Topic: Quick newb question...

It's getting close to time for Lemons HQ to start accepting applicants into the Houston race coming up in a few months.  I have a few questions:

1. Do we need to buy our Lemons Licenses before we get accepted?
2. I have to have 4 drivers registered to get accepted right?
3. Once accepted, how long do we have to pay the dues?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Quick newb question...

1. No, get them done before the database closes
2. No, just the team info and concept, the drivers can fill in later.
3. Usually about 2 weeks from the acceptance date.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Excellent. Thanks a bunch!

omgpleasetellmeit'samantamantatheme

If you wanna team up as Ze Insufferable Germans in the paddock, let a coco know.

Haha, we are definitely going to try and make a MantaManta theme happen.  My teammates seem unconvinced that we will be ready for November... hopefully they are wrong.

Whats the cage progress?  You get it gutted and out for fabrication yet?

Teamgravy Racing > join us please @ http://www.facebook.com/Teamgravy

IOE winner & 2nd place Class C - North Dallas Hooptie 2013
2nd place Class C - Gator-o-Rama 2013

If you need help ridiculousifying the car and/or tracking down ridiculous bootlegs of the movie OR its ridiculous sequels...hehe. I think I even have English subs somewhere.

hotdogwater wrote:

Whats the cage progress?  You get it gutted and out for fabrication yet?

It's  all gutted, we just need to take the windshield out and go drop her off.  That should be happening in about two weeks time.

hey, another quick questions for you veterans out there.  If we are all signed up and we get accepted into the race, can we still back out if the car isn't ready?  Or would we owe the dues and be stuck with not being able to participate?  My team has me concerned that there is no way that we can possibly make the Houston race...

If you are accepted and paid your money, you have reserved a spot.  There are no refunds after that.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

KIDA26 wrote:

hey, another quick questions for you veterans out there.  If we are all signed up and we get accepted into the race, can we still back out if the car isn't ready?  Or would we owe the dues and be stuck with not being able to participate?  My team has me concerned that there is no way that we can possibly make the Houston race...

You have 2 weeks after acceptance to pay fees. don't pay anything until the car is ready-or really close to being ready- If 2 weeks time runs out and you are still not ready just withdraw your team from the race. that way somebody on the waitlist can race.
Or, just pay the fees. you'd be surprised at how much the prospect of losing $1200 can motivate a team to get it together and finish something.
good luck.

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,Winner class A The Ridge, 2022
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

Thanks guys!

If you don't think you may be ready I would probably back out before the deadline.  Especially for first timers there will probably be a bunch of things pop up that you aren't expecting towards the end of the build that will take time and make it even more likely that you can't make it.  Even cars that have been around for a while it isn't unusual to have to scramble last minute to fix something that broke right before the race, but typically it isn't something that will make it so you can't pass tech, although friday before the race engine swaps are also not that rare.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Yeah I am not sure how likely we are to actually be ready in time.  If we defer we will just aim for the Dallas race next year. Unless the timing of Houston is better.

BoB wrote:

...although Friday before the race engine swaps are also not that rare.

I resemble that remark...I think I have been thrice blessed with this joyous event.

OnkelUdo wrote:
BoB wrote:

...although Friday before the race engine swaps are also not that rare.

I resemble that remark...I think I have been thrice blessed with this joyous event.

Better before the race than during it.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019