Re: Thunderhill 2014 wrapup video is now live

alienbogey wrote:

•  The complete, inexplicable omission of the I Got Screwed Award (won by the guys who ripped out their entire wiring harness, spent all night fabbing a new one from 10 miles of AutoZone wires and a pallet of connectors, only to find out the actual problem was the distributor)

Oh lord Jesus have mercy on me that is hilarious and sad and is a perfect Lemons moment.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Maybe I'll put together my own video of the I Got Screwed guys and their wiring nightmare.

alienbogey wrote:

• Live reporting format

•  Coaxing Jackie Stewart out of retirement for commentary

Hella Sweet!

Just personal preference, but those were things I did not like.

I was perfectly happy with the old format, but I'm happy with whatever they
choose to do.   It looks like they are having fun with their experiments.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

alienbogey wrote:

•  Failing to note that the IOE winner's fastest lap was under full course caution (and arguably should have been black flagged for racing under yellow)

•  The complete, inexplicable omission of the I Got Screwed Award (won by the guys who ripped out their entire wiring harness, spent all night fabbing a new one from 10 miles of AutoZone wires and a pallet of connectors, only to find out the actual problem was the distributor)

The roar of laughter as each of these factoids was revealed during the awards ceremony was awesome.

Half-Off Racing #506 (Driver) -- yes, yet another E28 BMW...

Best part by far was the faces of Nick, Jay, and Phil carved into the watermelons!!!

Captain of AFART Racing - 1987 and 1988 Toyota Supras
Captain of McDads/AFART Racing -1977 Lancia Scorpion (IOE Winner Sears Pointless 2021... wait, really?? YES, REALLY!!).
Captain of 42 Hours of MeLons (2013-14) - Vattenmelon Vagn 1984 Volvo 240, B-Class Winner: Arse-Freeze 2014

CowDriver wrote:
alienbogey wrote:

• Live reporting format

•  Coaxing Jackie Stewart out of retirement for commentary

Hella Sweet!

Just personal preference, but those were things I did not like.

I was perfectly happy with the old format, but I'm happy with whatever they
choose to do.   It looks like they are having fun with their experiments.

The general format I could take or leave. I agree that the "Jackie Stewart" bits got old pretty quick, but that had more to do with the terrible voiceovers, which were probably a necessary result of terrible sound quality in a windy paddock. Spank and Jeff were funny as hell. This video could have also used more Judge Phil, IMO.