Topic: Finding out you have no brakes #132 mustang

http://youtu.be/Ueijd_ejMrg

The glorious end to our weekend on Saturday. Welded the brake pad to the caliper piston. Tried to get another one but the amazing autoparts stores in the area gave us a left front instead of a right front.

Re: Finding out you have no brakes #132 mustang

Couple of quick comments:

First, driver should drive with two hands on the wheel.  Hand off the wheel while shifting, then back on the wheel.

Second, you should be giving the track off signal when you're exiting the track.  Nobody wants to pass you because I think there was a yellow flag, and they don't want to pass under yellow.  You do ts want to be pointing people by when you're exiting the track, you want to be signaling clearly that you're exiting the track.

bs

bshorey wrote:

First, driver should drive with two hands on the wheel.  Hand off the wheel while shifting, then back on the wheel.

Second, you should be giving the track off signal when you're exiting the track.  Nobody wants to pass you because I think there was a yellow flag, and they don't want to pass under yellow.  You do ts want to be pointing people by when you're exiting the track, you want to be signaling clearly that you're exiting the track.

bs

Thanks for the help but you can clearly see him waving other drivers by with his left hand. We'll work on the 10 and 2.

Thanks

ericdared81 wrote:
bshorey wrote:

bs

Thanks for the help but you can clearly see him waving other drivers by with his left hand. We'll work on the 10 and 2.

Thanks

Yes, I could see that.  But that's not the track off signal.  Left arm straight up, hand in a fist.  That signals to others behind you that you are exiting the track.

bs

That signal also means you are off the pace. You can use it anywhere on track to let people know you are broken and limping back to the pits.

So, you used up a set of pads in one day? Were they new? Also, OEM or a race compound?

m610 wrote:

That signal also means you are off the pace. You can use it anywhere on track to let people know you are broken and limping back to the pits.

So, you used up a set of pads in one day? Were they new? Also, OEM or a race compound?

Those were OEM pads that had the two hour sprint race on them.  We should have replaced them Saturday night.

bshorey wrote:
ericdared81 wrote:
bshorey wrote:

bs

Thanks

Yes, I could see that.  But that's not the track off signal.  Left arm straight up, hand in a fist.  That signals to others behind you that you are exiting the track.

bs

I didn't know there was a signal for exiting track or letting others know I'm limping the car to the pits.  I figured waving them by was the right thing to do.  Also your right about the two hands on the wheel.  Thanks for the observation and signaling help, I and car will be better prepared for the next race.

m610 wrote:

+10. Communication.
Learn to communicate with the other cars. Turn 10 exit when the driver backed off and decided to pit, the left arm should have been out the window and up in the air indicating a problem.

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche