to use the Sebring of  NSF, after all they started this K thing right?

Team Infinniti wrote:

It would only be fitting to use the Sebring of  NSF, after all they started this K thing right?

Yep.  $1200 is a great price for a race ready car.  Not so much for an engine donor.

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/Randy_Clark/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/2014080695180901_zpspcc58fpc.jpg
Well, the turkey vulture has landed.  God what now?

Yes! I've been waiting to hear if it arrived. Will you be letting us know what you're doing to it or will it be a surprise unveiling at Gingerman?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

I will keep you updated

The transporter was confused of why someone wanted this car shipped. He could stop laughing!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

fabtoys wrote:

The transporter was confused of why someone wanted this car shipped. He could stop laughing!

Another great quote for the story.

chevette wrote:

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/Randy_Clark/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/2014080695180901_zpspcc58fpc.jpg

Find an engine
Find a transmission
Figure out motor mounts that won't break or sag
Find a windshield. Unless they allow you to keep the one that was "modified" in anger.
Fix the seat. For the love of God, fix the seat (especially if you are going to drive long stints)
Find a new hood so the mural can go to the proper home (if that hasn't been done already)
Ditch that green paint job
Don't mess with the wiring or fuel system too much. It almost works the way it is supposed to right now.
Annnnnnd, then enjoy.

Actually, after she died at Buttonwillow, another K enthusiast and I made a long list of what should really be done to it. Remember though, we are the ones that believe the car could actually do something if someone spent some quality time with it.
Keep me up to date what you guys do with it too, if you don't mind. I think we are both kinda hoping for another shot at driving it someday and that it may end up back in Texas or California at some point.

If you have any questions about it, you might try to contact Steve McDaniel. He seemed to have the most luck getting it to do what he wanted and he has done a  lot of the "fixes" that have worked. He has prepped the car a couple of times. You know, if you want. The car also tried to kill him in 120 degree heat in the desert, sooooo….
Anyway, good luck.

chevette wrote:

Awesome! Enjoy :-)

Toni

#98 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - Class A car in the hands of a Class D team - MSR Houston IOE!

It is like a recurring bad dream.

Judge Phil wrote:

It is like a recurring bad dream.

Like?

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Holy crap, YES.

This paint job isn't glittery enough. You should fix that.