Topic: Is There A List?

Is there a list of team names anywhere? We are starting a new build for 2015 and need a theme, we have plenty of ideas but so many themes have been done already.

Re: Is There A List?

If you picked up one of the TH Vodden The Hell t-shirts, there are 200+ on there you could rule out.

The only other thing I can think of is downloading the results file and compiling a list, removing duplicates, etc...

Perennial Losers
Mazda 787b aka '75 914 - Org Choice @ The Ridge, 2015; IGS @ TH, 2018
BMW M1 Procar aka '80 RX-7 (retired) - Zero awards sad

I would probably concentrate on the area you are racing, and themes just look through Judge Phil's Uber galleries and see what you can figure out for themes.  There are teams in different regions using the same team name, I don't think it has really created any problems yet.  Maybe one day the teams will be at the same race and we can force them to do a dance off or something for the sole ownership of the name.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Team liveries & themes are easy to see in Phil's Uber Galleries, but not necessarily the team names. Team names are posted on mylaps.com (though searching for Lemons can be a pain) and I'd also look at the ones Roland has posted to Specialty Timing's website.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

BoB wrote:

I would probably concentrate on the area you are racing, and themes just look through Judge Phil's Uber galleries and see what you can figure out for themes.  There are teams in different regions using the same team name, I don't think it has really created any problems yet.  Maybe one day the teams will be at the same race and we can force them to do a dance off or something for the sole ownership of the name.

Please do not make us do that...we are all very, very white.

The Bad Decisions team on the West Coast is hereby forbidden to cross with Rockies with whatever skanky POS hooptie they are running under threat of watching me dance in an Anton g-string.  NO ONE wants to see that.

But seriously, a million themes have been done and we are to the point (being a family friendly team) of going through childhood/pre-adolescent favorite movies that still resonate with adults.  We have done "Princess Bride" (mainly because I wanted to walk around the paddock, drunk yelling "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die).  At some point we are going to figure out how to do "The Neverending Story"  but I am not giving up our next theme.

Due to current events, in April we made our car a plow truck because it was the most common (un)seen vehicle in the region because of our 72" snowfall.  Besides...we reverse jinxed Gingerman and had only ONE evening that dipped below freezing while the rest was glorious (all teams that enjoyed that weather may pay homage to our brilliant plan with beer, bacon, or Saturn rod bearings)!

In other words, screw what has been done.  If you happen to do it again, do it better,

You can also read the 30 pages of this thread http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=3801

Not so much for theme ideas, but for the "that theme was done by ------ at the race in 20-- at ------ raceway" responses.

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Team names don't necessarily have to align with theme. You can pick a good team name that is more universal, in anticipation of someday running other cars. Also if you are really good theme-r, you'll change theme every race, thus the team name is independent of your current car/theme.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

Don't take Farfrumwinnin, someone on the west coast already stole it once from us.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

RogueLeader wrote:

Don't take Farfrumwinnin, someone on the west coast already stole it once from us.

Sounds like its time for a dance off.  I have a large piece of cardboard someone have an 80s boombox?

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:

Sounds like its time for a dance off.  I have a large piece of cardboard someone have an 80s boombox?

In the Midwest...boombox not required as we have the EXP!

I'd love more Porschelumps. You can never have too many Porschelumps! <33333