Topic: anyone near thompson CT, and can bail out of work for 1/2 day? Do it

Open track day.   $100 for half day.   There are 4 cars here.   Total.   Virtually a private track all day!!!

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
New England Long Winter Build Award - 2015
IOE Winner, Loudon Annoying 2011, Judges Choice - Loudon Annoying 2012
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

Re: anyone near thompson CT, and can bail out of work for 1/2 day? Do it

Couldn't make it over there today.  Two broken cars.

How is the track? I was up there during construction, someone pointed at bumpy dirt and said this will be the main straight. Hoping to have a decent accessible track in ct.

-Killer B's (as in rally) '84 4000Q 4.2V8. Audis never win?

I was there in Nov at the swap meet.  The roadcourse was about 80% paved at the time.  Looked like fun. Of course, any new track is gonna look like fun.

Totally forgot about this and I was off today to boot. Damn.

Track was awesome.   A few tricky corners that I had trouble with for a while.      I'll pull some gopro footage and upload it tonight or tomorrow.

There were 2 of us there at 9am to start the day!    There was at least a 1/2 hr period in the morning where i had the track completely to myself.    By the end of the day, there were a whopping 7 cars.   4 Lemons, and 3 non-lemons cars,  well, plus one open-wheeled Formula Vee car.   They let the open-wheel guy run by himself, so we alternated in 1/2 hr periods all afternoon.

I'll bet next year won't be nearly so sparse, but it's cheap, and was a blast!    Too bad more people didn't come out.

Maximum Effort Motorsports - Mid-engine 1979 Chevette - Class C Winner - GP Du Lac Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
New England Long Winter Build Award - 2015
IOE Winner, Loudon Annoying 2011, Judges Choice - Loudon Annoying 2012
Class C & Least Horrible Yank Tank winner - Boston Tow Party & Overhead Cam Bake 2011

If only the Cortina had a motor, I would have made the trip... Maybe next season.  After I repair the damage done to her at Hooptiefest

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
FOR SALE! '68 Ford Cortina - BUY ME HERE!
'04 Mitsu in the works
BlackmavenMotorsports on Facebook