Re: And the lowest hp car-powered-car to finish a Lemons race is... ?

noxneon wrote:
wizard0ne0 wrote:

Ummm, about 50 hp, weighs in around 3400ib........1950 dodge truck, door says originally had 82hp....0-60 time around 25 seconds

At almost 1/2 minute at max power, and being BARELY at modern freeway speeds,  I'd say that is an EXCELENT vehicle for a candidate to volunteer for turd of the race...

Celebrated only by the awarding of a a magnetic turd that people try to knock of the car.  Without touching your car.

What in the hell are you talking about? The aforementioned truck has already raced, and it won the highest award, the Index of Effluency:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/ixnayxj/Miller%202014/502-UG-Miller-IMG_0857_zps01ae3c2c.jpg

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

I still can't believe that Wizard got that thing together.  So awesome.  Everything seemed so bleak when his team sort of abandoned him then he got motivation and then some fellow Lemon heads chipped in and the next thing you know it's ruling at the track.  What an awesome truck, awesome team (guy), and awesome testament to the Lemons community..

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

^ What he said. Seeing that truck on track (about every 6 minutes) was awesome and inspiring.

Van

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

noxneon wrote:
wizard0ne0 wrote:

Ummm, about 50 hp, weighs in around 3400ib........1950 dodge truck, door says originally had 82hp....0-60 time around 25 seconds

At almost 1/2 minute at max power, and being BARELY at modern freeway speeds,  I'd say that is an EXCELENT vehicle for a candidate to volunteer for turd of the race...

Celebrated only by the awarding of a a magnetic turd that people try to knock of the car.  Without touching your car.

Are you having a stroke?

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Hahaha!

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

Sparky Pete wrote:

Are you having a stroke?

Missed you Pete. :-)

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

Hmm, I am going with a Dairy Queen theme this upcoming race, so maybe I can put a tray out the passenger window with some ice cream cones, try to grab them when you drive by me.

33 (edited by ninjacoco 2014-08-06 01:24 PM)

re: this thread--Oh, bless your heart.

AFAIK, simca 1204 holds the record for slowest car to ever complete a race at Road America. smile and we did finish the one time, very slowly.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.