Topic: And the lowest hp car-powered-car to finish a Lemons race is... ?

I'm just curious smile

A quote from TheEngineer "you have a lot of confidence for someone looking to play with chrysler parts."
A professionals quote "so what if that comma in the price tag of your rig is in the same spot the period is on mine, I STILL beat you smile"

Re: And the lowest hp car-powered-car to finish a Lemons race is... ?

You mean as delivered from the factory or as it crossed the finish line? Not sure if they finished, but the 1 cylinder Fiero, or the electric car would likely be the lowest powered.

As built I would think its in the neighborhood of 50hp

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

I was curious what is the newest car.

Lowest hp CAR powered car, as in the drivetrain came OUT OF one car, and went INTO another car.  I don't think other then a Nissan leaf conversion an electric car counts, or a motorcycle conversion, both of which are barely CAR powered cars anyways.

Something like a 350 Chevy sideways on a fierro transmission in the back of an Mr2 carcass.

Or starting the race with ONE drivetrain layout/setup, and ending the race with ANOTHER e=Mc sqUIRREL !!!, I.e. start with an AWD turbo car, but no turbo, and end with a twin turbo v8 rwd setup... or something smile

I currently have zero (0) race starts...

A quote from TheEngineer "you have a lot of confidence for someone looking to play with chrysler parts."
A professionals quote "so what if that comma in the price tag of your rig is in the same spot the period is on mine, I STILL beat you smile"

Definitely as crossed the finish line, and NOT as from the factory.

The SAAB won IOE. On either one out two cylinders (I believe one). What's one third of not very much?

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

I think the Imp trails the saab 3cyl by a handful of hp.  In its current oil burning config, I have a funny feeling it might be making less than the factory stated 39hp.  I'm not sure how you'd quantify the cars that blew up as they crossed the line.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

I was on 2/4ths of a (failed) turbocharged 998cc mini engine at Buttonwillow back in 2011. I took it out to limp around for the final 2 laps, but the checkered took longer to come out than I'd anticipated... It took the checkered under its own power, but it stalled coming down pit lane, I didn't have enough compression to get it started again...

... UNTIL the fire crew hooked up a tow rope and once they got me moving I stubbornly put it in gear and released the clutch and they to-rope started me. They unhooked me after I locked up the brakes and they allowed me to drive off into my paddock under my own power.

It's these little victories that mean the most to me.

I'd have to say, though, it's probably the Imp that is the car that started and finished a race on the engine with the lowest actual output and that didn't suffer a major malfunction during the course of the event.

noxneon wrote:

Definitely as crossed the finish line, and NOT as from the factory.

I think what you may actually be looking for is the lowest HP car as entered in the race, which drove a complete race.  Not which lost 95% of it's HP during the race?

Pucker Factor Racing - Gator-O-Rama, Feb '11, Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas!, Oct '11
Scuderia Ignorante - Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas, Feb '12 (As seen in Car & Driver), Gator-O-Rama, Sept '13

Spank wrote:

I'd have to say, though, it's probably the Imp that is the car that started and finished a race on the engine with the lowest actual output and that didn't suffer a major malfunction during the course of the event.

The Imp has less power than the Dacia (Renault)?

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

How about horsepower per ton? We're rocking 55 hp/ton stock

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

Dacia has 20% more displacement than the Imp and makes 10 more hp.  Seems like the Imp felt faster than the Dacia.  Imp weighs 200lbs less.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

HP per ton? How about 36 plus or minus (it was probably more like 20/ton the first race)
The electric car made about 22 HP it's first attempt.
It had a theoretical 36 HP the second showing,
and if all goes according to plan... 96hp theoretical in November along with a 200lbs diet!

I like this game

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Ummm, about 50 hp, weighs in around 3400ib........1950 dodge truck, door says originally had 82hp....0-60 time around 25 seconds

I crossed the finish line cranking the Bee's starter motor, with rods clacking every which way... How much HP does an oil soaked Lucas starter motor on a mostly drained battery produce?

Longest 300 feet of my life.*

The 3/2 cylinder Saab was waaaay faster.

(not really that much faster)

(*Technically, it was several minutes before the actual checkered flag, but I was out there stranded in the in-field till the race was over so I'm counting it)

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Sparky Pete wrote:

The 3/2 cylinder Saab was waaaay faster.

(not really that much faster)

It's a bit late to realize we also should have tried the starter motor in the 96 for more power, but at least now we know for next time.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Mild hybrid.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

wizard0ne0 wrote:

Ummm, about 50 hp, weighs in around 3400ib........1950 dodge truck, door says originally had 82hp....0-60 time around 25 seconds

At almost 1/2 minute at max power, and being BARELY at modern freeway speeds,  I'd say that is an EXCELENT vehicle for a candidate to volunteer for turd of the race...

Celebrated only by the awarding of a a magnetic turd that people try to knock of the car.  Without touching your car.

"MAGTURD" for a team license plate.

My goal is RACE-DRIVEN, Street car...
Not a STREET-DRIVEN, Race car.

Umm, what are you going on about?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

When you figure it out, let everyone know...
I'll be enjoying first place into awesome smile

But really though, to make it fair to everyone else, I'm opening the platform up to all motors that could be considered neon...ish.

2.0/2.?/2.4/2.4xx??? Sohc or dohc... Anyone that gets a chrysler motor to run in a vw chassis... you have an open invite to come race on our team.

FPRbuzz wrote:

How about horsepower per ton? We're rocking 55 hp/ton stock

about 30 per ton

Carbon footprint diesel chevette: IOE Gingerman '11, ClassC winner Autobahn, 13
Isuzu iMark diesel: IOE Gingerman'13
Chrysler Cordoba: Organizers Choice Barber '14

Maverick74 wrote:

Umm, what are you going on about?

Don't feed the troll.

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing