Re: Who's in for Halloween?

Thank you for the graphic, appreciate it....

#33 Ford Festiva - Team Emoticons

I'm starting to seriously stress at this point. Here's my to do list before I can race

Finish engine rebuild - Can't find the mopar head gaskets anymore, resorting to Felpro
Install new shift cable - need to order still
Protect new shift cable - build heat shield
Either front mount the intercooler, or resort back to the old radiator
Get new brake pads installed
Replace master cylinder with a new one (current is reman and suspected bad)
Finish building fuel cell cage
Install fuel cell cage and plumb the new fuel system
build a new exhaust to get it away from where the fuel cell will be
rewire the ignition since I ripped the key cylinder out
check all the wiring for breaks

I think i'm missing things.

This might be the closest we've ever cut it before a race. Ok second closest. There was that weekend we started taking the engine out on the trailer waiting to get into stafford.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

The brooklyn bomb squad will be there.
Only thing left to do is finish rebuilding the head for the third straight race.
Sorted out some suspect coolant hose plumbing. Maybe that'll help keep
The old audi a bit on the cooler side.
See you all there Friday.

The boat has its new junkyard engine in, another 4.3, and seems to run ok in the driveway and around the block. 
Now we turn to the civic to replace the blown head gasket.  The TR7 doesn't have a motor yet, and the Cortina hasn't run yet with its new engine.   So, we're right there with you Chris.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Sonic wrote:

The boat has its new junkyard engine in, another 4.3, and seems to run ok in the driveway and around the block. 
Now we turn to the civic to replace the blown head gasket.  The TR7 doesn't have a motor yet, and the Cortina hasn't run yet with its new engine.   So, we're right there with you Chris.

::high five::

I was modifying turbos last night. We finally killed another one. Well, wore it out since it has a bunch of shaft play. I got both housings off with only one snapped bolt, so I think i can rebuild this one. But I have to modify another TI turbo to work in the TII setup. Which means removing and blocking EGR stuff, modifying the mounting flange, and reclocking the compressor side. I'm almost done.

Some of my fuel cell parts aren't going to show up until next wednesday. That's not going to help.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Looks like we might luck out with weather.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph … amp;smap=1

The daytona runs. I tried it with just a straight down pipe, nothing else. It's not as loud as I expected, which is good news for our plans to rebuild the exhaust. (currently the exhaust goes 2.5" stock downpipe > Cat > 3" pipe to the rear axle > 2.25" pipe over the axle > random exhaust can. The previous owner was a genius.) I think I could straight pipe it and be within sound regs, but I'll throw at least one muffler in line to be safe.

Now I need to swap the stock fuel system for the cell (wednesday), rebuild the exhaust (wednesday), finish some wiring, and a whole slew of small tasks. Good thing I took wednesday - friday off.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

We hit it hard this weekend, and have everything packed and ready to go.

Does anyone know what time they'll open the gates Friday?

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

the events page says 7. I'm going to aim for 7:30/8 so i'm not the first person there arguing about extra fees to get in.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

who is coming Thursday?  We should be there around 5-6pm Thursday night.   I suspect that 3PM will have the Triumph up on jack stands once again....

I love you guys.  See you all there.. and considering the night time temp a few degrees south of our expected stay.. pack to be warm..

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

We are all planning to arrive Thursday.  Chances of work in our garages Thursday night: 100%, right on Sparky!

We are in the north garages 15 and 16 I think, whatever the far end is by turn 12.

The boat is mostly fixed, needs brake and clutch bleeding again and a dipstick tube (which are suprisingly hard to find).  The civic will be race ready, just needs final touch ups from the head gasket swap this weekend and a L axle. The TR7 doesn't have an engine yet.  Yikes.  The Cortina runs, and is getting finishing touches. 

Needless to say, testing day will be important for all 4.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Someday i'll be brave enough for testing days. The daytona has run for a total of 20 seconds since the engine went in. I'll probably drive it on the trailer, then into the garage, and then onto the race track saturday.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

62 (edited by RogueLeader 2014-10-20 01:51 PM)

I'm in center garage 17 with the Fox and the BARF Honda guys will be with us as well.  Chris I thought you guys were in the center. 

Fox took a bit longer to prep for this race than we expected but shes packed and ready now.  It was partially a function of laziness, and partially because I am in the middle of a house hunt/wedding plan and that has turned my free time to dust.

Planning on arriving about 5 or so Thursday night, and planning on not paying to get in so if I have to sit and wait I will.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

RogueLeader wrote:

I'm in center garage 17 with the Fox and the BARF Honda guys will be with us as well.  Chris I thought you guys were in the center.

