Topic: So now real race cars are copying Lemons cars?

They must've heard we were using BMW power...

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/cromec/Snapbucket/91277D34_zpsa84d5c00.jpg

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Re: So now real race cars are copying Lemons cars?

Sweet

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14

How many laps would this get?

http://thesupercarkids.com/deadmau5%E2% … -for-sale/

http://thesupercarkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/image11-610x250.jpg

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Parkwod60 wrote:

The first car to get penalty laps assessed using scientific notation?  S/F....Ken M

Parkwod60 wrote:

Don't worry, it's a ferrari, it will just take itself out with fire a couple hours in.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

They must've heard we were using BMW power...

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/cromec/Snapbucket/91277D34_zpsa84d5c00.jpg

That's a crappy photoshop, the wheels aren't even on the ground tongue

echosixmike wrote:
Parkwod60 wrote:

The first car to get penalty laps assessed using scientific notation?  S/F....Ken M

4e58 penalty laps!  But TheEngineer's right, it'll just catch on fire.  Class C, zero laps.

Actually, I'd like to see sometime a real high-performance high-dollar street car like this enter a Lemons race in an exhibition class just to see if it can hang with the crapcans for the full race length.  You'd have to find someone rich and crazy enough to risk his personal vehicle, though (plus it'd need all the safety gear, etc.)

15x+ Loser, thinks he's a Real Racer(tm)
Rotaries are great, everyone should try them.

almitydave wrote:

Actually, I'd like to see sometime a real high-performance high-dollar street car like this enter a Lemons race in an exhibition class just to see if it can hang with the crapcans for the full race length.  You'd have to find someone rich and crazy enough to risk his personal vehicle, though (plus it'd need all the safety gear, etc.)

There was a guy at Joliet a few years ago that taped numbers on his Lamborghini and tried to get out on track with us.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

cabinboy wrote:
almitydave wrote:

There was a guy at Joliet a few years ago that taped numbers on his Lamborghini and tried to get out on track with us.

If only Jim G. had done the same with his P4/5...

Proud supporter of the "Bring A Sterling To Lemons" Foundation

I'll make it to an actual race one of these days.  Until then...

I'll do it, and I'll do it with the motor out of the service rig.

The chassis will be a dodge neon.

I will, ... cheat all the way, short of running boost. 

Stock neon sohc base model makes 132 bHP.

JeffB#2, on neons.org, made 235 wheel horsepower on a motor with a dual tune, street gas/race gas.

I think I could make 250 all motor wheel horsepower with the currently available aftermarket in a neon drivetrain, even run it on pump "fuel" ... (note: a street machine operates within street fighting rules, which are nonexistant)
... and pump "fuel" means e85 is pump fuel. 

But that's only the street engine smile

The race engine needs to ... wait, both engines will be interchangeable, so... f it, build the piss out of everything, street motor with unlimited budget, and the race motor with oem, sometimes junkyard, parts.  I love it.

A quote from TheEngineer "you have a lot of confidence for someone looking to play with chrysler parts."
A professionals quote "so what if that comma in the price tag of your rig is in the same spot the period is on mine, I STILL beat you smile"

So if you all want to think Lotus/LeMans for a second... 175+ wheel torque, 250+ wheel horse, sub 2,055 lb race weight minus driver (forza ultralight class weight restrictions), and really good STREET tires, nothing but throwing rocker arms can stop that combo.

A quote from TheEngineer "you have a lot of confidence for someone looking to play with chrysler parts."
A professionals quote "so what if that comma in the price tag of your rig is in the same spot the period is on mine, I STILL beat you smile"

that's funny