Topic: Lemons Fall South '14 BS Inspection post now live

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/11-BS-Inspection-at-24-Hours-of-LeMons-Fall-South-2014.jpg

The NSF Frontenac, the Speedycop Wagon Queen Family Truckster, the Idle Clatter Mercedes-Benz "Hilux," a Renault Fuego Turbo, and much more!

Re: Lemons Fall South '14 BS Inspection post now live

Now finally some more Ford small six blow up experimental data!

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Well, I guess now we can add Family Truckster and Jurassic Park Explorer to the list of cars that no one ever needs to attempt again. Just no reason to now.

Can we make requests?

Dear Speedy,
I request an EXACT replica of "The Car."

Thank you.

Pinto leaf blower supercharger. Instant classic.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

So wait, is that Toyota pickup just the body plopped onto a Mercedes chassis? Or did they swap in the Mercedes engine?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, I think that supercharged Pinto was a former Wagon Queen Family Truckster theme car.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Been talking with Phil about that. It's a must-do for us.

Wendell34 wrote:

Well, I guess now we can add Family Truckster and Jurassic Park Explorer to the list of cars that no one ever needs to attempt again. Just no reason to now.

Can we make requests?

Dear Speedy,

Thank you.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:

Wendell34 wrote:

Can we make requests?

Dear Speedy,

Thank you.

If you're really going to do The Car, be sure to let RichVS and Cadillac Bob know. They're torn between The Car and a 6000 SUX for the next version of their AMC Marlin, and they'll do the SUX if The Car is being built elsewhere.

Speedycop wrote:

Wendell34 wrote:

Can we make requests?

Dear Speedy,

Thank you.

If you do, I'd love to make my first trip out east to drive it, if you have any room.

That car and that movie got, uh, deeply etched into my psyche when I was around 5 or 6.
That, and "Duel."

And this movie about this demonic killer in an old van that played crazy music on his 8 track deck while running people down. Anyone know what i'm talking about? Anyone?

Need to exercise some killer-car movie demons…..

Maverick74 wrote:

So wait, is that Toyota pickup just the body plopped onto a Mercedes chassis? Or did they swap in the Mercedes engine?

It isn't quite a body swap, all the panels of the Mercedes were surgically removed as were the panels from the truck.  The truck panels were then stretched to fit on the Mercedes and welded in along the lines where the old panels had been.  So its a Mercedes wearing a toyota as a coat.

wocowalkon wrote:
Maverick74 wrote:

It isn't quite a body swap, all the panels of the Mercedes were surgically removed as were the panels from the truck.  The truck panels were then stretched to fit on the Mercedes and welded in along the lines where the old panels had been.  So its a Mercedes wearing a toyota as a coat.

"Surgically"

nixon-head-in-a-jar wrote:
wocowalkon wrote:
Maverick74 wrote:

"Surgically"

Sawzalls and grinders are still surgical tools right?

In some countries/states.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013