Apparently we were just barely too slow in emailing Nick with our garage requests (an hour or so after we got the email), and by then all of the center garages were gone, sadly.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Sonic wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:

Apparently we were just barely too slow in emailing Nick with our garage requests (an hour or so after we got the email), and by then all of the center garages were gone, sadly.

Yeah we are in 24 every race, I emailed like 4 minutes after getting the email and that one was gone as was that whole section of the center.

RogueLeader wrote:

Fox took a bit longer to prep for this race than we expected but shes packed and ready now.  It was partially a function of laziness, and partially because I am in the middle of a house hunt/wedding plan and that has turned my free time to dust.

Planning on arriving about 5 or so Thursday night, and planning on not paying to get in so if I have to sit and wait I will.

I hear ya.  i might be stealing power from you guys again.. but maybe not.

"Cheat to win"

66 (edited by WarpdSpazm 2014-10-21 10:50 AM)

Chris is generous with the Cortina's state (just cause it's better than the TR)... She runs... once you get her started... Starter just doesn't have the mojo to turn her over anymore. IGN only has base timing set, and carb needs to be tuned... A/F is reading pig rich (11.5-12.5:1), so much so that before the timing was based, we managed to get the header glowing red and developed a crack on cyl2 tube.... not as much fun watching the car spit fire at the alternator as one would think. There's now a heat shield over the alt.  Thankfully the carb is on the otherside of the motor as it was leaking fuel after the rebuild due to a loose bolt.  The fuel leak is fixed 100% now, but the header could benefit from a welder thurs or fri at the track. I suspect it'll get better when we lean the carb so it's not pouring 50% of my fuel into the exhaust... and yes, I still prefer carbs over a computer!

I'm looking forward to safety tech... not sure how I'm going to get her started to show that the kill switch still works...

Nothings packed, car only rolled onto the trailer last night. Have to work tomorrow.
Gonna be a great weekend!

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
FOR SALE! '68 Ford Cortina - BUY ME HERE!
'04 Mitsu in the works
BlackmavenMotorsports on Facebook

Does anyone need a roommate to split the room bill for bot Friday and Saturday nights?

WarpdSpazm wrote:

Chris is generous with the Cortina's state (just cause it's better than the TR)... She runs... once you get her started... Starter just doesn't have the mojo to turn her over anymore. IGN only has base timing set, and carb needs to be tuned... A/F is reading pig rich (11.5-12.5:1), so much so that before the timing was based, we managed to get the header glowing red and developed a crack on cyl2 tube.... not as much fun watching the car spit fire at the alternator as one would think. There's now a heat shield over the alt.  Thankfully the carb is on the otherside of the motor as it was leaking fuel after the rebuild due to a loose bolt.  The fuel leak is fixed 100% now, but the header could benefit from a welder thurs or fri at the track. I suspect it'll get better when we lean the carb so it's not pouring 50% of my fuel into the exhaust... and yes, I still prefer carbs over a computer!

I'm looking forward to safety tech... not sure how I'm going to get her started to show that the kill switch still works...

Nothings packed, car only rolled onto the trailer last night. Have to work tomorrow.
Gonna be a great weekend!

If you can get your hands on the equipment (a welding machine), Chris from my team is an expert welder, he built our cage, I'll volunteer him to weld up that crack for you.

WarpdSpazm wrote:

Watch for a quiet time, push start it, and bring it over. You can roll it over to our garage in the center garages and tinker with things while waiting for a lull in the tech line.

Is the starter really gone, or does it just not have good enough grounding/power?

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

TheEngineer wrote:

Is the starter really gone, or does it just not have good enough grounding/power?

Sent you an email with the funny story, but in short, yeah definitely the starter.

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
FOR SALE! '68 Ford Cortina - BUY ME HERE!
'04 Mitsu in the works
BlackmavenMotorsports on Facebook

Yank it an find someone to rebuild it quick.  You might even be able to swap the nose onto something more modern.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Does anyone have a projector? I forgot to negotiate borrowing my friend's, and since he lives in CT, i don't have time to get it before the race. No projector means no GT5 at night.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

TheEngineer wrote:

Does anyone have a projector? I forgot to negotiate borrowing my friend's, and since he lives in CT, i don't have time to get it before the race. No projector means no GT5 at night.

Where in CT?  We're leaving Hartford tomorrow at 3.

Black Gold/Sex Panther Racing: '79 Datsun 280ZX
Dirty Penny Racing: Rustyass Datsun 210.

TheEngineer wrote:

I'm also in CT as well.

"Cheat to win"

Thanks, I'll send an email. Brotus7, I assume you meant today, not tomorrow. I think i'm too late.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon